Symbiosis International Deemed University(SNAP) 2021
Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Online Test is a common mandatory MBA entrance test for admission to all the 15 Symbiosis Institutes affiliated to Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune. The candidates wishing to join MBA, MSc, CA, and MSc (SS) programs offered by the Symbiosis Institutes have to appear for the SNAP Test 2020. The candidates have to register for SNAP Test & also register for the institutes offering his or her choice of programs by paying separate program registration fees. If qualified, he or she would have to attend the GE-PIWAT process conducted by each of these institutes individually. The registration process for SNAP has been simplified and the aspirants can now complete the SNAP and program registrations in the same portal.
Symbiosis International Deemed University has started the registration for the SNAP 2020 (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) Mock Test on 30th October. The mock test will be conducted on 31st October and 1st November 2020. Only those candidates who have registered and paid their application fees till 29th October are eligible to participate. The SNAP 2020 Registration will end on 30th November 2020.
- SNAP 2020 Slot Booking Process Started for 2nd Round Mock Test. Check Here
- SNAP 2020 Second Round Mock Test Registration Last Date. Check Here
- SNAP 2020 Mock Test Registration Started. Check Here
- SNAP 2020 Registration Starts. Apply Here
- SNAP 2020 Exam Pattern Changed. Check Here
SNAP 2020 Highlights:
|Exam Name||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test 2020|
|Conducting Body||Symbiosis International University (SIU)|
|Number of MBA colleges under SNAP 2020||15 Symbiosis Institutes|
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria||Graduation in any field with 50% aggregate score|
|Objective of Exam||Admission into MBA Courses of participating institutes|
|SNAP Exam Application Fee||Rs.1750/-|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|Date of Exam||15th of December, 2019|
|Total Questions in SNAP Exam||110|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Exam Date||December 2020|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern Changed. Get Details. Check Here
SNAP 2020 Schedule:
Symbiosis International University has released the application form of SNAP 2020 (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) on 24 September. The last date to apply for the exam is 28th November 2020. The exam will be conducted on 6th December 2020, 6th January 2021, and 9th January 2021. Check all important dates in the table below:
|Registration started||24 September 2020|
|Registration ends||30 November 2020|
|Mock test||31 October and 1 November 2020|
|Admit card release||5 December 2020|
|SNAP 2020 Exam Date||
20 December 2020 (Sunday)
6 January 2021 (Wednesday)
9 January 2021 (Saturday)
|Result declaration||22 January 2021|
SNAP 2021 Admit Card:
The SNAP 2020 Admit Card is released a few weeks after the end of the registration process. The candidates can download their admit cards from the official website of Symbiosis University. This can be tentatively done from 1st week of December 2020. The candidates will have to carry their admit card as well as a photo ID proof like Passport or Pan Card or Voter ID Card or Driving License or Aadhaar Card (UID) or Credit Card (Photo attached) or College ID card for verification purpose. Every individual should have a copy of the hall ticket so as to be able to appear for the management entrance test.
How to download SNAP 2021 Admit Card
- Go to the official website of SNAP
- Click on "SNAP Admit Card"
- Candidates will be directed to the page where they can download the SNAP admit card 2020
- Log in with their registered email ID and password
- Admit card of SNAP 2020 will be displayed on the screen
- Check all the details in the admit card of SNAP 2020
Details Provided on SNAP Admit Card 2020:
SNAP 2020 admit card contains the following details:
- Student’s name and roll number
- Examination time and venue
- Examination center, address, and code
- Instructions for the day of examination
Check the SNAP Exam Pattern Here
Exam Day Guidelines for the Candidates:
- The candidate is required to report at the Test Centre by 12.00 hours to undergo, admit card and ID proof verification, digital fingerprint scan and biometrics will be captured.
- After 14.10 hours no candidate will be allowed to appear for the SNAP Test 2020
- The SNAP Test 2020 will close at 16.00 hours, under any circumstances NO EXTRA TIME will be given to any candidate.
- Cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, alarm clocks, digital watches with built-in calculators/memory, or any electronic gadgets will not be allowed in the examination hall.
- The Test Invigilator will check your Admit Card and ID proof and authenticate the same.
