The IIM – CAP 2020 (Common Admission Process) is to get admission in to 10 new and baby IIMs. There are 6 new IIMs that are-
And there are 4 baby IIMs that are-
The CAP 2020 has started and it consists of 2 tiers that are – WAT (Written Ability Test) & PI (Personal Interview). This year the CAP 2020 was conducted by IIM Ranchi. IIM Ranchi has not announced the name of the CAP participating Institutes but from the information shared in the personal website of the IIMs it is expected that the above 10 IIMs will participate in CAP 2020.
- These 10 IIMs will choose their candidates on the basis of valid CAT-2020 score, WAT & PI score, academic profile, work experience, etc.
- IIM, Ranchi is going to declare a common shortlist for all the participating IIMs for WAT & PI round.
Last year IIM Rohtak increased the number of listed candidates from 11846 to 12790 for CAP 2nd round. As the number of seats in each IIM increased, it is expected that around 14000 aspirants who attend and qualify in CAT 2020 can be listed for CAP 2020.
Last year CAP participating IIMs had an intake of 1460 seats for 9 IIMs so this year the seat number is expected to be increased before the release of CAT 2020 result.
Here is the list of the 9 IIMs and their number of seat intake:
|Indian Institute of Management||Intake|
|IIM Bodhgaya||60 (Baby IIM)|
|IIM Sambalpur||60 (Baby IIM)|
|IIM Sirmaur||60 (Baby IIM)|
CAP 2020 rules:
Here are some rules for the Common Admission Process (CAT) for PG program for the academic year 2020
- The individual IIM have to select the qualified candidates according to their shortlisting criteria. Then the organizing body, IIM Ranchi will combine the shortlists of all the IIMs for further processing. The criteria for shortlisting is same for all the participating IIM.
- And from the combined list prepared by the coordinating IIM, candidates will be informed about the PI & WAT..
- Request to change the centre for IP & WAT should be informed to the IIM Ranchi and decision will be taken after communicating with the candidate.
- The final merit list is based on some facts that are the PI & WAT score, CAT 2020 score, profile score and any other score.
- Every participating IIM has its own selection criteria and according to this they make their final merit list. And one can get all the information about this criteria on the website of the respective institutes.
- It is compulsory for all the shortlisted candidate to attend the PI & WAT of CAP 2020.
- The score of the old IIMs is not applicable.
PI & WAT CENTRE:
The short-listed candidates have to attend the WAT & PI process at their respective interview centres and that are New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai and Kolkata. The exact date of PI & WAT will be informed to the listed candidate by the IIM Ranchi.
Read More about : Know how to crack GD/PI and WAT for CAT?
Coordination process between New and old IIMs:
Candidates who are shortlisted for some old IIMs can skip the CAP as some old IIMs will share their PA scores with IIM Ranchi. The score of PA process will be shared with other participating CAP who will have to prepare their own merit list according to the score.
7 steps in new IIMs CAP 2020:
- A shortlist is prepared by every individual IIM
- Each IIM have to send the shortlist to the Cap 2020 coordinator- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Ranchi will create the final shortlist of candidates for CAP 2020 calls.
- The listed candidates to participate in PI & WAT.
- IIM Ranchi will send the CAP 2020 score then to all the participating IIMs.
- All the participating IIM have to prepare their own final admission list.
- Finally, listed candidates can get admission into the referred IIM
Read also : CAT Exam: Things you should take care of on the test day