CAT 2020 Admit card
IIM Indore has released the admit card of CAT 2020 (Common Admission Test) on 28th October. Registered candidates can download their admit cards by providing their User Id and Password.
To download CAT 2020 Admit Card, Click Here
Candidates who register for CAT 2020 examination can download the CAT 2020 admit card from the official website after the end of the CAT 2020 registration process. The dates are yet to be released and hence will be updated accordingly. However, the admit card will not be sent by any other means to the candidates. The CAT 2020 admit card will consist of the name, roll number, date of birth of the individual with the time slot and exam center with the address. Without the CAT 2020 admit card, no individual will be permitted to enter the exam hall.
How To Download CAT 2020 Admit Card Online?
- Go to the official website of CAT 2020
- Log in to the website using the login credentials (User ID & Password)
- Find and click on the ‘Download Admit Card’ link
- Check the details on the admit card
- Download and take a print out for the exam
Details Present in the CAT 2020 Admit Card:
- Candidate's name
- Caste category
- Date of Birth
- Registration Number
- Date and Time of the exam
- CAT Exam Center
- Google Map link to locate exam center
- Emergency contact number
- Test system number to identify your examination room
- Exam related instructions
Check the CAT 2020 Exam Pattern Here
CAT 2020 Exam day Guidelines
Below are the exam day guidelines released by the conducting body in the official website of CAT. Admit Card is the most important document on Exam Day. Download Admit Card from CAT 2020 Website and recheck the details mentioned in the CAT 2020 Admit Card
Dos for Candidates:
- Print the Admit card on an A4-size paper, preferably using a Laser Printer - Admit Card is valid only if the Candidate's photograph and signature images are legibly printed.
- Make necessary arrangements for travel, food, accommodation (if any), and any other expenses (including those on account of medical emergencies).
- Before leaving for the Test Centre, Candidates are requested to verify and carry their original ID proof and the printed CAT 2019 Admit card.
- Use the Google map link embedded in the electronic version of the Admit card to locate the Test Centre. Identify the mode of transport and commute time at least a day before the Exam Day in order to reach the Test Centre on time on the day of the Exam.
- Ensure to affix the Photograph, as required, in the space provided on the Admit Card before handing over for verification at the Test Centre. Affix the same photograph which was uploaded during the application process.
- Report at the Test center at 7:30 a.m. IST for the Forenoon Session and at 1:00 p.m. IST for the Afternoon Session.
- Deposit all personal belongings such as mobile phones, bags, wallets, jackets, jewellery, watch, electronic gadgets, stationery items, etc. at the Test Centre Entrance Gate.
- Maintain silence and remain in Queue during (a) entry to the Test Centre (b) frisking process (c) document verification and (d) biometric verification and (e) exiting the Test Centre.
- Cooperate with Test Center staff during document Verification and Frisking.
- Use the Reference Number printed on the Admit Card, to check the location of Exam Lab from the List displayed on the Notice Board at the Test Centre.
- At the Console, use the Mouse to select the right Option as an answer for an MCQ and to use the on-screen Keyboard to answer a non-MCQ.
- Return Writing Pad with all pages intact and Pen post completion of the Exam to the Invigilator.
- Ask for any help required in the course of the Exam from Test Centre Invigilator present in the Exam Lab.
- Mandatorily provide your attendance in the Form with signature when asked for in the Exam Lab.
- After the Exam, handover the duly signed Admit Card to the Invigilator present in the Exam Lab.
Don’ts for the Candidates:
- Avoid attempting to appear for CAT 2019 Exam more than once. Candidature will be cancelled if a candidate is found to appear for the test multiple times.
- Do not request entry into the Test Centre post 8:45 a.m. for the Forenoon Session and post 2:15 p.m. for the Afternoon Session.
- Do not carry any prohibited items such as electronic gadgets etc. inside the Exam Lab.
- Do not attempt to cheat or copy answers from others during the Exam.
- Do not involve yourself in any arguments with other Candidates or Test center staff. Decisions of concerned authority will be treated as final on the test day.
- Do not use the keyboard at any point in time; this will lock your computer system.
- Do not disturb other Candidates.
- Do not request for a bio-break while inside the Exam Lab unless it is a medical emergency.
- Do not have friends and relatives accompany you beyond the Test Centre gate.
- Do not request for change of Test Centre/Exam Lab/Console on the Exam Day.
- Do not wear any jewellery (or any item(s) containing metal), jackets, and footwear inside the Exam Lab.
- Do not use Mobile phones, Electronic Gadgets, Watches, Calculators, own Stationery items, Wallets, and/or Goggles.
- Do not provoke any other Candidate to commit or participate in any form of malpractice.
- Do not waste Writing pad pages as it is distributed only once per Candidate the during course of the Exam.
- Do not carry any page from the Writing Pad outside the Exam Lab after the test.
CAT 2020 Document Verification:
After completion of the frisking process, Candidates would be asked to proceed for Document Verification. Candidate’s Admit Card with affixed photograph), and original photo identity proof and other documents (if any) would be checked at this Desk.
After successful Document Verification
a. Candidates would be allowed to move to their respective Exam Lab.
b. After entering the Test Lab, Candidates would not be allowed to leave the Test Lab before the Exam ends, unless it is a medical emergency.
c. Candidates would be advised to remove their footwear outside the Exam Lab.
Post Document Verification process, Candidates would be asked to proceed for the Biometric Registration
a. During the Registration Process, the Candidate’s left thumb impression and
the photograph would be captured.
b. Candidates would be required to sign the Attendance Sheet.
c. The assigned Invigilator would read out the Instructions before the Exam begins.
The Invigilator would inform Candidates to log in to the Console. The candidate would be allowed to use the mouse or on-screen keyboard on their allocated system to log in.
Breaks during the Test
Once the Invigilator has signed-in a Candidate, the Candidate would not be allowed to leave the Test Lab until the end of the Test period. If for any unforeseen requirement, the Candidate would need to step out of the Test Lab, the same would be allowed only with an escort.
Sample Admit Card:
After the examinations, the CAT 2020 results will be declared by the conducting authority within a few days on the official website. The candidate will be selected on a merit basis which is based on the CAT 2020 cutoffs decided by various institutions for admission into their programs.