A degree in pharmaceutical science focuses on the area of medications, such as their planning, dosage, effects, etc. The course concerns not only the planning of such documents but also the design and specifications of the manufacturing units in which the medicinal goods are produced and processed. It is an area of critical interest to society and has gained prominence in the recent years.
Read here: Pharmacy Career and Job Prospects in India
Eligibility criteria for getting a pharmaceutical degree
- Applicants must have passed their qualifying test (CBSE/ISC/State Board or equivalent) in the Science stream.
- Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics are also compulsory subjects for this course. It is offered in a variety of leading institutions across the world, such as Anna University, and admission is usually made on the basis of entrance exams.
- Upon satisfactory completion of these 8-semesters, 4-years programme, students will be eligible for employment in the pharmaceutical industry as well as higher education (ME/MTech) in the same sector.
Top colleges in India
Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- The University Department of Chemical Technology (popularly known as UDCT) of Bombay University (now Mumbai) has evolved to become a leading university committed to education, training, study and industrial cooperation in the fields of chemical engineering, chemical technology and appl.
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata offers a various master’s program in the field of Pharmaceutical science.
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
- MSU is the only residential, unitary university with English as the sole instruction medium with more than 1,200 well-qualified faculty members and 1,500 administrative staff to facilitate the learning of more than 35,000 cosmopolitan students on campus.
LM College of Pharmacy, Ahmedabad
- Lallubhai Motilal College of Pharmacy (LMCP) in Ahmedabad, is dedicated to providing young people in the country with the best in pharmacy class education to ensure that they have maximum awareness in the pharmaceutical field.
- Anna University has 13 constitutive colleges, 3 district colleges and 593 affiliated colleges. It offers undergraduate, postgraduate and academic programmes in a number of disciplines. Anna University entry to all courses is based on a state or national entrance test, namely TNEA, TANCET, and NATA.
Admission in pharmaceutical colleges
The screening process for the programme in Pharmaceutical Technology is carried out via the entrance examination. Anna University is one of the only universities in the country to offer this programme, and hence the TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission) examination, which is carried out yearly by the university itself is usually appropriate.
Read also: Top pharmacy Colleges : Fees, Admission, Ranking and many more 2021