- The duration of the test is 120 minutes, i.e. from 14.00 to 16.00 hours. The candidate may attempt any section in any order.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the hall until 14.45 hours. After submission of the test candidate will not be allowed to re-enter the test hall.
- Candidates found using any unfair means will forfeit their chance of being considered for admission and will be debarred from receiving SNAP 2020 scores.
- The scores published by the Symbiosis Test Secretariat shall be final and shall not be subject to any appeal or revaluation.
- Differently Abled category candidates are requested to contact STS with scanned copies of their Medical Certificates for ascertaining the percentage of their disability. (email: [email protected]). Candidates failing to do this will be considered under the Open Category.
After the examinations, the SNAP results will be declared by the conducting authority within a few days on the official website. The candidate will be selected on a merit basis which is based on the cutoffs decided by Symbiosis University for admission into their PG programs of different institutions.
Other Documents Required with SNAP 2020 Admit Card On Exam Day:
1- Students must attach the latest passport size photograph in the space provided on the SNAP 2019 admit card.
2- Students are required to carry any one of the following identity cards which will be verified by an authorized person on the day of SNAP 2019
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Pan card
- Driving License
- No duplicate admit card will be issued in case a student loses their admit card.
- Students must not attach passport size photographs that are more than three months old. Furthermore, the entry would be restricted without the SNAP 2020 admit card.
- If the candidate selects Differently Abled Category in the SNAP 2020 Application form and s/he requires a scribe/writer facility please note SIU will not be providing a scribe/writer. The candidate has to make her/his own arrangement for a scribe/writer. The qualification of scribe/writer should be ‘maximum second year of graduation and minimum matriculation.
SNAP 2021 Syllabus:
SNAP 2021 exam pattern is restructured again. The exam has scrapped the general awareness section and only includes General English, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation and Analytical and Logical Reasoning. SNAP 2021 exam consists of 110 MCQs and 5 Non-MCQs with 25% negative marking. Before going to the preparation a candidate must aware of the complete syllabus of SNAP 2021, ultimately it increases his/her confidence for the entrance exam. There is no official syllabus specified by the SIU, by taking the previous year's papers this syllabus is taken into account.
|General English||Quantitative Aptitude||Logical Reasoning|
|Antonyms and Synonyms||Time and Work||Analytical Puzzles|
|Sentence Rearrangement||Averages||Number Series|
|Fill in the Blanks ( Grammar and Vocabulary )||Linear Equations||Alphabet Based Reasoning|
|Reading Comprehension||Mixtures and Allegations||Coding-Decoding|
|Punctuation||Venn Diagram||Visual Reasoning|
|Sentence Completion||Functions||Verbal Reasoning|
|Spelling Based Questions||Clocks||Analogies|
|Idioms and Phrases||Simple and Compound Interest||Statement and Argument|
|Parts of Speech||Bar Graphs||Blood Relations|
|Critical Reasoning||Percentages||Seating Arrangements|
|Odd Word Out||Number System||-|
|-||Pipes and Cisterns||-|
|-||Problems on Ages||-|
|-||Time, Speed, and Distance||-|
|-||Profit and Loss||-|
|-||Permutation and Combination||-|
Check the detailed exam pattern.
Preparation Strategy (Subject wise)
Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
This section Carries 35 questions. Mostly arithmetic based question is asked. Quantitative Aptitude is a time-consuming subject. The best way to attempt as many as questions in the entrance exam is to practice a lot, use short tricks, and avoid the calculation mistakes which will enhance your accuracy with attempts in the examination
Analytical & Logical Reasoning
This section also contains 35 questions. This section has been the most scoring section among all other sections. Most of the questions are asked in a straight-forward way and are easy to answer. This can also be time-consuming but only practice makes it easy.
This section also contains 35 questions. English is the top and critical section among the 3. To improve English one must read the English newspaper, Magazines religiously on a regular basis so that it increases your vocabulary and sentence making capacity. Efficient practice on synonym, antonym, vocabulary, etc will help to ace this section.
1.Know the Syllabus Thoroughly:
Before starting the preparation the Candidate should be aware of the syllabus. The complete idea of the syllabus will help the candidate to get a comprehensive idea about the test pattern and also their won't be any chance on missing out any topic that is important
2. Coaching for SNAP:
Coaching Centres are another way of help for the preparation. If the candidate is seeking for tutorial and is ready to spend a hefty amount of money then he/she should keep in mind to choose the best coaching center. Reputed coaching institutions provide you good faculties, advanced study materials, tricks, and the right approach towards the examination that help a candidate to crack the entrance exam.
