NID DAT (Design Aptitude Test) is a national level exam conducted by the National Institute of Design every year to provide admission into various UG & PG courses at 7 NID campuses. NID DAT has two entrance exams namely Prelims and Mains. A candidate needs to qualify in both the exams along with a studio test and Interview to get selected. The exam is conducted in offline mode for a duration of 3 hours.
- NID DAT 2021 Application Form Link will be activated from 9th January, Click here to know more
- Bachelor in Design (B. Des)
- Masters in Design (M. Des)
- Graduate Diploma Program in Design (GDPD)
NID DAT 2021 Highlights:
|Exam Name||Design Aptitude Test (DAT)|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Design|
|Exam Type||National Entrance Test for Professional Programs in Design at both UG and PG levels|
|Exam Duration||3 hours each for DAT Prelims and Mains|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper-based (PBT)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
NID DAT 2021 Schedule:
|NID DAT 2021 Application Form Release||8th January, 2021|
|Online Application Form Submission Deadline||7th February, 2021 (04:00 PM)|
|Online Application Form Submission Deadline with late fee||8th February, 2021 (04:00 PM) to 12th February, 2021 (02:00 PM)|
|NID DAT Prelims Admit Cards Availability||4th March, 2021 (04:00 PM)|
|NID DAT 2020 Exam Date (Prelims)||14th March, 2021|
|NID DAT Prelims Result||To be announced|
|NID DAT 2020 Mains Admit Cards Release||To be announced|
|NID DAT DAT 2020 Mains exam (Online Interaction)||To be announced|
|NID DAT 2020 Mains Result||To be announced|
|Counseling starts||To be announced|
NID DAT 2021 Admit Card:
The admit card for NID DAT 2021, NID Admit Card release date is released on the official website of NID by the authorities. The candidates will be able to access their admit card by visiting the official website. Note that, the admit card will be available for the eligible students only. The admit card is a mandatory document for the entrance exam. No candidates will be allowed to appear in the entrance exam without the admit card. The candidates are also advised to bring one of their photo ID proofs with them for the identity verification process. The candidates should also know that the admit card for prelims and the main exam will be released separately on their due date.
Steps to NID Admit card Download:
- Visit the official website of NID – admissions.nid.edu.
- Click on the link “NID Admit Card 2020”.
- Fill in the required details and click submit button.
- In case the candidate has forgotten their application no., click on “Click here to view your application”.
- Click on “submit” to see the application number on the download link.
- The NID 2021 Admit card will appear on the screen.
- Take a printout for future use
Important details regarding the NID 2021 Admit Card
- The NID 2021 Admit Card must be preserved carefully and it is necessary to present the admit card at the time of the exam and the examination venue.
- The NID 2021 Admit Card will comprise information such as candidate's name, roll number, exam centre, exam date, timing, etc.
- It is important for all candidates to verify the details mentioned on the NID 2021 Admit Card and any wrong information or discrepancy should be reported to the concerned authorities of NID 2021 and the inconsistency should be removed.
- All candidates must carry the NID 2021 admit card to the exam hall without fail. Without the NID 2021 Admit Card, candidates won't be allowed to write the NID 2021 Exam.
- Tampering the NID admit card is not allowed. If a admit card is found to have tampered, the candidate to whom the admit card belongs will be debarred from writing the NID 2021 exam.
- In case a candidate is not able to download the admit card, he/she can contact the office of NID examinations prior to the exam.
NID 2021 Admit Card Contains:
- Exam centre
- Exam date
- Candidate’s name
- Father name
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
Note: It is mandatory to bring admit card while appearing in the examination otherwise one cannot enter the exam centres.
Details to Cross-Check in the NID 2021 Admit Card
After taking the printout of Online Test Admission Ticket of NID 2021 the candidates are cautioned to check the below-mentioned details:
- NID 2021 Test Admission Ticket number (TAT number).
- Registered Candidate’s Name as mentioned in the application form of NID 2021.
- Registered Candidate’s address and contact details as mentioned in the NID 2021 application form.
- Registered Candidate’s photo as uploaded in the application form of NID 2021.
- Details about the Test centre that is where the candidate has to write the NID 2021 Examination.
- Test Date and Timings of the NID 2021 Examination.
- ID Proof Details of the Registered Candidate.
