This profession is quite limited in the field of hospitality and transport. Most colleges offer short-term fares and ticketing classes. Candidates can opt for Diploma and Credential Courses in Fares & Ticketing. The course duration is basically from 4 to 6 months. Many of the Fares and Ticketing courses are job-oriented and applicants may quickly complete a course in similar fields.
Applicants who want to take Fares and Ticketing courses need to be fully aware of the various tourist destinations and to have appropriate knowledge of the relevant applications.
- Team spirit
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented approach
- Ability to multi-task
- Having an outgoing and pleasant personality
- Willingness to work long and odd hours
- Ability to adjust in a crowd/ different circumstances
- Good Listener
The candidates willing to build a career in this field should have completed their 10+2 in any stream from a recognized institute.
Fares and Ticketing Syllabus is as prescribed by various universities and colleges.
- Ticketing Policies and Procedure, Fare Construction Rules and police, Passports & VISA
- Elementary & Location Geography, Airlines & Airport Codes, Passports & Visas
- Time Zones, ticketing & Reservations, Tourist Accommodation
- All Travel Requirement and Ticketing Formalities
- Travel Sales, Customer Service, Refund and Cancellation Policy
Candidates willing to go for Fares and Ticketing can pursue different fields like:
- Selling and Handling Airline Reservation and Flight
- Diploma in International Flight Reservations
- Advanced Diploma in Air Transport Management & CRS
- Diploma in Tourism and Ticketing, Degree in Airport Facilities,
- Air Ticketing & Travel Management
- Diploma in Airline Ticketing
- Certificate in Air and Ticketing, Certificate in Galileo CRS
- Air Fares Ticketing and Global Delivery Systems