NEET Cut off
The NEET 2020
Cut off will be out on June 5, 2020, shortly after the declaration of the NEET result by The National Test Agency (NTA). The NEET
Cut off 2020 for MBBS specifies the minimum marks for the candidates to qualify for the medical entrance exam. That means the NEET
cut off marks 2020 will set the limit for the qualification of the candidates. The candidates having marks equal to or more than the NEET Cut off 2020 will be eligible to get admitted to medical, dental and allied courses.
The candidates who are aspiring to study MBBS abroad will have to score marks equal to NEET cut off 2020. NEET 2020 aspirants can check here the important details related to NEET Cut Off 2020 such as minimum qualifying percentile, tiebreaker criteria, merit list, rank list, and counseling process
NEET Application Form Correction window Re-Opened, Get Link Here
The NEET Cut off for candidates belonging to the UR category is 119 marks (out of 720) to qualify NEET 2020, while the Cut off for OBC/SC/ST category candidates is 96 marks.
- The NEET Cut off Marks for the OBC-PH category is 96.
- The highest mark secured in NEET Cut off 2018 is 691 out of 720.
- There’s a decrease in cutoffs of NEET 2019. The decrease is of 12 marks for the unreserved category and 11 marks for the reserved category.
Minimum Qualifying Percentile - NEET Cut Off 2019 For MBBS:
The minimum qualifying percentile is the least percentile required for the candidates to qualify for 2020. This percentile is calculated on the basis of the relative performance of all the candidates. Candidates to qualify for NEET 2020 will have to secure equal to or more than the percentile.
Calculation of NEET Cut off Percentile:
The percentile indicates how a candidate performs in comparison to others who appear in the exam. It’s the relative performance of a candidate against the performance of all the candidates. This percentile shows the percentage of students who have scored below that particular candidate.
Qualifying Marks out of 720
|Unreserved Category (UR)||360||50th Percentile|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||288||40th Percentile|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||288||40th Percentile|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||288||40th Percentile|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||324 (UR), 288 (Reserved Category)||45th Percentile|
Read Here, Preparation Tips To Crack Neet UG Exam In 1 Month
Percentile Mode -NEET Cut Off 2018:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff Marks||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||119||6,34,897|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||96||17, 209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||96||7, 446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||96||54, 653|
Also Read Here, NEET (UG) Answer Key
Percentile Mode -NEET Cut Off 2017:
|Category||Cut Off Percentile||Cut Off Score||No. of Candidates|
|General||50th||697 - 131||543473|
|OBC/SC/ST||40th||130 - 107|
|General-Physically Handicapped||45th||130 - 118||67|
|OBC/SC/ST- Physically Handicapped||40th||130 - 107|
Read Also: 8 Keys to crack Medical Entrance exams at first attempt
NEET 2020 cutoff for admission
The cut off of NEET 2020 will be considered for admission to the following UG medical seats:
- 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats
- 85% State Quota seats
- Deemed and Central universities
- ESIC and AFMS
- Private institutes
NEET cutoff 2020 for 15% All India Quota seats
As mentioned before, for admission to 15% AIQ seats, aspirants must secure NEET 2020 AIQ cutoff as specified by NTA. It must be noted that the AIQ cutoff of NEET 2020 will be the same as the qualifying percentile.
NEET cut off scores for All India Quota seats has been mentioned in the table below, which is equivalent to the percentile.