NID DAT 2021 Syllabus:
The syllabus for this NID entrance exam is already prescribed by the conducting authority. Before attempting the exam, candidates should know about Syllabus and NID 2021 Exam Pattern by which they will get a clear idea about all topics included in the exam. Students aspiring to follow design courses from NID should follow the below NID syllabus topics carefully. There is no fixed syllabus prescribed for the NID 2021 Exam. However, candidates can prepare for topics such as(shown in the table). The studio test will comprise of different sections in different formats like the hands-on practical assignment, group discussion, etc. This is held after the NID DAT (Prelims).
|B.Des Program||Outline for beginners, Colour Terminology, Inspiration & Design Development, Mood, theme & colour interrelationship, Design Theory, Elements & Principles Of Design, Natural & Geometrical Form, Innovation in Design, Principles of Composition, Lettering, Optical Illusion, Understanding Light & Shade, Form & Function, Colour, Pattern & Texture, Theme Development, Creative thinking & writing, Picture Analysis, Visual Logic, Good Design vs. Bad Design, Drawing Fundamentals, Use of Measurements, Scale & proportions, Foreshortening & Perspective, Developing Themes & Colour Associations, Inspiration & Creativity, Ornaments & motifs, Memory Drawing, Usage of colour in Compositions, Expression & Emotion, Exercises on imagination, Lateral Thinking, Story pictures, Presentation Techniques, Imagination & Doodling, 3D Visualization, Graphics & Pictograms, Innovation & Creation, Design Awareness, Developing Observation.|
|Studio Test||Model Making, Doodling, Meeting with past successful students, How to evolve ideas, Audio – Visual Exercises, Material Manipulation, Creative Thinking|
|M.Des||Outline for beginners, Colour Terminology, Inspiration & Design Development, Mood, theme & colour interrelationship, Design Theory, Elements & Principles Of Design, Natural & Geometrical Form, Innovation in Design, Principles of Composition, Lettering, Optical Illusion, Understanding Light & Shade, Colour Psychology & Optical Illusions, Form & Function, Colour, Pattern & Texture, Theme Development, Creative thinking & writing, Picture Analysis, Visual Logic, Good Design vs. Bad Design, Drawing Fundamentals, Use of Measurements, Scale & proportions, Optical Illusion, Foreshortening & Perspective, Developing Themes & Colour Associations, Inspiration & Creativity, Ornaments & motifs, Memory Drawing, Usage of colour in Compositions, Expression & Emotion, Exercises on imagination, Lateral Thinking, Story pictures, Presentation Techniques, Imagination & Doodling, 3D Visualisation, Graphics & Pictograms, Innovation & Creation, Design Awareness, Developing Observation|
P.hD. in Design
Candidates who want to pursue the P.hD. program from NID has to submit a proposal on the basis of the practice of designs and its significance. The Research proposal should be from the mentioned below fields:
- The vast area of study or common background or the context or literature review of the research.
- Its problem and scope.
- Its rationale for and its significance.
- The objectives and research questions of the study.
- The methodology/approach to be followed.
- The student's knowledge, skills, and work or research experience relevant to the subject.
- The potential contribution of the research work to knowledge and understanding of the relevant area.
- In the practice-based research, how the research objectives and how the practice relates to each other.
- The list of Bibliography or/and reference.
- The proposal should be free from Plagiarism as it will be verified by anti-plagiarism tools.
NID DAT 2021 Exam Pattern:
Candidates need to know every detail of the exam pattern before giving the exam. NID DAT 2021 is conducted in two exams, Prelims and Mains. Each category has a separate exam pattern. The duration of these exams is 3 hours each.
Prelims Exam Pattern
NID DAT Prelims consists of two parts, candidates can go through the table below to know the exam pattern in detail.
|Medium of Entrance exam||English|
|Types of Question||subjective and objective|
|Parts||Pattern||No.of Question||Marks per Question||Total Marks Allotted|
|Part I||Objective type Questions||1 - 22||
Questions( 1 to 14) - 1 mark
Questions (15 to 22) - 2 marks
|Part II||Subjective Type Questions||23-26||
Question (23) - 15 marks
Question (24) - 20 marks
Question (25) - 15 marks
Question (26) - 20 marks
Main Exam Pattern:
NID DAT 2020 mains is conducted in various formats. It includes sketching, drawing as well as hands-on model making.
|Medium of language||English|
NID DAT 2021 Cut Off:
The cut off for NID DAT 2021 will be released by the authorities soon after the release of the result. The cut off will be released separately for prelims and the main exam as the admit cards. Only those candidates who will qualify the exams as per the cut off decided. The qualified students have to appear for the Studio test as well as Personal Interview.
