National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts DU LLB Entrance Exam for admissions to three-year post-graduate LLB courses offered at Delhi University. The exam is conducted at the national level at more than 18 test cities. Through the entrance exam, more than 2900 LLB seats are offered at the law centers of Delhi University.
DU LLB 2020 Schedule
|Application form release||March 2, 2020|
|Application form closing||March 31, 2020|
|Admit card availability||April 30, 2020|
|Exam date||June 2 - June 9, 2020|
|Result Declaration||June 25, 2020|
DU LLB 2020 Admit Card
The DU LLB admit card 2020 will be released on April 30, 2020, in online mode. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of Delhi University. Candidates should carry the admit card on the exam day along with one valid photo ID proof.
Steps to download Admit card:
- Go to DU PG admissions/Delhi University’s official website
- Click on the admit card link on the home page
- Enter form number and date of birth then click on submit
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a print out of the admit card
Details present in the admit card:
- Allotted test centre name and location
- Father and Mother’s Name
- Exam city details
- Date of Birth
- Exam Date and Time
- Application No
- Exam day instructions
- Roll Number
- Reporting time
- Category applied
- Photo and Signature
DU LLB 2020 Syllabus
- General Knowledge and comprehension: Indian and World Geography, Constitution, Awards and Honors, Social Studies, Physical Geography, Science and technology, Everyday Science.
- Reasoning and Analytical Abilities: Reasoning Questions, Distribution, Odd man out, Calendars, Symbols and Notions, Liner, Circular & Grid Arrangement, Coding and Decoding, Number and Letter Series, Venn Diagram.
- English Language & Comprehension: Sentence Correction, Synonyms, One Word Substitute, Antonyms, Prepositions, Fill in the blanks, Error Detection in the written sentences.
- Legal Awareness and Aptitude: Legal Maxims, Important Landmark, Indian Constitution, Indian Penal Code, Family Law, Law of Tort, Indian Contract Act, DU LLM 2020 Syllabus/Important Topics, Jurisprudence, Company law and Partnership, Contemporary Legal Issues, Law of Contracts and Sale of Goods, Law of Torts and Consumer Protection, Family Law, Public International Law, Constitutional Law of India, Criminal Law, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Cyber Law, Environment Law.
DU LLB 2020 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of exam: Online mode
- Duration: 2 hours
- Question type: Multiple choices Questions
- Mode of exam: Online
- Total questions: 100
- Total Mark: 400
- Marking Scheme: +4 marks for a correct answer, -1 mark for an incorrect answer
|Section||Number of Questions|
|General Knowledge and comprehension||20|
|Reasoning and Analytical Abilities||30|
|English Language & Comprehension||20|
|Legal Awareness and Aptitude||30|
DU LLB 2020 Cut-Off
DU LLB Cut off is released after the announcement of results by Delhi University. The cut off list mentions ranks and marks of all candidates clearing the DU LLB entrance exam as per the minimum qualifying marks mentioned by the university.
DU LLB 2019 cut off marks out of 400 according to different categories was:
- General: 222 marks
- OBC: 169 marks
- EWS: 189 marks
- SC: 129 marks
- ST: 102 marks
DU LLB 2020 Application Form
DU LLB application form 2020 will be available from March 2, 2020, in online mode. Candidates seeking admission to the LLB course of Faculty of Law, Delhi University can complete online registration for the DU LLB entrance exam till March 31, 2020.
Steps to Apply
Step 1. Registration:
- Go the official website of the exam
- Provide details such as their name, date of birth, mobile number, and email address
- Click on the submit button
- The login credentials of the candidate will be sent to their email
Step 2. Application Form:
- Login using those credentials provided to open the application form
- Fill all the necessary details required such as name. DOB, mobile number, address, program preference, college preference, educational qualification, etc.
- After successful completion click on proceed
Step 3. Uploading Documents:
- Upload the following documents with the specifications mentioned:
- Photograph: Size up to 50 KB and in .Jpeg/.jpg/.png format only
- Signature: Size up to 50 KB
- Identity Proof (Self-attested): File size up to 50 KB and in .Jpeg/.jpg/.png format only
- Class 10 mark sheet: File size up to 100 KB in.Jpeg/.jpg/.png format only
- Caste Certificate file: Size up to 100 KB in .Jpeg/.jpg/.png format only
Step 3. Payment:
The application fee can be paid through credit card/ debit card/ net banking. The application fee for DU LLB is:
- General/OBC: Rs. 750
- SC/ST/PWD/EWS: Rs. 300
DU LLB 2020 Counseling
DU LLB counseling will be conducted in July 2020 after the announcement of results through offline mode. Delhi University will release schedule for counseling mentioning dates and details about the admission rounds at their official website. Candidates will be called for the counseling as per the ranks and category of candidates. Candidates must bring their original documents for the verification process.
Documents required during counseling are:
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- DU LLB 2020 admit card
- DU LLB 2020 scorecard
- Date of birth proof
- Reserved category certificate
- Recent passport size photographs
DU LLB 2020 Result
DU LLB Result 2020 will be declared on June 25, 2020, in online mode. The result will contain the overall mark, category mark, and rank. Candidates clearing the cut-off will be called for the counseling process by the Delhi University.
Steps to view the result:
- Go to the official website of Delhi University
- Click on the result link
- Enter your application form number and DOB
- The result will appear on the screen
- Download and take a print out for future use
DU LLB 2020 Answer Key
The answer key for DU LLB 2020 will be released during the 3rd week of June 2020. The answer key will consist of the answer to all the questions asked in the entrance exam. The candidate can compare their attempted questions with the answer key and have a brief prediction about their result.
Steps to download the answer key:
- Go to the official website of the Delhi University
- Click on the link of answer key DU LLB
- Provide form number and DOB
- The PDF of the answer key will appear
- Download to compare your attempted questions
DU LLB 2020 Eligibility:
- Candidates should have a graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized university.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks (for general), 45% marks (for OBC) & 40% marks (for SC/ST) in their qualifying exam.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation can also apply for this exam.
- Candidates who belong to the PWD category get a relaxation of 5% marks in the percentage criteria prescribed for the general category.
- The minimum age limit to apply for DU LLB is 20 years and there is no upper age limit.
Q: Will there be any application correction window for DU LLB?
A: No, the application correction process window won't be provided by the University. Application form once submitted, cannot be altered.
Q: What is the reservation criteria of DU LLB?
A: The reservation criteria of DU LLB is:
|Category||Percentage of Seats|
Q: Can I get the admit card through the post?
A: No, the admit card will only be available on the official website.
Q: What can I carry to the examination hall for DU LLB?
A: The candidates are allowed only to take their respective admit card and a photo ID proof.
Q: Is the application fee refundable?
A: No, the application fee won't be refunded under any circumstances.
Q: How can I prepare for DU LLB 2020?
A: Few preparation tips for DU LLB is mentioned below:
- Clear your basic concept of the subjects.
- Make a proper time table and follow it.
- Solve the mock tests and sample papers regularly.
- You may also take some help from online lectures.
- Avoid learning new topics at the last moment and read the newspaper every day.
Q: What will be the cut-off rank for DU LLB 2020?
A: The cut-off rank for DU LLB 2020 is expected to be:
Q: What are the best books to prepare for DU LLB 2020?
A: Book that will help to clear DU LLB 2020 are:
- Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning by AP Bhardwaj
- Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other Law Entrance Examinations: A Workbook
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- High English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin
- A Modern Approach to Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning (2018-2019) Session by MK Panday