NEET cutoff for 15% AIQ
|Cutoff scores (2019)||134||107||120|
|Cutoff scores (2018)||119||96||107|
NEET preparation from class 11: Books, syllabus
NEET cut off for MBBS deemed universities
|Name of college||NEET 2019 closing ranks||NEET 2018 closing ranks||Quota|
|Sree Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Puducherry||448593||453885||Management|
|Saveetha Medical College and Hospital, Kanchipuram||168249||711901||Management|
|B.L.D.E University, Bijapur||407951||614993||NRI|
|Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore||137508||135581||Muslim minority|
|SBKS Med. Inst. and Res. Centre, Sumandeep Vidyapeeth||243082||125138||Jain minority|
Know what are the Best Books for NEET
NEET cutoff for BDS deemed universities
|Name of Medical Colleges||NEET 2019 closing rank||NEET 2018 closing rank||Quota|
|Yenepoya Dental College, Yenepoya||463354||634449||Management|
|SRM Katt. Dental College and Hospital, Chennai||81164||316989||Management|
|KM Shah Dental College, Vadodara||675641||633535||Jain minority|
Read Also: What are the changes made in NEET ? NEET UG , Exam Pattern, Syllabus
NEET 2020 cutoff for 85% state quota seats
After 15% AIQ, the remaining 85% state quota seats will be allotted by respective state counseling committees on the basis of NEET scores. The cut off of NEET 2020 for 85% state quota seats will be released by designated authorities after the completion of admission. The state-wise list of NEET cutoff
for state quota seats can be checked from the table below.
NEET Cut off 2020 Tie-Breaker Criteria:
The tie-breaker criteria arise where two or more candidates secure equal marks. Taking tie-breaker criteria into consideration, the NEET merit list 2020 will be prepared. The following steps are to be followed:
- Marks in Biology in NEET 2020: Candidates who have secured more marks in Botany and Zoology (Biology) will be given preference over the candidates having lesser marks.
- Marks in Chemistry in NEET 2020: If the above criterion fails, then the candidate with more marks in Chemistry will get the preference over the one with lesser marks.
- Number of Wrong Answers: Even if these criteria fail, the candidates with the least number of wrong answers will be given the priority.
Age: If the tie still stands, then older the candidate will get the priority.
What’s 15% All India Quota?
- 15% All India quota means admission to all the medical colleges of the country will be done through 15% of All India Quota and the rest 85% are through state quota.
- For example, if a medical college has total 100% seats, 15 admissions will be done through all India quota and rest 85 seats are filled by state quota.
Merit List - 15% All India Quota Counseling
- The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), the regulatory body for the counseling of 15% All India Quota seats will do the NEET 2020 counseling that is most probably in 2nd week of June 2020. The candidates who have successfully qualified the exam by securing the minimum the NEET cut off 2020 for their respective categories will be entitled to this merit list.
- There are two types of ranks are released- All India Rank (AIR) and All India Quota (AIQ) rank i.e. All India merit list and 15% AIQ merit list. This list consists of the names of candidates have scored more than the minimum qualifying percentile and the list will be submitted to respective counseling conducting authorities. The counseling of NEET 2020 will be conducted through online mode. The candidate will have to register online with DGHS when the registration process of the NEET 2020 counseling starts.
- This NEET counseling 2020 will be done for the 15% of the total seats of all the medical colleges of the country, known as 15% All India Quota seats. This counseling is applicable to all the government colleges (except for colleges of J&K), all the seats of Central and Deemed Universities, seats reserved Insured Persons in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) medical colleges and seats for the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune.
- The counseling of NEET 2020 for the remaining 85% State Quota seats will be conducted by the respective state authorities. NEET 2020 counseling for 15% All India Quota seats will be of two rounds while in the case of Central & Deemed Universities and ESIC colleges, the counseling is conducted in three rounds.
NEET Counselling 2020 Procedure
- Online Registration
- Choice Filling & Locking
- Result Declaration
- Reporting to the Allotted College
Click Here for Counselling procedure, seat allotment, best Colleges
NEET Cut Off - Top 5 Government Medical Colleges:
NEET Admission 2020
As the seats are allotted to the candidate, they have to report at the allotted college within the stated time period. For the admission procedure, candidates have to bring their original documents for verification. In the event of not being able to report to the allotted college, then his/her seat will be cancelled and won’t be permitted to participate in further rounds of counseling.
Documents required for verification at the time of Admission:
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheets & passing certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Identity Proof
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Rank Card/Rank Letter
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Eight Passport size photograph (Six)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
Also Read, NEET Reservation Policy and Criteria
Know about : Allied healthcare services: A Scope to associate with healthcare sector without having a MBBS/BDS Degree