NID Cut-Off Relaxation for Reserved Candidates:
|Relaxation||10% Less than the Cutoff score of General Category||20% Less than the Cutoff score of General Category||20% Less than the Cutoff score of General Category||30% Less than the Cutoff score of General Category|
NID previous year B.Des Cut Off
The following table mentions the minimum mark required by candidates of different categories to get admission in one of the NID.
NID previous year M.Des Cut off:
Candidates may take a look at the previous year cut off for M.Des which was released by NID. The cut-off for various specializations in the M.Des program is mentioned below:
|Category||General||General PH||OBC-NCL||OBC-NCL PH||SC|
|Animation Film Design||59.85||No Applicant||53.65||25.3||53.85|
|Apparel Design||50.8||27.2||46.8||No Applicant||42.25|
|Ceramic & Glass Design||48.85||No Applicant||18.2||No Applicant||45.15|
|Design for Retail Experience||55.25||27.2||52.3||No Applicant||46.2|
|Digital Game Design||48.7||No Applicant||35.85||No Applicant||44.05|
|Film & Video Communication||54.8||No Applicant||47.6||No Applicant||50.3|
|Furniture Design||58.45||57.45||50.3||No Applicant||45.4|
|Information Design||59.15||35.05||47.15||No Applicant||46.5|
|Lifestyle Accessory Design||55.45||45.15||46.8||No Applicant||41.35|
|New Media Design||58.7||No Applicant||34.6||No Applicant||46|
|Photography Design||52.6||No Applicant||40.35||24.95||45.7|
|Product Design||64.9||38.6||59.15||No Applicant||58.1|
|Strategic Design Management||60.7||No Applicant||52.45||No Applicant||52.7|
|Textile Design||53.05||34.2||43.5||No Applicant||42.1|
|Toy & Game Design||48.6||No Applicant||45.3||No Applicant||30.25|
|Transportation & Automobile Design||61.35||No Applicant||56.75||No Applicant||56.3|
|Universal Design||58.5||40.1||49.85||No Applicant||44.65|
NID DAT 2021 Application Form:
The Application form for NID DAT 2021 will be available online. The candidates interested to apply for the exam can log in to the official website to get the application form. The candidates have to first register themselves for the exam and then fill up the application form along with uploading the required documents. The documents should be in JPG/JPEG format and should not exceed 100kb in size. After the uploading of the documents, the candidate has to make the payment of the required amount for the entrance exam.
NID 2021 Application Process
The candidates need to follow the steps given below to fill the NID DAT 2021 Application Form:
Step 1: Registration
- Go to the official website of NID DAT and click on "Register"
- Provide valid mobile no., email ID, Date of birth, etc. while registration.
- After successful registration, the login credentials will be sent to your registered email address.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
- Log in to your account by providing id and password and fill all the required details.
- After providing all the details, click ‘Save & Proceed’
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload a scanned passport size photograph and signature as per the instructions provided.
- Upload your valid Caste/PwD certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Click ‘Save & Proceed'
Photograph and Signature Specifications:
|Photograph||JPEG Format (50 - 100 KB)|
|Signature||JPEG Format (50 - 100 KB, Blue/Black pen in white paper)|
|Certificate||JPEG Format (Less than 150 KB)|
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
NID DAT 2020 application fee can be paid through both online and offline mode.
Offline Mode: The offline payment can be done via Demand draft in favour of “All India Management Association” payable at New Delhi.
To complete the NID 2021 Application Process, the candidates must send the demand draft and a printout of your application form in a single envelope to the following address:
The Project Manager–CMS
All India Management Association
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 003
Online Mode: The online application fees can be paid via. Credit card/ debit card. The application fee for different courses, category-wise is as follows:
B.Des and GDPD (INR)
M.Des (1 Discipline) (INR)
M.Des (2 Discipline) (INR)
OBC NCL PWD
NID 2020 Application Process for Foreign Nationals
Overseas candidates can apply for NID 2020 and will have to appear for the subsequent stages of selection (Studio Test and Personal Interview) at NID Ahmedabad Campus. The candidates would need to submit the following documents at the time of registration:
- Attested copy of pages of the passport containing candidates’ details.
