IIT Bombay has released the GATE 2021 results on 22nd March. The GATE 2021 Exam was held for six days and twelve sessions on 5th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th & 14th February 2021. This exam is conducted for undergraduate candidates in Engineering to join NITs, IITs, and secure PSU jobs as well. A lot of students appeared for GATE 2021, a big congratulation to those who passed the exam. So, while it is a great moment to celebrate for candidates who have successfully cracked GATE 2020, others who have not cleared the entrance even if you have tried so hard, don’t be saddened thinking it’s a last opportunity for you. Instead focus on other career opportunities and options. Here I have compiled the list of other career options one can pursue further.
So, While it is a great moment to celebrate for candidates who have successfully cracked GATE 2021, others who haven't it's not the time to mourn but the time to focus on other career opportunities and options.
GATE 2021 Syllabus:
The candidates are advised to go through the syllabus thoroughly before starting their preparation for GATE 2021. The syllabus will help the students in concentrating on the most important subjects while preparing for the exam. The candidate should check the detailed syllabus. Check out the details here.
GATE Exam Eligibility:
The candidates have to meet the eligibility criteria set by the authorities to appear in the exam. It is advisable for the candidates to check the criteria before registering on the website for the exam. Note that, one candidate can apply for one paper only. The candidates also have to meet the educational qualification to be eligible for the exam.
Note: There is a change in eligibility for GATE 2021. Candidates studying in 3rd year of his/her graduation can also apply.
Highlights of GATE 2021 Eligibility:
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit prescribed to appear for the examination.
- Candidates must be of Indian nationality.
- GATE eligibility criteria 2021 consists of nationality, academic qualifications, and age limit criteria.
- There is no limit on the number of attempts to appear or apply for GATE 2021
- The eligibility for M.Tech admission through the GATE score may vary as per the participating institute. Check GATE Syllabus
- Go through the following article to know more information on GATE Eligibility Criteria 2021.
Eligibility for B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm. Students
Passed a Bachelor's degree (4 years after 10+2 or 3-years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) in Engineering/ Technology or currently in the final year of the degree.
Year of qualification must not be lesser than 2021.
Eligibility for B.Arch Students
Passed a 5-years Bachelor degree in Architecture or currently in the final year of the degree.
The Year of qualification must not be later than 2021. Check here in details about eligibility criteria
GATE 2021 Exam Pattern:
GATE exam pattern 2021 will include the number of questions, types of questions, and marking scheme for all the 25 papers of GATE. Candidates who wish to appear for GATE 2021 need to familiarise themselves with the exam pattern, syllabus, and marking scheme.
Note: Two new papers have been added for GATE 2021: ES (Environmental Science and Engineering) and XH (Humanities and Social Sciences)
In all the papers, there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks will be of General Aptitude (GA). The papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF, XE, and Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks. The General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% percentage of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper. In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, and XL, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks, and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
Since a candidate is allowed to appear in only one of the 27 papers for which the GATE 2021 exam will be held, they have to carefully make a choice of the paper they wish to write.
A candidate is expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of his/her qualifying degree. However, he/she is free to choose any paper according to his/her admission plan, keeping in mind the GATE eligibility criteria of the institutions in which he/she wishes to seek admission. For more details regarding the admission criteria in any particular institute, the candidate is advised to refer to the websites of that institute.
GATE 2021 would contain different types of questions in various papers: Paper wise GATE 2020 Exam Pattern
(i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).
(ii) Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of question. Click here to know more about the Design of Questions and Gate Marking scheme
Here are a few options for those who were unsuccessful in clearing GATE:
1. If you have totally made up your mind for a job and have no plan for higher studies then You can choose to apply to various jobs in the technical stream for which separate exams are conducted. Some of the jobs include those at AAI, ISRO, BARC, BEL, ECIL, etc. for which exams similar to GATE are conducted.
2. If you want to go for higher studies then there is no point in feeling helpless you can opt to join institutes/universities that conduct their own entrance exams for their postgraduate programs. These include BITS Pilani, IIIT Hyderabad, IIIT Bangalore, CSIR, DAIICT, and ISI Kolkata, etc. IITs/IISc no doubt provide good educational guidance in those courses which come under Non-GATE courses. Hence, you can join these prestigious institutions like the IITs and IISc for those Post Graduate courses that do not require the GATE score.
3. If you really want to go for GATE then there's no harm to go for one more try. As there's this famous proverb Try Try Try again until You succeed. If you have failed instead of feeling dejected, it's important to focus on what is to be done next. If you are really dedicated enough and do not want to go for other options, then you can give GATE another try. For this what you need to do is to analyze and understand why you couldn't crack GATE this time and work on your weaknesses before appearing for GATE again. Plan and execute properly.
4. In addition to this, there are many government examinations like Railways, Banks and also corporate sectors. You can give them a try which would lead you to stabilization of your career. while doing these jobs especially if you do wasn't to get into private sectors you can simultaneously prepare to appear for GATE again instead of dropping a year.
Hence there is no point in feeling dejected if you couldn't clear the examination this time. Life has been waiting with many other options all you need to do is to find them and try them. Lastly, it's your sheer hard work that would lead you to success other than that nothing can help you to get success.
Read Here, 9 reasons why to appear GATE exam