Are you preparing for the JEE Main? Are you confused about what to expect in JEE Main? Then, keep your preparation simple and decisive. The preparation for JEE Main is all about being clear about the syllabus, capitalizing on the concepts, remaining aware of the exam pattern, and solving the numerical.
But students these days tend to forget or overlook of taking up the mock tests and practicing previous year question papers. Considering the stiff competition and difficulty level of the entrance exam at hand these days, candidates need to give importance to Mock Tests and Previous Years Question Papers.
Yes, Mock Tests are very important these days. Mock Tests are nothing but trial exams and aspirants take up those tests to access their level of preparation. Starting from Class 10 Board Exams, the higher level of secondary exams to all the major competitive and entrance exams, the Mock Tests are important. What are aspirants expected to gain from such Mock Tests? The following are some of the advantages:
1. Mock Tests give the real feel of the exam. Newcomers for a particular exam can use these tests as a trial run. It can give you the experience of the same amount of pressure and feel as of real exam. If practiced thoroughly and regularly, it can give students confidence and self-analytical capacity.
2. There are candidates who work hard on the exam pattern, syllabus and solving questions but on the exam day, they forget everything or everything vanishes from their mind. This is because they have never been to the real pressure situation. In that context, Mock tests play a key role in getting familiar with the situation. Revision is most important in grasping all that you have studied. Mock tests can give the opportunity to the aspirants to revise the entire syllabus in the simulated setting of the actual exam.
3. The level of practice the Mock Tests provide is impeccable. Students become familiar with the style, scope, and possibility of the question paper. Managing the entire exam on time is really tough. Mock Tests help the students in managing their time well. Once a student takes several mock tests, the student is in a position to identify on his strengths and weaknesses and accordingly he or she can chalk out the plan.
4. There are some questions which come frequently. Once those are practised well, it can be easier for students to score high.
5. Competition is challenging but at the same time, it can be advantageous because it can grow your performance as far as practice is concerned. If you have to go through that level of competition right way, attempt Mock Tests otherwise the competition will pull you down.
For detailed information about JEE Main, CLICK HERE
Importance of Previous Years Question Papers
1. If you practice the previous year question papers, you will get the opportunity to cover most part of the exam syllabus and expected question pattern. You won’t have to worry about missing out any important topic or concept.
2. It can make the aspirants specific about the question pattern and concepts which are more important or less.
3. The candidates will get the fair idea of question pattern which comes from a particular topic. Because there are topics from where conceptual questions are asked or there are topics which are problem-based. In a sense, you won’t be surprised by the questions.
4. Speed and accuracy are the two most important factors of the entrance exam. Once you know what to expect in the exam day, your speed and accuracy will automatically peak and the nervousness of the exam day will go away.
5. When you are solving previous year question papers, you’re not solving question bank but real question papers. In the practical sense, you will be better placed crack the exam.
Read More Here: JEE Main Preparation Tips for Maths
Read More Here: Crack the JEE Main 2019 without Coaching