- For B.Des. program – The candidates need to submit attested copies of their SSC, HSC mark sheets. For SSC appearing candidates, it is important to present a bonafide certificate.
- For M.Des. program – The candidates need to submit attested copies of their SSC, HSC, mark sheets and graduation certificate
- An equivalence certificate must be obtained from the Association of Indian University (AIU), New Delhi.
NID DAT 2020 Exam Centers:
- New Delhi
NID DAT 2021 Counselling:
The Counselling session for NID DAT will be followed by the result declaration and shortlisting of the candidates. The eligible candidates will be intimated for the counselling session by the exam conducting authorities. The candidates will be called for the session as per the final merit list prepared by the authorities as per their performance in the entrance exam and the cut-off mark. The candidates are also required to bring their original documents to the session for the document verification process.
- The shortlisted candidate from the Design Aptitude Test (DAT) will have to appear for Studio Test and Personal Interview.
- The studio test and interviews will be held after the results. A final merit list is prepared on the basis of candidates’ performance in all the above-mentioned stages.
- In case it is required and approved by the admission committee of NID, there will be a second merit list depending on the seats left from the first merit list. It will include the waitlisted candidates also. Check NID 2019 Merit List
In order to complete the NID 2020 Counselling Process and the admission process, the selected candidates will be required to attend the counselling session in-person at the selected NID Campus. Candidates will have to produce original documents and pay the admission fees in order to confirm admission.
NID 2021 Merit List
NID 2021 Merit list would be declared after the declaration of final results. The candidate’s performance in all three stages will be taken into consideration while preparing the final merit list. The weightage of marks in each stage obtained by the candidate will be evaluated by the Institute itself. No application or request for revaluation of the result will be entertained by the institute. The decision by the institute will be considered final. Weightage for preparation of final merit list is indicated below.
|Program||Design Aptitude Test||Studio Test||Interview|
|M.Des (All Program)||20%||50%||30%|
Candidates can see the final merit list for Bachelor of Design programme on the website: http://admissions.nid.edu. The list is prepared category wise and will be based on the weightage marks of the selected candidates in the three stages. Similarly, for each discipline of the Master of Design programme, candidates can see the final merit list on the official website. The list is prepared category wise and will be based on the weightage marks of the selected candidates in all three stages taken together.
Counselling Process for NID 2021 Admission:
The NID 2021 counselling process primarily involves three steps:
- Online Consent by Qualified Candidates
- Uploading of Documents Online by Candidates
- The Provisional Offer of Admission
Online Consent by Qualified Candidates
- The successful candidates whose name appears in the rank list would be allotted seats provisionally after the online verification of documents.
- The qualified candidates are required to submit their consent ONLINE only, to be eligible for the next stage of the admission process.
- Based on the online consent submitted by the qualified candidates, the Merit List will be updated regularly.
- The candidates should regularly visit the official admission website for the latest updates and submit their consent before the closing date.
- In case the candidate does not submit the consent online within the given deadline, he/she will be debarred from taking any further part in the admission procedure of NID.
- Only those candidates who have qualified according to the rank list and have also submitted their consent online within the stipulated time frame will be considered in the first merit list for B.Des & M.Des programs (all disciplines).
- The first merit list will be prepared based on the online consent submitted by qualified candidates.
Uploading of Documents Online by Candidates
The candidates, who have qualified as per the first Merit List, would be required to upload the scanned copies of the requisite documents for the purpose of verification. All the relevant documents have to be issued in the name of the candidate. The scanned copies of the original documents should be in JPEG format only.
- The uploaded documents are verified against the information provided in the NID Application Form and any discrepancy would lead to cancellation of candidature.
- NID will offer provisional admission only to those candidates who are found eligible during the verification process of relevant documents uploaded by the candidate.
- The last date for uploading the scanned copies of the relevant original documents for verification will be announced by the authority.
- It is mandatory for the successful candidates to upload the scanned copies of the relevant documents otherwise they will be debarred from taking part any further in the admission process.
List of relevant documents for which the scanned copies have to be uploaded by the qualified candidates for B.Des. and M.Des. programs (for all categories) are indicated below:
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- Birth Certificate
- Degree (Graduation/Diploma) Marksheet (for admission to M. Des.)
