One of the most important features of National Education Policy 2020 is the fact that reputed foreign universities can now set up campuses in different parts of India. The top hundred universities in the world will be invited to set up campuses in India. According to the National Education policy 2020, there will be a legislative framework that has to be followed by foreign universities with regard to governance and regulations of the campus. These are on par with the other autonomous institutions operating in the country.
Due to the setting up of campuses of foreign universities, the Indian students will benefit much in the long run.
- They can get the best of global education while staying in India. Getting to study in one of the top 100 universities without going abroad is surely a good opportunity. This will also save a lot of money for the students that they earlier had to spend while studying and living abroad. With this new education policy, foreign education will be accessible to a larger section of the students and will not be limited to the rich and the wealthy students.
- NEP will promote collaborations on researches and student exchange programs between Indian and foreign universities. This will be helpful for the Indian students as they will be exposed to the global education system, leading to the enrichment of their knowledge. The credits that a student will get in a foreign university will be allowed. This will be as per the criteria of the higher education institution.
- With the help of this new education policy, Indian students will be able to transfer their credits and carry out research at globally reputed institutions. They can first enroll in a foreign university in India and later go abroad for research purposes. This will open up a new avenue of study for many students.
- An internationally relevant curriculum will be open for the students. They will be able to learn about the updated curriculum in different subjects like social sciences, sciences, management, and so on.
- HEI hosting the foreign students will be set up to co-ordinate the matters of the students coming from abroad. The Indian students will be able to interact with such students and gain a deep insight into the kind of study that they do abroad. With this knowledge, they will be able to understand where they are lagging behind.
- As a student, one must know that no Indian university is among the top 100 World University Rankings. Hence the setting up of foreign university campuses in India will increase a student’s chance to get a quality education.
The setting up of foreign university campuses in India will be a boon for many Indian students. It will help to widen their knowledge and give them enough scope for research and collaborations in the future.