Systems developers are responsible for building software for different kinds of businesses and organizations. A systems developer is also a kind of a software developer. They have to develop and implement various applications, programs for the processing systems at the backend side in the businesses. These systems are those parts of the software that do not have a user interface except for the purpose of administration.
Responsibilities of a systems developer
- Writing different documentation and operating manuals
- Creating user training and support manual
- Responding to the feedbacks
- Finding faults, diagnosing them and fixing the bugs
- Using different development tools to write and test codes for developing solutions
- Discussing with the client about his requirements and proposing a solution with the senior developer
- Test and modify the systems for better operation
Systems developers are employed by different banks, a technology consultancy, law firms, public sector firms, telecommunication companies, financial services firms and so on.
To get a job as a systems developer, you need to have a degree related to software development or computer science. However, some companies employ graduates too depending on their aptitude.
Skills essential for a systems developer
- Accuracy and attention in work
- Knowledge of programming languages like Java and C#
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Skills for self-development to keep pace with changing times
- Good team-working skills
- Understanding the latest trends and the effect on the commercial environment
- Great aptitude in mathematics
The salary ranges between 4 lakhs to 10 lakhs per annum depending on the work experience, qualifications, and company where the individual is getting employed.