In addition to the above, the OBC-NCL/SC/ST category candidates have to submit valid category certificates which should be issued by appropriate competent authorities, in the prescribed format available on the official admissions website. (OBC-(NCL) certificates which are issued AFTER 31 March 2020 will be considered valid only. Candidates who have applied under PH category have to provide a valid Disability Certificate issued by the appropriate competent authority. The format of the same is provided on the admissions website.
For Overseas category candidates (both B.Des. or M.Des programmes): They have to upload the scanned copies of the first and last pages of Passport and of equivalence certificate, apart from submitting above mentioned documents. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to procure the relevant visa to study at NID for these programs and ensure the validity of their passport and visa.
In case of Results Awaited of Qualifying Exam:
Candidates whose Class 12 results (for B. Des.) and Graduation results are awaited (for M. Des.) need to procure and upload a bonafide certificate from the Principal of their School/College in the format available at the admissions website.
- Candidates whose results are awaited and fail to upload their bonafide certificate in the prescribed format will have their candidature forfeited.
- Also, it is necessary for the candidates to pass their qualifying exam, produce the original mark sheet of qualifying exam (class 12 for B. Des. and Graduation for M. Des.), and submit a self-attested copy on or before August 31, 2019. In case the candidates fail to do so, their admission to the course is summarily liable to be rejected.
- The date of birth of the candidate as recorded in their Birth Certificate or High School (10th std. / 12th Std.) / first Board / Pre-University Certificate will be considered for the purpose of age verification.
Provisional Offer of Admission
The next step after the verification of the uploaded documents is Provisional Offer of Admission which includes details of fees to be paid. This would be sent to the candidate via email. The following documents will be attached with the email:
- Rules and Regulations
- Format of Physical Fitness Certificate (to be certified by an RMO)
- Format of Undertaking to be submitted by the candidate (only in case if the result of 12th Standard or final year Bachelor programme is not declared).
- Hostel Rules and Regulations and Hostel Application Form (for candidates of M. Des. at Gandhinagar campus, and candidates of B.Des. at Ahmedabad campus)
Candidates have to fill in all the required details along with the candidate’s and parent's/guardian’s signature on printed copies of all documents before proceeding to the payment of fees. After this entire process, the seat allocation will be confirmed to the candidate.
Documents To Be Submitted During NID 2020 Admission
- The next step in the process is to print the “Acceptance of Admission Form”, fill the checklist of relevant documents, paste a recent passport photograph and attach the Demand Draft & duly signed copies of ALL documents in the below-mentioned sequence:
- Acceptance of Admission Form, signed by the candidate.
- Demand Draft in favour of “National Institute of Design”
- One set of self-attested copies of ALL documents submitted online
- Rules and Regulations, signed by candidate and parent/guardian
- Physical Fitness Certificate, certified by an RMO, in the format provided by NID
- Undertaking by the candidate only in case if the result of 12th Standard or final year Bachelor programme is not declared, in the format provided by NID
- Copy of Medical insurance in the name of the candidate.
- Hostel Rules and Regulations
- Hostel Application Form
- Four (4) copies of recent passport photographs not more than 3 months old [with roll number written on the back side]
- Candidates need not send the above documents by post or by hand. These documents are required to be submitted after the physical verification of original documents at respective campuses.
Physical Verification of Original Documents
The candidates should attend the Physical Verification procedure in person, at the respective campus for verification of original documents, and submission of the relevant documents as per the schedule notified by the admission committee
Candidates who fail to report personally on the specified date or with incomplete/missing/false documents would be summarily rejected and their admission offer will be withdrawn.
|NID Bangalore||NID Ahemadabad||NID Gandhinagar|
|Design for Retail Experience||Animation Film Design||Apparel Design|
|Digital Game Design||Ceramic & Glass Design||Lifestyle Accessory Design|
|Information Design||Film & Video Communication||Strategic Design Management|
|Interaction Design||Furniture Design||New Media Design|
|Universal Design||Graphic Design||Photography Design|
|Product Design||Toy & Game Design|
|Textile Design||Transportation & Automobile Design|
Seats for NID 2020 Based on Courses and Participating Institutes
Bachelor of Design (B.Des.)
