IIT Delhi has added 7 new Exam Cities for JEE Advanced 2020. The final count of exam cities for JEE Advanced 2020 is now 222. The authorities have also allowed candidates the facility to change their Exam City through the registration portal till 17th September (Till 5 PM). The registration for JEE Advanced 2020 is also open till 17th September (Till 5 PM).
JEE Advanced is the exclusive computer-based entrance test for admissions to the 23 Indian Institutes of Technology also called IITs that are offering around 10,988 seats to the eligible candidates and usually conducted by seven different Indian IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) on a rotational basis. Apart from IIT colleges, nine other premier institutes offer admissions based on JEE Advanced scores, like IISC Bangalore, IISER Bhopal, IISER Kolkata, IISER Mohali, IISER Thiruvananthapuram, IISER Pune, IIST Thiruvananthapuram, RGIPT Rae Bareli, and IIPE Visakhapatnam.
JEE Advanced 2020 Schedule:
Considering the safety of students amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the JEE Advanced 2020 exam has been rescheduled for September 27, 2020. Because of the partial cancellation of several 12thclass board examinations, the percentage criteria for a candidate to have at least 75% marks in board or be in the top 20 percentile of the class 12 exams, has been dropped by IITs for admissions this year. On 17 July 2020, the HRD ministry announced the relaxation in JEE Advanced Eligibility criteria through a tweet.
The tabulation below is the important dates for JEE Advanced 2020. The tentative dates will be updated when the official notifications are released.
||12 Sept 2020
|Last date of the application form
||17 Sept 2020
|Release of JEE Advance 2020 Admit Card
||21-27 Sept 2020
|JEE Advance 2020 Exam Date
||27 Sep 2020
|JEE Advance 2020 Exam Timing
Session 1: 9 AM to 12 PM
Session 2: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
|Final Answer Key
||4th October 2020
Click Here: Latest updates about JEE Advance Exam
Click Here: JEE Advanced 2020 Important Dates
In the case of PwD students, they will be allowed an additional one-hour compensation.
JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card:
The Admit card for JEE Advanced 2020 is expected to be released by IIT Roorkee in the 2nd week of May. The students can download the admit card by logging in to the official website of JEE Advanced 2020 with their login credentials such as registration no, DOB, Mob. No, Email ID. It is advised to the candidates to check the admit card thoroughly for personal details. In case of any mistakes, they should let the conducting authorities know immediately.
How to get JEE Advanced Admit Card 2020 online?
- Go to the official website of JEE Advanced 2020
- Click on the Admit Link
- Enter your personal details, registration no, DOB, mob. no. and email ID
- The admit card will be shown on the screen
- Download the admit card for future use.
JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus:
The syllabus of JEE Advanced 2020 is declared by the exam conducting body/examination authority every year. More or less, as per the official notification, JEE Advanced 2020 syllabus seems to have been kept the same as that of the previous year. Basically, the syllabus is arranged according to the format of NCERT and is almost similar to the Mains Syllabus (with a slight difference in the weightage for different topics). Students appearing for the exam can plan and schedule their preparation strategy by referring NCERT textbooks of class 11 and 12 for the exam syllabus.
Mentioned below are the four specified subjects come under JEE advanced syllabus that students can have a glance at while preparing for the exam:
JEE Advanced Physics Syllabus:
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
JEE Advanced Chemistry Syllabus
- Gaseous and Liquid States
- Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Kinetics
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- Nuclear Chemistry
JEE Advanced Maths Syllabus
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
JEE Advanced AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test) Syllabus
- Freehand Drawing
- Geometrical Drawing
- Three Dimensional Perception
- Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity
- Architectural Awareness
Candidates and students can check the subject-wise syllabus of JEE Advanced for 2020 from the links given below:
Click Here: Detailed JEE Advanced Syllabus of Physics
Click Here: Detailed JEE Advanced Syllabus of Chemistry
Click Here: Detailed JEE Advanced Syllabus of Maths
Click Here: Detailed JEE Advanced Syllabus of AAT
|General (Economically Weaker Section)
|OBC (non-creamy layer)
|PwD (with 40% impairment)
|Defense service candidates
||20% of all seats
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Pattern:
The examination pattern of JEE Advanced is different from the JEE Mains exam where apart from single correct multiple-choice questions other different types of questions such as numerical based questions are asked. On the other hand, the questions asked in IIT JEE exams are mostly based on the concepts discussed in class 11 and 12 Maths, Physics and Chemistry syllabus.