3. Take Mock Test for SNAP:
As we know “Practice makes a man perfect” so regularly take the mock test check your ability, strength, time management capacity, and your weakness. This mock test gives a complete idea of where a candidate has to work or where not.
4.Collection of Previous Year paper:
The previous year's papers help a candidate to know the question pattern. It gives a brief idea about the basic structure of the question pattern. It also gives an idea about the type of questions asked their level of difficulty in the examination.
5.Important Study materials and Internet:
In this competing world, it is very difficult to choose the right thing. So a candidate has to choose the right study materials from book shops or the internet. The Internet is a very vast source to collect information but the problem is, a lot of information at times can confuse the candidates about which to choose and from where to prepare.
This is the most important key a candidate has to know. Sometimes the candidates are able to solve all kinds of questions but due to lack of time management cannot it leads to failure. It is important to do smart work with efficiency. For time management a candidate should be aware of which question to attempt and which to not so that he scores the maximum. This decision making comes with a lot of practice
7. Take your Priority:
Candidates should select the sections their priority. If a question seems easy and less time consuming, it must be attempted first. The questions which seem easy but are calculative in nature should be solved later.
8.No new topic during the last week of the exam:
It is good to read, practice, and revise the topic which you are through with. But don’t go for the new topics during the last time of the exam because that creates confusion. It is very difficult to remember the topics without proper revision.
9.Prepare self notes:
Everyone has a different level of capacity for capturing, understanding, and perusing the information. So it is always better for a candidate to prepare their notes. Notes always help in last-minute preparation and the candidate does not have to go through the syllabus again and again
SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern:
The SNAP exam pattern has undergone certain changes in the past years. The exam pattern is released on the official website. There are two parts in the SNAP 2021 exam, 110 normal questions (+1 mark for each correct answer), 5 special questions (+2 mark for each correct answer).
SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Question type||Objective (MCQs)|
|Total sections||3 (General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning)|
- Normal Questions: +1 Mark for Each Correct Answer of Normal Questions
- Negative Marking: -0.25 mark for each wrong answer of Normal Question
Marks Per Correct Answer
Marks Per Correct Answer
General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability
Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
Analytical & Logical Reasoning
Here is a graphical representation of the mark distribution of SNAP 2021:
Tips to follow:
- For time management, a timer shall be present on the right- hand side corner of the computer screen.
- No specified sequence has to be followed by the candidates while answering the questions.
- While responding to the questions, candidates have the option of checking the count of attempted and unattempted questions.
- Candidates can change their response to another option if need be.
- Candidates can answer the questions in any sequence.
- Candidates can see one question at a time.
- They can select the option of ‘Next Question’ or ‘Previous Question’ to move on to different questions.
- The ‘Erase’ button at the bottom of the screen can be used to change the response.
- To review a particular question, candidates can use the ‘tag’ option to bookmark it and later ‘de-tag’ the same, if required.
- To know the status of every question, there is a color palette on the right-hand side of the screen. Different colors against the question status they represent are as follows:
Yellow: Question hasn't been answered and kept for review
Purple: Question has been answered and marked for review
White: Question hasn't been answered
Green: Question has been answered
- Most of the selections made by the candidate will be in auto-save mode.
- Candidates must note that questions marked for review or attempted will be considered attempted unless candidates use the ‘erase’ option on them.
- After finishing the exam candidates can use the ‘Preview Submit’ Button to view their responses.
Check the SNAP Syllabus
SNAP 2021 Cut Off:
The cut off for SNAP 2021 will be available for the candidates after the SNAP results are out. The cut off will be declared as per the categories and varies as per the different institutes. After the release of the cut off mark, the candidates will be shortlisted for the final procedure. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the counseling session as per their rank in the merit list.
