On Independence Day and Republic Day, the patriotism within us holds no bar when we see our Tiranga chasing the wind. Our heart fills with pride when we see our brave soldiers who have sacrificed their youth, their lives to safeguard us. Many of us get fascinated by the smart uniforms of army, navy and air force officers. Many of us just wish that if they were the soldiers, they would have fought with the terrorists while they see soldiers receiving bravery awards on various occasions. But many of us don’t know how to make this dream of serving our nation come true. Also, many aspirants fail to convince their parents to choose defence as a career because usually, people think this career is full of hurdles, sleepless nights and life risk. This article is here for you to tell u that how to make a career in defence and what is the creamy side of this career. If you are very passionate to join defence and want to serve your nation then NDA is the right choice for you.
The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where the Army, the Navy and the Air Force cadets are trained together before they join their respective service academies. NDA is located at Khadakwasala in Maharashtra. It was inaugurated on 16/01/1955.
BRIEF ABOUT THE TRAINING PROGRAMMES AT NDA:
The Training period in NDA is of three years and split into six semesters. All the admitted candidates are classified according to Squadrons and Battalions. There are 18 Squadrons and 5 Battalions. During these three years, the cadets are given very intensive training to make them strong physically, mentally as well as in education. The trainees are also made involved in the activities such as drill, horse riding, swimming etc. Also, they are educated with all the subjects like science, Technology, Arts and Military Subjects. At the end of the course, the candidates are awarded a bachelor’s degree from Jawaharlal Nehru University. After the training, their career starts in Indian army as lieutenants. The navy candidates can be appointed as sub-lieutenants and those who are selected for air force may start their career as flying officers with a handsome salary.
STIPEND DURING TRAINING
The stipend offered to the candidate after getting selected in the interviews for NDA is approximately 21,000/-. So, we can say NDA is one of the highest paying jobs after 12th.
Career With Defence Services: Why NDA Is one of the best Defence Career options after 12th?
In every exam, academic excellence is given more importance whereas NDA candidates are selected on the basis of intelligence, courage, confidence and physical fitness. On the other hand, the NDA exam is comparatively easier than the entrance exams of IITs and ISERs.
Once you qualify all the rounds of the exam and join NDA training you secure a respectable job for you. You don’t have to search for jobs after passing from NDA. You will become A1 government gazette officer after your training in NDA is over.
NDA cadets are paid a good amount of salary along with this all facilities are provided by the government so what they earn that almost remains as saving. Apart from this they also get good stipend during the training period.
No Reservation Category:
For NDA there is no reservation category like other examinations. The candidates get selected only on the basis of knowledge, fitness, and passion to serve the nation.
Opportunity to Serve the Nation with High Dignity:
Every honest and sincere citizen serves the country through his work. But by joining NDA you can serve your country and protect it from harmful forces as a hero. Because the Indian army is considered among the best armies in the world. On the other hand, when a soldier martyrs, his body is covered with our national flag and utmost respect is given to him with a gun salute which is hardly given to the persons of other professions.
WHY IS IT TOUGH TO BE IN DEFENCE?
1. Defence guys work in very hard and painful conditions.
2. They also have tough physical training.
3. They have to stay away from their families for long.
4. There is heavy punishment for mistakes and undisciplined behaviour. So, they have to lead a very disciplined life.
5. They always have life risk.
HOW TO GET ADMISSION IN NDA?
After reading this much, the question about the admission process must have come to your mind. Here is the information about the admission process and entrance exam.
1. The Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and the interested candidates can apply online at the official website: http://www.upsconline.nic.in
2. This entrance test of NDA is held twice a year. i.e. NDA-I and NDA-II.
3. The first notification comes around September to October and the second notification releases from May to June.
4. The first entrance exam is conducted around March and April and the Second Test is conducted from August to September.
5. The candidates are recruited to the Indian army, Indian naval force, and Indian air force through entrance test of NDA.
6. The shortlisted candidates from the written exam are called on for various interviews.
7. The tests include physical, psychological and group tasks.
8. The candidates applying for the Air Force will have to appear for an extra test named aptitude battery test.
WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO JOIN NDA?
The candidate should be in between 16.5 to 19 years of age.
1. A candidate who wants to join the Army Wing should have passed 10+2 exam in any stream.
2. A candidate who wants to join Navy and Air Force should have passed 10+2 exam in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
3. Only male candidates (unmarried) are allowed to appear for the test.
WHAT IS THE EXAM PATTERN FOR NDA?
The entrance for National Defense Academy comprises of a Written Exam followed by an Intelligence and Personality Test. The written exam consists of two paper
Mathematics and General Ability Test.
|Paper||Subject Duration||Maximum Marks|
|I Mathematics||2.5 hours||300|
|II General Ability Test||2.5 hours||600|
The General Ability Test.
|Part B||General Knowledge||400|
1. All the papers are set in English and Hindi and consist of Objective (multiple choice answer) Type questions only.
2. The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
3. There is negative marking in this exam. For every incorrect response, 0.33 marks will be deducted.
4. Candidates are not permitted to use calculators in the exam.
5. The candidates have to face the SSB Interview After clearing the written test. The interview process will have a total of 900 marks.
WHAT IS SYLLABUS FOR NDA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION?
In Mathematics paper, questions are asked from the following topics:
Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions Algebra, Matrices and Determinants, Differential Calculus, Statistics and Probability, Integral Calculus and Differential Equations, Vector Algebra.
Part A: English
To check command of the candidate over the English language. It covers topics like vocabulary, Grammar, and usage, comprehension and cohesion
Part B: General Knowledge
The questions asked in this paper are from Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, and History. The other questions come from Geography and Current Affairs and Events.
WHICH ARE BEST BOOKS FOR NDA ENTRANCE EXAM PREPARATION?
1. NCERT 10th and 12th Mathematics and science books
2. NDA and Naval Academy By RS Aggarwal
3. General Knowledge & Current Affairs
4. NDA & NA Entrance Examination: Solved Papers
Read Here: Best books to prepare for NDA
Read Also: Tips to Crack CDS Exam 2019