|Course||NID Campus||No.of seats|
|Animation Film Design||NID Ahmedabad||15|
|Exhibition Design||NID Ahmedabad||10|
|Film & Video Communication||NID Ahmedabad||10|
|Graphic Design||NID Ahmedabad||15|
|Ceramic & Glass Design||NID Ahmedabad||10|
|Furniture & Interior Design||NID Ahmedabad||10|
|Product Design||NID Ahmedabad||15|
|Textile Design||NID Ahmedabad||15|
Master of Design (M.Des)
|Course||NID Campus||No.of Seats|
|Animation Film Design||NID Ahmedabad||15|
|Film & Video Communication||NID Ahmedabad||15|
|Graphic Design||NID Ahmedabad||15|
|Photography Design||NID Gandhinagar||15|
|Ceramic & Glass Design||NID Ahmedabad||10|
|Furniture & Interior Design||NID Ahmedabad||15|
|Product Design||NID Ahmedabad||15|
|Toy & Game Design||NID Gandhinagar||10|
|Transportation & Automobile Design||NID Gandhinagar||15|
|Universal Design||NID Bengaluru||15|
|Digital Game Design||NID Bengaluru||15|
|Information Design||NID Bengaluru||15|
|Interaction Design||NID Bengaluru||15|
|New Media Design||NID Gandhinagar||15|
|Design for Retail Experience||NID Bengaluru||15|
|Strategic Design Management||NID Gandhinagar||15|
|Apparel Design||NID Gandhinagar||15|
|Lifestyle Accessory Design||NID Gandhinagar||15|
|Textile Design||NID Ahemadabad||15|
NID DAT 2021 Result:
The Result for NID DAT 2021 will be released by the authorities on the due date. However, the results will be declared separately at different times for prelims & main exams. The result of the exams will be followed by the provisional & final answer keys. The NID 2021 merit list generated will be on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in all 3 tests, that is DAT, studio test, and personal interview.
Steps to Check NID DAT
- Go to the official website of NID DAT
- Click on "NID DAT 2021 Result"
- Provide your email id and password
- Click on "Submit"
- The result will appear on the screen
- Download and take a print out for future use
NID Shortlisting Criteria:
NID provides admission through marks secured in NID DAT Prelims and Mains exams. For the year 2021, the weightage of shortlisting has been changed. This time weightage of the NID DAT Mains exam has been reduced.
|NID DAT Prelims exam||70%|
|NID DAT Mains exam||30% (online interaction)|
NID DAT Merit List:
The merit list of NID DAT 2021 prelims and mains exams are published separately. Those candidates who are in the merit list of the Prelims exam, need to appear studio test and Interview round as per the schedule. The final merit is prepared based on the marks secured in all the sections. The merit list prepared is category wise i.e. for Open, General-EWS, OBC, SC, ST, and PwD category candidates. A separate merit list is prepared for candidates overseas. The final merit list is prepared according to the percentile score.
NID DAT 2021 Tie-Break Criteria:
If 2 or more candidates get the same score in the NID DAT 2021 Mains exam, the tie-break will be done according to the following criteria:
- Higher rank to the candidate who scored more marks in Prelims exam
- If the tie still persists, higher rank will be given to the candidate who secured higher marks in NID DAT Part II Prelims exam
- If the tie still persists, higher rank will be given to the candidate who secured higher marks in question number 25, 26, 27 in NID DAT Part II Prelims exam
- If the tie still persists, higher rank will be given to the candidate who secured higher marks in question number 25 in NID DAT Part II Prelims exam
NID DAT 2021 Answer Key:
The Answer key for NID DAT 2021 will be released soon after the release of the result for the prelims. The Provisional answer key will be released first giving the chance to the candidates to object against the provisional answer key. The final answer key for the exam will be released by the authorities after considering the appeals.
Steps to Download Answer key:
Steps to Challenge the Answer key:
After the answer key is released, candidates have the option to challenge any answer they do not find relevant. They have to pay Rs. 1000 for each question they challenge and the money will be refunded if their challenge is correct. A candidate can challenge a maximum of up to 3 questions.
