NDA or better known as the National Defence Academy is a renowned institution well known in the field of imparting military training and education to individuals.
Class 12th students can also join NDA in satisfying the eligibility criteria. The NDA exam is conducted by UPSC. On qualifying the written test, the candidates are called for 5 days SSB process by various selection boards. On clearing this test, they proceed to the medical examination.
|Focused Subjects||Elementary mathematics and General Awareness Test|
|Age Limit||16.5 to 19.5 years|
|Minimum Qualification||12th Class|
How can you apply for NDA after 12th?
UPSC conducts the NDA exam every year in January and July. Here are the steps that you need to follow for filling up the application form.
- Visit: http://www.upsc.gov.in/
- Click on "Apply Online" and fill in the details in form part-1.
- Then fill the form part-2.
- You need to upload your signature, picture, and photo ID proof.
- Pay the application fee and click on the Submit button.
- Finally, download the filled application form for future use.
- Valid ID, phone number
- Voter ID proof
- Certificate of 10th and 12th
- Scanned images of signature and picture.
- Any debit/credit card for making the payment.
Why opt for NDA and not other professional courses?
One of the most pivotal reasons why an individual must opt for NDA and not any other professional course is due to the fact that after the successful completion of the training, the cadets get jobs in the different armed forces services. This does not happen with the other professionals. They may complete the training and the course, but that does not guarantee them a job in their respective profession. Even if an individual gets a job, the job security is not high as with the case with the armed force personnel.
Hence if you are a young individual who wants to make a mark in their career, joining NDA will be a good option for them.
Also read about NDA: A bright and respectable career option.