- Surgical assistants
- surgical technologis
A day in the life of an anaesthetist:
- See patients preoperatively for morning gynaecology list. Prepare drugs and check anaesthetic machine
- Weekly anaesthetic audit meeting discussing critical incidents and any problems within the department
- Knife to skin on first gynaecology patient. We have two laparoscopies and four hysteroscopies. Assess novice year 1 specialist trainee for initial assessment of competencies for general anaesthesia
- Lunch break in department, reviewing patient notes for urology list next week. One patient has severe sleep apnoea. Book a bed for him on the high dependency unit
- See elective caesarean patients preoperatively
- Site a combined spinal epidural for first elective case
- Attend afternoon ICU ward round as on-call tonight. Quick check in theatres to see cases going on. Go home
- Students have to qualify 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- After 10+2, students have to pass the MBBS degree from a recognized university.
- After completing the MBBS degree, students can apply for the postgraduate programme in Anesthesia.
Top Medical colleges of India that offers Anesthesia:
- Agartala Government Medical College, Agartala
- Aligarh Muslim University, UP
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Kochi
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Anesthesia
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Anesthesiology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Anesthesia: The duration of this programme is two years.
Job Skills & Qualifications Reqiured:
- Must have a doctor of Medicine degree with anesthesiology residency
- Should have minimum of 3 years of experience as anesthesiologist
- Need to be board certified in anesthesiology
- Perfectly skilled at epidurals, spinals and ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia
- Should possess the ability to stand for long periods of time
In India, as an Anesthesiologist,at tge starting of the career one will get 20,000 to 30,000 per month
- Anesthesiologist Assistant
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists
- Anesthesia Technician
- Medical Consultant
- Clinical Associate
- Associate Consultant
- Career in Anesthesiology is one of the most useful areas in the field of healthcare.
- There are many job opportunities for the Anesthesiologist. They will get the employment in medical universities or schools, public sectors, outpatient care center, specialty hospital, offices of physicians.
- The role of an anesthesiologist is very important during the operations since any allergic reactions may occur in the patient’s body due to the effect of anesthesia.
- The duty of the anesthesiologist is to keep an eye on the breathing, blood pressure & heart rate of the patient.
- You can also work as a volunteer in any local hospitals or at a health care clinic to gain experience. The requirement of Anesthesiologists is increasing not only in India but also in foreign countries. Other opportunities may exist in military, research field, etc.