As the world is getting more into the technical sector, MBA in Information Technology Management is gradually gathering more and more demand among all. This course is designed to educate the students and develop them as managers who can effectively manage the planning, design, implementation, selection, use, and administration of emerging information technologies.
MBA in Information Technology is new and is a very popular specialization among Indian IT professionals. The developing countries like India have tremendous scopes in this field, because of the expanded use of Information Technology, the business sector along with the technical sector profit has seen exponential growth. With a career in MBA in Information Technology will give your career a new height. This course develops the skills which you need to develop business competitiveness and it makes you understand how to interact effectively with executive management as a strategic business partner. After completion of this course, you will get a complete knowledge of how data moves within companies, and into the world.
- With a degree of MBA in Information Technology and a good set of skills and knowledge, you can get top-notch management jobs in blue-chip companies.
- This course will make you understand the job responsibilities of any IT project. It also gives you the knowledge of proper scenarios related to the project like scope, time, and budget.
- This course will increase the net worth of a student if he/she acquires a good grip on technical fields.
The MBA in Information Technology syllabus comprises the following topics.
|E-Business||IT Strategic Planning||IT Outsourcing Strategy and Operations|
|Enterprise Business Applications of IT||IT Consulting and Advisory Practice||IT Project Management|
|Technology-Enabled Business Model Innovation||Technology Entrepreneurship||Emerging Platforms and Services|
Skills Required for MBA in IT:
This course is a raw combination of both management and technical skills. An MBA in IT can be a cherry on the ice cream for technical personals as he/she will be expected to manage the coordination between all the technical requirements and to introduce various new plans that will lead your company in the path of the anticipated growth. This personnel is also responsible for data security practices and cybersecurity.
An MBA in IT degree will feed you with all the needed skills to manage both IT systems and employees along with the traditional business knowledge which is elementary for all MBA degrees.
One must carry the following skillsets if he/she is willing to make a career path in this field of MBA in Information Technology.
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of IT
- Adaptability to change
- Problem-solving skills
- Global orientation
- Strategic thinking
Top Colleges Offering MBA in Information Technology:-
|BIMS Kolkata||CGC Landran|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management||KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research|
|Lloyd Busines School||Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology|
|ASM Group of Institutions||Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai|
Career options after Completion of MBA in IT:
After completing the course successfully students can opt for any of the following job profiles. Though there are a lot more options in the market, here we are presenting the top profiles below:
|Project Manager||Cross-Platform Communications||Strategy and Planning|
|Business Development Manager||Information System Manager||Product and Corporate Marketing|
Here are the front line recruiters that hire MBA in IT students:
- F5 Networks
- Apple and many more.
If you are very good at programming with some witty technical skills and have a good comprehensive knowledge of the business domain, then an MBA in IT can be the best choice for your career path. Then you can develop Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions for the development of a current business, you can also handle sales and marketing, accounts. You will also learn project management, HR functions along with all other business processes. You can also join the sector of e-commerce and also look after the outsourcing aspects of businesses that have witnessed tremendous growth in the past decade.
In this high-tech world of today, MBA IT stands as the gateway of several opportunities for you as:
- Sales or ERP Consultant: A person in this field will be dealing with customizing ERP solutions just like SAP, in order to reach the requirements of a client.
- Business Analyst: This is the job profile, where you can interact between customer requirements and handle than the required document properly.
- Project Manager: Project managers are the persons, who are directly involved with the project implementation, right from the beginning, planning, and estimation to the resource management.
- Pre-Sales or Business Development Manager: In this job profile, you will prepare presentations for clients. Your job will be basically, to translate technical innovations of the company in terms understandable by laymen.
- QA Manager: In this profile, a QA manager is responsible for assessing and controlling the quality of the software solutions which are being provided to the clients.
- Functional or Process Consultant: The job of the Functional or Process consultants is to configure or re-configure the processes and carry out the verticals to complete efficient operations within a company.
Management professionals with technical skills are getting tremendous demand in all fields. Your passing university and your knowledge play vital roles while deciding your salary. At the starting stage of a student or as a fresher the salary will be around 5 lakhs per annum but with an experience of five to ten years, the salary range can touch a height of 20 lakhs per annum.