Telecommunication courses teach candidates about the basics of telecom management. By pursuing this course, students acquire essentials skills to manage the vast network of telecommunication. It also develops leadership skills inside the students and helps them to understand telecom operations along with management, regulatory, and financial perspectives. Telecom Engineers or Telecommunications engineers are the expertise in managing data such as calls, voice, video, and messages through different modes of communication. The most important responsibility of a telecom engineer is to design and install the telecommunications equipment along with ensuring good quality of data transmission through wired or wireless communication.
Some of the top jobs in Telecommunication field:
- Network Management: This profile deals with Base Station Service, Core Network, Optical Fibre, Field Maintenance, Broadband Installation, Transmission, Network Security, etc.
- Application Development: The employees of this sector have a hand over Mobile Applications/ Games/Apps Developer, Embedded Hardware Developer, Handset Software Developer, Network Software Developer, etc.
- Background / Passive Infrastructure: As the name suggests, users don’t have a direct interface with such Infrastructure. These are critical for telecom services available which deal with Transmission Tower, Radio Frequency, etc.
- Technical Service Support: This is the most common field in the telecom industry which provides onsite and offsite support and troubleshooting.
The Telecom industry is growing exponentially at a tremendous pace. So the career prospects of this field are increasing rapidly. The responsibility of a Telecommunication engineer is establishing communication by any means like via telephones, radar, telegraphs, radio, teleprinters, etc. They handle the entire process including manufacture, design, operation, maintaining, installing along troubleshooting the defecting devices. Telephone industries, Computer industry, satellite communication, microwave radio system, Fiber optics communication, the cellular phone industry continuously hire candidates from this field.
Numerous opportunities are waiting in this field to justify your skills and knowledge.
The topmost recruiters of this field are:
- TATA Elxsi
- The experience level plays the most important role in determining the salary. The more years of experience the higher your wage.
- If a Telecommunications Engineer has less than two years of experience, he/she will get approximately 16,100 INR per month. On the other hand, if you have an experience level between two and five years, you can expect to earn 30,000 INR per month.