Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, schools, colleges, and universities are shut all across the world to avoid mass gatherings. If we keep a count, globally, over 1.2 billion children are unable to attend the offline learning centers. As a result, education has changed drastically, with the distinctive rise of e-learning. So during this pandemic period, teaching is undertaken remotely on digital platforms. According to a recent survey, online learning has been shown to increase retention of information, and take less time. There are some changes; coronavirus has made that might be here to stay.
All the students are in the position of being unable to return to campus because of the COVID-19 pandemic which is causing respiratory illness. It has made physical distancing or social distancing the new normal to avoid the disease. Making a continuous effort to provide a customized teaching-learning platform for online classes is the only way of facilitating education for the students. The Central government has recently launched the online platform, PM e-VIDYA with 12 new DTH channels. These channels will telecast 1 to 12 class academic sessions to reach out to all strata of society.
Why Online Learning Is Adorned By The Society?
Now, online learning platforms are adorned by the majority of the globe and it is seen growing in the last decade. The number of online courses, degrees, and faculties has increased immensely. Some of the positive aspects of online learning are listed below:
- Technology has changed everything: In online learning, students will study through videos, voice recognition, automatic corrections, and live exams, etc.
- Ease of monitoring: In a physical class or offline class, students would have to take notes on everything that teacher tells, but due to these online classes, everything will be recorded either on video or in writing, so that the students will not be busy in making the notes ignoring the lecture.
- The human factor: Talking about online learning does not mean talking about self-study. Every student must keep in mind that, the best way to learn by utilizing the help of a teacher.
- The ability to connect with people around the world: Through this online learning, students can also connect to teachers all over the globe irrespective of location.
- The democratization of education: Online learning is relatively low cost. It gives people an affordable environment to get a quality education.
Also Read: Best sites to learn online courses