Factors determining SNAP cut off
SNAP cut-offs are determined by each SIU institute independently on the basis of the following factors:
- Number of candidates appearing the exam
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Number of seats available in each institute and program
- Number of candidates who qualify the exam
Institute Wise SNAP cut off percentile for previous years
Expected SNAP 2020 Cutoff:
SNAP Cut-Off for Different Symbiosis Institutes:
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (Pune)||98.5|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development||96|
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business||93|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (Bangalore)||90|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management||87|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research||82|
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management||83|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication||73|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology||76|
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences||58|
|Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance||60|
|Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences||55|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (Hyderabad)||58|
SNAP 2021 cut-offs in these MBA colleges accepting SNAP scores vary from institute to institute. Different institutes set their own parameters and a candidate is selected based on that.the candidate has scored equal to or more than the cutoff marks set by the institution then he/she is eligible for further rounds and the SNAP counseling process
SNAP 2021 Application Form:
Symbiosis International University will release the application form of SNAP 2021 (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) .The application form is released by Symbiosis University on their official website for admission into various PG programs. Before applying to the SNAP exam the candidate needs to fulfill the SNAP eligibility criteria.
- The candidates should fill up the application form through Internet Explorer version 6.0 or above or Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- The candidates have to fill all the mandatory fields correctly and completely in the Application form.
- Wrong information given by the candidates will lead to the cancellation of the form.
- The photograph uploaded by the candidates should be taken within 3 months.
- If candidates want to change the preferred exam city, it can be done till the last date of form filling up process.
Steps to Fill up the SNAP Application Form:
Steps to apply online for the SNAP entrance exam:
- Visit the official website of SNAP
- Click on “ New Register” button and click ‘I Agree’
- Fill your personal, educational, and other details (Part 1)
- Click ‘Save and Continue’ to receive an OTP on the mobile number and email id
- Enter OTP and submit
- You will receive a SNAP ID & Password via email and SMS
- Pay the application fee through either online mode (INR 1750) or Demand Draft (INR 2065)
- After successfully registering for the examination, the candidate will receive the SNAP admit card on the official website once it is released.
- Recent photograph (not more than 3 months old)
- Class 10 and 12 marks sheet
- Graduation mark sheets or certificate
SNAP 2021 Application Fee:
- The application fee for candidates is Rs. 1750. It can be submitted through Billdesk or Easebuzz Gateway, Indian Bank Gateway & Demand Draft.
- The candidates, who submit the fee through DD have to pay Rs. 2065 (which includes Rs.1750 as test fee). The DD can be made in favor of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- Note: Applicants have to pay INR 1000 for each program that they have applied for in the desired institute. If they wish to pay through a DD, then they must pay INR 1180.
- After filling the SNAP Application Form, take the print out and send it to the following address:
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
Phone: 020-39116226/ 27, Tele fax: 020-39116228
SNAP 2021 Registration for Foreign Nationals
SNAP 2021 Registration shall be open for foreign nationals as well. Symbiosis International University will release a central merit list for all the registered applicants. The application procedure includes SNAP 2021 Application form filling, Document Verification, and Generation of SNAP 2021 Merit List. Once the application forms are submitted, students will have to apply to the participating institutes as preferred by them. They will have to register via the official website of the particular business school. The institutes that admit participants on the basis of SNAP 2021 scores will be mentioned in the application form.
SNAP Test Centres:
SNAP 2021 Test will be conducted in 90 cities all over India. A candidate may choose three preferences of test cities of the following for the SNAP 2021 Test. The Test Centre and its address will be printed on the SNAP Admit Card. No change of test city requests will be allowed once the candidate has completed Payment for SNAP Test 2021. Test City allocation is made based on the date of payment for SNAP. The earlier you pay, the higher chances of securing a Test City of your choice.
|Ambala||Bhilai||Delhi - Gurugram||Gwalior||Jalandhar||Kolkata||Meerut||Panjim - Mapusa||Rourkela||Vadodara|
SNAP 2020 Counselling:
The candidates will be shortlisted after the release of the SNAP Results and Cutoffs for the exam. The shortlisted candidates will be called as per their rank in the merit list. The counselling session will be conducted in three steps. The candidates will be allocated their seats after the successful completion of the counselling procedure.
Counselling process Steps:
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Written Ability Test(WAT)
- Personal Interview (PI)
|Group Discussion (GD)||10|
|Personal Interview (PI)||30|
|Writing Ability Test (WAT)||10|
|SNAP score (scaled down)||50|
In the case of Foreign Nationals
A student is eligible to apply as a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) if he/she is an Indian National and has appeared for the 12th examination (equivalent to the Indian 12th) or graduation outside India. It is mandatory for one of the two qualifying examinations to be given outside India.
