There have been changes in the CLAT 2021 exam pattern for LLM course admissions that are updated by the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) have made changes.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak in the year 2020, the consortium decided to remove the minimum cutoff criteria along with the subjective section in the CLAT exam but again it has introduced the minimum cutoff marks as well as the descriptive section for the year 2021.
Faizan Mustafa the vice-chancellor of NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad quoted that, “Asking students to answer 200 questions in 1220 minutes is not apt as it puts students under a lot of mental stress as the idea is to get better students to national law universities who have competence in reading texts and demonstrate skills in inferential reasoning.”
So, the number of questions will be reduced from 200 to 120-150. The exam will remain off-line and for 2 hours. There will be comprehension based questions that will be asked from Quantitative techniques, English, Current Affairs, Deductive Reasoning, and Logical Reasoning.
CLAT 2021 entrance exam Pattern:
It is very much important for aspirants to understand the exam paper pattern to know how to prepare for CLAT 2021. To know the basic details of the CLAT 2021 exam pattern, check the table given below:
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen & Paper-based Test)|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Type of questions||UG: Multiple Type Questions (MCQs)
PG: Multiple Type Questions (MCQs) and subjective
|No. of questions||UG: 150
|Total Marks||UG: 150
|Marking Scheme||+1 for every right answer
-0.25 for every wrong answer
0 for every unattempted answer
Updated exam pattern for CLAT UG 2021
For the UG exam pattern of CLAT, the following are the changes that have been made for the year 2021:
- CLAT UG 2021 will have Comprehensive-based questions that will be asked from Quantitative Techniques, English Language, Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, and Deductive Reasoning.
- This entrance exam will have only 150 questions instead of 200 and totaling the marks of the exam to 150.
- The total time period of the exam is 2 hours.
As per the CLAT updated exam pattern for UG, the following sections are included:
- Quantitative Techniques
- English Language
- Current Affairs & General Knowledge
- Deductive/ Legal Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
Updated exam pattern for CLAT PG 2021
For the PG exam pattern of CLAT, the following changes have been made for the year 2021:
- CLAT PG 2021 exam will have 100 MCQs and 2 subjective type questions that have to be answered in 120 minutes.
- In this entrance exam, the descriptive section of the exam has been restored for the year 2021 that was canceled for 2020.
- The maximum marks of the exam are 150 and cutoff marks will be added for the LLM course admission.
As per the updated exam pattern of CLAT PG, the following sections are included:
- Constitutional Law
- A few other relevant subjects of Law such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR & Jurisprudence, etc.
Read also : NIRF Ranking: Check the List of top Law Colleges