Candidates can find types of questions that are asked in the exam, marking scheme and much more with JEE Advanced 2020 exam pattern below:
- The JEE Advanced exam is an online test that is computer-based and is conducted in two sessions.
- The exam will consist of 2 papers as Paper 1 and Paper 2 of 3 hours duration each and the total marks allocated is 360 marks.
- Each question paper will consist of 3 separate sections- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The questions will be of 3 types: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), Numerical Aptitude Type, and Match the listing.
- The language of question papers will be in English and Hindi.
Mentioned below are the marking criteria that will be provided at the time of examination:
JEE Advanced Paper 1
- Section 1: Six MCQs (Multiple Choice Question) type questions carrying 4 marks each.
- Section 2: Eight Numerical Value type questions carrying 3 marks each.
- Section 3: Four Single Correct multiple choice questions carrying 3 marks each.
JEE Advanced Paper 2
- Section 1: SixMCQs (Multiple Choice Question) type questions carrying 4 marks each.
- Section 2: Eight Numerical Value type questions carrying 3 marks each.
- Section 3: Four Matching list type questions carrying 3 marks each.
JEE Advanced 2020 Cut-Off:
The cut-off for JEE Advanced 2020 will act as the way to the IITs. The cut-off for the entrance exam is divided into two parts. The first cut-off is about qualifying the exam whereas the 2nd cut-off allows the candidate to proceed for admission. The first one helps the student to secure a spot on the rank list. The second cut-off allows the students to be more secure about their admissions.
Below is the Cut-Off of JEE Advanced 2019
||Minimum Percentage of Marks in Each Subject
||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate Marks
|Common rank list (CRL)
|GEN-EWS rank list
|OBC-NCL rank list
|SC rank list
|Common-PwD rank list
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list
|SC-PwD rank list
|ST-PwD rank list
For Mock test Paper 1, Click Here
For Mock Test Paper 2, Click Here
JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form
Steps to Apply1. Registration
- Go to the official website of JEE Advanced
- Click on "Registration"
- Credentials such as JEE Main 2020 roll number, password, and security pin will be required to login
- Fill the required details.
2. Uploading Documents
Candidates will be required to upload the following documents in the required format as stated by the conducting body.
- Class X certificate or Birth Certificate
- Class XII certificate
- Category certificate( For ST/SC/OBC-NCL candidates)
- PwD Certificate ( For candidate opted for PwD category)
- Scribe Request Letter ( only who has requested for scribe)
- DS Certificate ( For who have opted yes in this category)
- PIO Card ( For PIO nationality)
3. Application Fees
The fee is paid through online (debit card & net banking) or offline (SBI Challan) mode. The application fee is non-refundable or non-transferable.
Registration Fee for Exam Centres in India:
Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)
|Female Candidates (all categories)
|SC/ST/ PwD Candidates
|All Other Candidates
||All Other Candidates
|Candidates from SAARC countries
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries
JEE Advanced 2020 Counseling:
The counseling of JEE Advanced 2020 will be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). Those students who have passed the exam with a specific rank will have to choose their college and course. However, the seats will be allotted as per the rank and availability.
The following documents are required in the counseling process. Documents are required both in original and photocopies as per the selection criteria.
- Three passport size photographs identical to the one uploaded during JEE (Main) 2019 registration
- Class XII performance check [format given in Annexure 7(b) of JoSAA Business rules]
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Undertaking by the candidate [format given in Annexure 9 of JoSAA Business rules]
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment by online net banking of State Bank of India (SBI), debit cards issued ONLY by SBI and E-Challan by SBI [For SC/ST/PwD: Rs. 15,000/- & For others: Rs. 35,000/-]
- Photo identity card [issued by govt. agency/last attended school/Class XII admit card]
- Admit card of JEE (Main)
- Scorecard of JEE (Main)
- Date of birth proof [Class X mark sheet]
- Class XII (or equivalent) board mark sheet. If available, pass the certificate
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate
- Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD), if applicable. The certificate will be rejected if the disability is less than 40%.