Admission Criteria for NRI Students:
- Graduation Transcripts: 80% weightage
- Entrance Test (SNAP/GMAT): 10% weightage
- Statement of Purpose: 5% weightage
- Two Letters of Recommendation: 5% weightage
- Students applying under the NRI category are NOT required to appear for the English Proficiency Test (IELA/IELTS Examination).
Admission Criteria for FN/PIO/OCI Students:
- Graduation Transcripts: 90% weightage
- Statement of Purpose: 5% weightage
- Two Letters of Recommendation: 5% weightage
- Students applying as FN/PIO/OCI are required to appear for the English Proficiency Test (IELTS/IELA examination)
Documents Required for Confirmation of Provisional Admission:
- Statement of Marks of Last Qualifying Examination
- Provisional/ Passing/ Degree Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate of Disability issued by Competent Govt. Medical Authority (if applicable)
- Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Certificate (if applicable)
- Dependent on Defence Personnel Certificate (if applicable)
- Change of Name Certificate (Govt. Gazette) (if applicable)
- Experience certificate(If applicable)
- Certificate of Registration (If applicable)
- Application for Provisional Admission
- Medical Undertaking
- Indemnification Undertaking by Student
- Indemnification Undertaking by Parent
- Anti-Ragging Affidavit by Student
- Anti-Ragging Affidavit by Parent
- Photo Identity Proof (Driving License/ Aadhar Card / PAN Card/ Passport or any other such document as proof of identity issued by Govt. authority)
- SNAP Admit Card
- GE-PIWAT Admit Card
Aspirants who secure the minimum cut off marks will have to participate in Group Exercise, Personal Interaction, and Writing Ability Test (GE – PIWAT) rounds. These rounds will likely be held from February 2020. Individuals who wish to be admitted in the SIU colleges will have to attend all rounds of GE-PIWAT. These rounds are explained in brief below
Group Exercise/ Group Discussion (GD): This round assesses the ability of candidates to apply logic and reasons. It brings out the individual’s ability to make decisions and his management skills are highlighted. This round will be marked out of 10 marks.
Written Ability Test (WAT): Applicants will be asked to write an essay that will have a weightage of 10 marks. The essay can be related to a business management topic or any other related topic.
Personal Interaction/Personal Interview (PI): This is the most crucial part of the selection procedure. The aspirant’s overall personality and confidence will be evaluated. Students must confidently answer questions related to their own academic area and work experience. It will carry a total of 30 marks.
Fees of Top Colleges Accepting SNAP Score
Below are the top colleges accepting SNAP score and their fees in lakhs.
|College||Course fee (In Lakhs)|
|SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management), Pune||18.25|
|SCMHRD (Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development) Pune||15.46|
|SIIB (Symbiosis Institute of International Business), Pune||14.65|
|SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management) Bangalore||15.30|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM) Nashik||11.75|
|SICSR (Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research) Pune||7.20|
|SIMS (Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies), Pune||10.09|
|SIMC (Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication)Pune||12.44|
|SCIT (Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology), Pune||13.14|
|SIHS (Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences) Pune||8.22|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune||12.44|
|SSBF (Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance), Pune||14.72|
|SITM (Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management), Pune||12.75|
|SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management), Hyderabad||13.59|
|SSSS (Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences), Pune||9.5|
SNAP Exam 2020 Result:
The result for SNAP 2020 will be declared by the authorities on the due date on the official website. The scorecard will be valid for candidates for that specific year only. The result will not be sent via any other medium other than the official website. On the basis of the results, the candidates can apply to the colleges according to the cutoff set by the institutions. They must keep a check on the deadline for applying to the institution. After the results, the candidate will be called for the further rounds of admission and counseling process. The candidate can check the top colleges accepting the SNAP score and apply accordingly.
How To Check SNAP 2020 Result Online?
- Go to the official website of SNAP
- Click on the link showing "Result"
- Log in to the website using your respective credentials (SNAP ID & Password)
- On your profile, go to the option for downloading the scorecard
- Take a print out for future reference