CAT (Common Admission Test) is a computer-based exam conducted by IIMs (Indian Institute of Management). Students take this exam for getting admission in B-school.
Qualification for CAT:
A candidate has to hold a certain qualification for CAT.
1. A candidate eligible for CAT if she/ he has a bachelor degree on B. Sc or B. A or B. Com from a recognized relevant University.
2. A candidate also eligible for CAT if she/ he has a bachelor degree on B. Tech, BBA, etc from a recognized University.
3. Candidates from post Diploma can eligible for the CAT.
4. Final year or Semester or awaiting results students are eligible for the CAT exam.
5. Aspirants must secure an aggregate 50% marks or CGPA in his/her bachelor degree.
6. Candidates from a reserved area have to secure 45% aggregate marks in bachelor degree.
1. There is no such age limit for appearing the CAT entrance exam. But there is a certain age below which a candidate can not attempt the CAT entrance.
2. The candidate should have completed the age 20 to appear for the CAT exam but there is no such upper limit mentioned for the exam.
1. IIMs follow all the reservation criteria guideline by the central government for the admission procedure.
2. Two type reservation system is available one is caste-based and another one is physically challenged based.
Caste-based reservation: There are 3 types of reserved category.
|Category||Eligibility||Percentage of seat reserved|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||The candidates who belong to ST categories must have to secure 45% in their bachelor degree.||15%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||The candidates who belong to SC categories must have to secure 45% in their bachelor degree.||7.5%|
|Other Backwards Class- Non- Creamy Layer [ NC-OBC]||The candidates who belong to OBC categories must have to secure 5o% in their bachelor degree.||27%|
Physically Challenged -Based reservation: There is a separate reservation policy for the physically challenged candidates.
1. Hearing impairment
2. Low Vision blindness
3. Locomotor Disabilities/ Cerebral Palsy.
Percentage of seat reserved
|Physically Challenged||The candidates who belong to ST categories must have to secure 45% in their bachelor degree.||3%|
1. Reserved Category candidates must full fill their reserve category during the form fill up CAT.
2. The Original Caste certificate or Physically Challenged certificate upload during the CAT registration if required.
3. The Original Caste certificate (State or Central) or Physically Challenged certificate (Prescribed by doctors) very necessary during the document verification time.
Read here : Key Details and Tips for the CAT Aspirants
Read also : Recommended CAT Preparation Books from Experts