- Go to the official website of NID DAT
- Open the answer key
- Click on "Click to Challenge the Answer Key"
- Choose your question/answer to challenge
- Click on "Save your claims"
- Upload the required documents for proof
- Pay the fee (Rs 1000/- per question)
Re-Checking NID DAT 2020 Prelims Exam Answer Key:
1. NID DAT prelims answer key re-checking can only be done in online mode, which has the following restrictions:
- Whether all answers have been marked
- Whether there has been any mistake in totalling the marks
2. No other opportunity for re-checking will be provided.
3. Upon re-checking, if any error is found, it will be revised accordingly
4. Re-checking request will not be accepted through e-mail. Candidate has to do through the official website only.
5. The fee to re-check NID DAT Prelims paper is Rs 2000/- Each.
NID DAT 2021 Eligibility:
Before applying to NID, candidates should carefully check NID 2021 eligibility criteria. NID 2021 eligibility for candidates belonging to different categories is different. To be eligible to write a NID exam 20201 one has to satisfy those conditions. NID 2021 eligibility varies for courses like B.Des/GDPD, M.Des, and Ph.D. There will be age limits for candidates applying for B.Des and M.Des programs. But there is no upper or lower age limit for the aspirants looking for admission in the Ph.D. program.
NID 2021 Eligibility Criteria for B.Des:
- Age limit: The maximum age limit for the candidates to appear for the NID 2020 exam is 20 years as on 30 June 2021 ( 23 years for OBC-NCL, SC, ST) to satisfy the eligibility criteria for NID.
- Reserved Category: However for reserved category candidates, the age limit is different. There will be a relaxation of three years for OBC, SC and ST candidates. Physically Handicapped (PwD) can appear for NID 2020 until the age of 25.
- Education Qualification: Candidates must have passed the 12th examination or those appearing in 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board to satisfy the eligibility criteria for NID 2021.
- Graduating Candidates: Candidates who are graduating (10+2) are also eligible to appear for NID 2021. However, candidates need to submit the relevant documents during the time of admission.
NID 2020 Eligibility Criteria for M.Des:
- Age limit: The maximum age limit is 30 years of age for candidates to satisfy the eligibility criteria for NID. However, the reserved category has a different age limit. Three years of relaxation is allowed for OBC, SC, and ST, whereas, PwD candidates can attempt until the age of 35.
- Education Qualification: Candidates should have cleared the bachelor's degree(10+2+3 years or 10+2+4 years) to satisfy the eligibility criteria for NID. Those appearing in a bachelor's degree in any discipline from any institution or university recognized by law in India are also eligible to apply for NID 2021.
NID 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Overseas Category candidates:
- Overseas Candidates: Foreign students who are holding a citizenship from other countries are eligible to apply under the Overseas category.
- Total no of seats: Out of the total 100 seats in the Undergraduate B.Des program, 15 seats are reserved for Overseas category students.
NID 2021 Reservation based on Category:
NID DAT 2021 FAQ's:
Q: What is the maximum age limit for GDPD?
A: For GDPD, the candidate must not be more than 20 years.
Q: I have applied for the exam in online mode. Can I appear in the exam in online mode as well?
A: No. The entrance will be conducted in offline Mode (PBT) only.
Q: Who is the conducting body for NID DAT?
A: National Institute of Design is the conducting body for NID DAT.
Q: What is the type of questions in NID DAT?
A: The questions in NID DAT will come in both objective and subjective format.
Q: What is the duration of the exam?
A: The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
Q: What are the parameters for evaluation in NID DAT?
A: The parameters for evaluation in NID DAT are Creativity, Comprehension, Knowledge, Analysis, and Visualization.
Q: What is the educational qualifications for B. Des course?
A: For B. Des course, the candidate must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent education from a recognised university. Those who're appearing for their final exam are also eligible for the exam.
Q: How many papers are there in NID DAT?
A: There are 2 papers that are Prelim and Main in NID DAT.
Q: What are the other rounds in NID DAT?
A: Studio Test and Interview are the other rounds in main exam.
Q: What are the best books for NID DAT?
A: Here is the list for best books-
- Design drawing by Francis D.K.Ching
- Basic Rendering from Robert W.Gill
- Success Master- NID entrance Examination
- Guide for NID
- NID (B.Des.) Entrance Books and Test Series
Q: Is there any reservation criteria for SC/ST?
A: Yes, there is 15% reservation in number of seats for SC/ST.
Q: What is the limit for number of attempts?
A: There is no limit on number of attempts provided candidates fulfill the age limit criteria.
Q: What are the documents required at the time of applying?
A: The required documents are-
- 10th marksheet
- 12th marksheet
- Birth certificate
- Graduation degree for admission to M.Des.
Q: Which colleges accepts the NID DAT test score?
A: The NID DAT score is accepted by the 7 NID campuses that are NID Ahmedabad, NID Vijayawada, NID Bhopal, NID Gandhinagar, NID Bengaluru, NID Jorhat & NID Kurukshetra.