- OCI certificate or PIO card, if applicable
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment
JEE Advanced 2020 Result:
The result for JEE Advanced 2020 will be released on the official website of JEE Advanced tentatively in June 2020. The students will be able to log on to the website with the required login credentials and check their results as well as download them for future use.
Steps to Check the Result:
- Go to the official website of JEE Advanced
- Click on the Result Link
- Login using application number and password
- The scorecard is displayed on the screen
- Download and take a printout for further process
Here is a sample of a scorecard of the candidate in JEE Advanced 2019
JEE Advanced 2020 Answer Key:
The authorities of JEE Advanced 2020 will be releasing the answer key of the entrance on the official website in online mode. After the release of the answer key, the students will be able to evaluate the result and check their chances to secure a spot on the rank list or for the admission.
Here are the steps to download the Answer Key:
- Visit the official website of JEE Advanced 2020.
- Click on the link related to “JEE Advanced 2020 Answer Key”.
- The Answer key of all sets appears on the screen
JEE Advanced 2020 Eligibility:
In order to appear in JEE Advanced 2020, the candidate has to qualify all the required criteria for the exam settled by the exam conducting authorities. Before filling the form for JEE Advanced all the candidates should read the eligibility section to see if they are eligible or not. Those who will be unable to fulfill all the required criteria will get disqualified from attaining the exam.
Latest: No minimum percent in 12th or +2 is applicable. Candidates having any mark/percentage are eligible to apply.
- Age: Those who are born on or after 1st October of 1994 will be eligible to apply for the entrance exam.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized institution. Those are appearing the qualifying exam can also apply.
- JEE Main: Those candidates who have successfully passed the JEE Main 2019 are eligible for applying. However, there are two chances given to a student for two consecutive years.
- IIT Institutions: Those who’ve already admitted to IIT institution and discontinued their studies or not or those who have just accepted the seat by appearing for the final counseling, are not eligible to apply for JEE Advanced.
Trending Engineering Branches Which are Highest Paid
JEE Advanced 2020 FAQs:
Q: Can I give the exam in Hindi language?
A: Yes. The JEE Advanced 2020 will be conducted in 2 different languages, i.e. Hindi & English.
Q: What is the login credential to check my score?
A: The enroll. no of your exam is the login ID and the password will be as same as JEE Main.
Q: I’m about to appear my 10+2 final exam? Can I apply for the exam?
A: Yes. You can apply for JEE Advanced 2020 while appearing for your qualifying exam.
Q: Is there any other language option rather than English during the exam?
A: The medium of question papers is in English and Hindi languages. you can choose or switch between the preferred languages anytime during the examination.
Q: Who is the conducting body for JEE Advanced?
A: Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) conducts the JEE Advanced.
Q: I want to take the AAT exam, Is it necessary to qualify JEE Advanced?
A: Yes, It is necessary to qualify the JEE Advanced exam if you want to sit in AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test).
Q: If one can't download his/her admit card, then what step should be taken?
A: In this situation, the candidate is advised to approach the chairman of their Zonal coordinating IIT.
Q: Is it mandatory to choose the language of the question paper at the time of JEE Advance registration?
A: No, it is not mandatory because the choice of language will be shown at the starting of the computer-based test.
Q: Where do I do my rough work during the exam time?
A: A scribble pad will be given to every candidate at the start of the exam.
Q: What if I put some wrong answer during the exam?
A: If you will put the wrong answer to any questions then you can change it anytime during the exam.
Q: What is the age limit for JEE Advanced?
A: Those who are born on or after 1st October of 1994 will be eligible to apply for the entrance exam.
Q: How many times I can apply for JEE Advanced?
A: There are two chances given to a student for two consecutive years.
Q: I have admitted into an IIT institution, and I have to discontinue it for some reason. Am I able to apply again for JEE Advanced?
A: No, you can't apply for it.
Q: What is the registration fee for candidates from SAARC countries?
A: The registration fee for the candidates of SAARC countries is USD 160.
Q: Where can I find the answer key of JEE Advanced entrance exam?
A: You can find the answer key of JEE Advanced entrance from the official website of it i.e jeeadv.ac.in and download it from there.