Investment Bankers are the professionals who assist or help organizations, companies, and individual clients to manage and grow their financial assets. When it comes to investing their assets with the motive of increasing the value of their investments, they help companies make proper decisions. They are expected to have a good knowledge of trading activities, market status, and profitable securities.
Their job is to invest in markets, analyze and interpret the data, calculate and predict financial risks and returns, provide investment advice, prepare legal documents, etc.
How to get into Investment Banking?
Candidates who are inclined to analytical mind and mathematics can be an Investment Banker. A commerce or finance background at the graduate level with an MBA (Finance) can uplift the career in this field.
- As a student, opt for a degree that focuses on banking or a closely relevant subject like economics, finance, business, or accounting.
- Get internships at smaller firms or investment banks otherwise from any regular bank.
- Socialize more and create your network base that will be beneficial in the long run.
The minimum basic eligibility criteria required for the career of an Investment Banker are mentioned below:
- A bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, commerce, or mathematics can give candidates an entry-level job in the field of investment banking.
- A candidate must have a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) from any recognized board/university for the higher post.
- At the initial education level, candidates should have science, arts, or commerce with mathematics, economics, and business.
Future Scope of Investment Bankers:
Among the youths of India, Investment banking is one of the more popular career options as it is a money-making job that offers opportunities to grow.
- Nowadays, Investment banking and its financial services are quite settled, that’s why banks are always in need of skilled investment bankers who can contribute towards the growth of the organization.
- As the economy of India is emerging, the future of investment bankers is widening with new job opportunities opening up for them.
- Career aspects of Investment Bankers are highly dependent on the capital market. Economic and business circumstances, and the jobs are directly proportional.
- As a number of factors can contribute to the rise and fall of markets so in this field always there will be a demand for an Investment Banker who can manage the market.
- Investment Bankers have the skills of good market knowledge and high financial aptitude. So mostly, they are the center of the attraction or on-demand in major deals between corporations.