SRM Institute of Hotel Management (SRM IHM) is a part of the prestigious SRM University present in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. SRM IHM was recently awarded as the "The Most Preferred Hotel Management Institute for the year 2020" by ASSOCHAM. The award was handed to Dr. D Antony Ashok Kumar, Director, SRM IHM by The Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship of India, Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey.
What makes SRM IHM Unique?
SRM IHM is the only Institute that is attached to a hotel. SRM Hotels are widely spread in India at places such as Trichy, Kattankulathru, Tuticorin, and Guindy.
Students from all around the globe especially from the west study at SRM IHM. The institute also provides international exposure to its students in hotels in France, Malaysia, Mauritius, and Thailand.
SRM IHM has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with several universities around the world such as:
- ALMA, Italy
- UCSI University, Malaysia
- FHM University, Germany
- Kent State University, USA
- Johnson Wales University, USA
- Southern Cross University, Australia
Placement Partners of SRM IHM:
- TAJ Hotels, Resorts, and Palaces
- Hyatt Regency
- Marriott Hotels, Resorts, and Suits
- The Oberoi Group
- The LEELA PALACE
- The Ritz-Carlton
- ITC Limited
- The Park Hotels
- CARLSON REZIDOR Hotel Group
- Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
- Holiday Villa
- CROWNE PLAZA Hotels & Resorts
- BERJAYA Hotel
- Holiday Inn
Awards Won by SRM IHM:
SRM IHM is one of the leading Hotel Management Institute present in the country which leads up to its standard. It is the Only Hotel Management Institute In India Accredited By “Wacs”. Some of the awards that are presented to the institute are:
- The Most Preferred Hotel Management Institute for the year 2020 by ASSOCHAM
- No 1 Best Private institution in Hospitality institute from south India by competition success magazine.
- National Education Leadership Award 2012 Felicitation
- Best Educationist Award 2014
- Best Culinary Student Award – 2015
- Smart Chef Award – 2015
- Top Hotel Management Institute Award 2011 – 2015
- National Education Excellence Awards 2015
Courses offered by SRM IHM
|B.Sc Hotel & Catering Management||3 years|
|Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology||3 years|
|Craftsmanship Course (Dept. of Employment & Training, Govt. of Tamilnadu)||1 year|