The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the JEE Main Application Form for the April attempt on February 08, 2019. However, it is expected that the application form fill-up link might get activated today around midnight at jeemain.nic.in. This is because for the January exam too, NTA activated the application form link at 12:10 AM. Along with the application form fill-up link, a fresh information brochure for the April attempt will be also released.
- To start with the application form in JEE Main Form, the candidates need to authenticate themselves by filling the authentication form. The authentication form is the first step towards the application process. After successful authentication of the candidates, the application form appears on the screen.
- To fill the authentication form, the candidate needs to provide ID proof details. The id proof can be any of these – Aadhaar card, passport number, driving license, ration card number, bank account number, etc Also, the candidates have to provide a valid email Id and phone number.
NOTE: Adhaar Card is not mandatory for the Examinations.
On completing the authentication, the candidates will get their application number and password. Keep it safe as it will be used for all future logins. Next, the candidates have to complete the application form by filling out these details – Personal Details, Exam related detail, Mailing Address Details, Academic Details, Guardian Details, and Account Details. Thereafter the candidates need to upload scanned photo and signature.
- After the steps are complete the final submission step is to pay the application fee is the online mode or via e-challan. The candidates can then download their application form and take its print out for future references.
- The eligibility criteria for the JEE Main April Exam is that the candidates must have completed 10+2 or the equivalent examination in 2017 or 2018. The candidates who are appearing in 2019, are also eligible to apply. In addition to that, a candidate can appear in JEE Main 2019 exam for 3 consecutive times. Also, there is no age limit in JEE Main 2019.
- Also, the candidates must have 5 subjects in 10+2 or equivalent qualifying exam. For Paper 1 the 5 subjects are – a language, Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject and Any other subjects. For Paper 2 the candidates must have taken a Language, Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject) and any other subjects.
- The candidates have to fill out all the information correctly in the form. However, later NTA will also open a one-time application form correction window for the candidates to correct any error in their application form.
To know more about JEE Main April Exam click here.