Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT 2021) is a university-level online entrance exam conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (BITS Pilani) for admission into undergraduate engineering courses (B.Tech) at various campuses of BITS present at Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. The exam scheduled for BITSAT will be aanounced by BITS. The best part of the extension of the exam date is, candidates now have extra time for preparing for the examination.
BITSAT is an online mode examination that includes questions in subjects like Physics, Mathematics/Biology, and Chemistry. The level of question is from class 11th and 12th (NCERT Syllabus).
The competition for BITSAT is very tough every year. Nearly 2 lakh candidates apply for 2000 seats present in all of the campus. As tough as it seems to be, it is not at all impossible to crack in the first attempt. Aspirants applying for BITSAT also prepare for JEE Main. Though they have a different pattern and marking scheme, they both follow an almost similar syllabus. While the JEE Main focuses on conceptual learning, BITSAT is more about speed and accuracy.
BITSAT Preparation Tips:
Here we have listed a few preparation tips, which will help you crack BITSAT:
1. Understand Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- BITSAT mainly focuses on conceptual questions
- Candidates applying for BITSAT must have a thorough knowledge of the syllabus and pattern of the exam.
- Unlike JEE Main, BITSAT has added subjects (English and Logical Reasoning) and different marking schemes.
- Have the knowledge of which section caries how much mark and accordingly prepare yourself
- Work on your weaker sections and revise for harder sections
- There is negative marking, so avoid blindly answering questions
2. Study Plan
After understanding the syllabus and exam pattern, create an efficient study plan which you would follow thoroughly.
Make a time table for each subject so that every section is covered.
A student who has not started the preparation, then he/she needs to spend at least 8-9 hours a day for 30 days.
Try solving the mock test papers online. If your scores are somewhere within 300-350, then you have fair chances of scoring high in the final test day.
3. Time Management
- As all the entrance exams are a race with time, it is essential to attempt as many questions you can within the given amount of time.
- Keep a timer which solving questions to measure yourself.
- With every passing day, during the revision days, try increasing your speed of answering the questions.
- Do not get stuck on a single question which is taking too much of your time. Move on to the next one.
- As there is negative marking, do not go blindly answering questions.
Read, BITSAT Cut-Off
4. Try to Access the Bonus Questions
- After understanding the syllabus and exam pattern, create an efficient study plan which you would follow thoroughly.
- Make a time table for each subject so that every section is covered.
- A student who has not started the preparation, then he/she needs to spend at least 8-9 hours a day for 30 days.
- Try solving the mock test papers online. If your scores are somewhere within 300-350, then you have fair chances of scoring high in the final test day.
5. Books and Study Materials
- Choose your materials from a trusted platform which covers all the topics and has proven helpful before.
- If you want to know about the exam question pattern, previous year's question papers and Mock tests are the best.
- Finding good books and study materials is sometimes worrisome. So, below we have provided some recommended books which will help to clear BITSAT.
BITSAT Preparation Books:
These are the Best Books to Clear BITSAT (Subject Wise)
|Concepts of Physics Vol. 1 and 2||H.C. Verma|
|Objective Physics For Engg. Entrances||D.C. Pandey (Arihant)|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Resnick, Halliday, Walker|
|Advanced level Physics||Nelson and Parker|
|Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov|
|Complete Text Book in Chemistry||RK Gupta|
|Physical Chemistry||N Awasthi|
|A Textbook of Organic Chemistry (Competition)||Dr. A.K. Virmani & Dr. O.P. Tandon|
|Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations||R.C. Mukherjee|
|Organic Chemistry||Robert N. Boyd & Robert T. Morrison|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry||J.D. Lee|
|Self Help To CBSE Mathematics (Solutions)||R.D. Sharma|
|Skills in Mathematics||S.K. Goyal and Amit M. Aggarwal|
|Degree level Differential Calculus||A Das Gupta|
|Higher Algebra||Hall Knight Bernard-child|
|Problems in Calculus of One Variable||I.A. Maron|
|Objective Biology||Dr. R K Gupta|
|Objective Biology with Chapter-Wise MCQs||Disha Experts|
|Objective General English||RS Aggarwal|
|English Proficiency||Disha Experts|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Key to English Grammar and Composition||Wren & Martin|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
|Shortcuts in Reasoning||Disha Experts|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|Critical Thinking and Logical Reasoning||Ranga Raghuram|
Every entrance exam is clearable once you put your heart and mind to it. Proper self-preparation with dedication and hard work, can make you achieve your target. We hope the above-mentioned tips and list of books will help you clear BITSAT.
BITSAT Preparation FAQs
Q: Is there a need to join coaching institutes for preparation of BITSAT?
A: Self-preparation is enough to get through the entrance. However, it is a personal choice if you wish to opt for tuitions. If you are not confident enough about the exam pattern and syllabus to be followed, then you can surely take the help of experts.
Q: What books do the toppers follow?
A: Generally, the toppers follow the following mentioned books:
- Class 11th and 12th NCERT books
- Practice papers BITSAT 2020 PB by GKP
- Pearson's complete guide of BITSAT (English)
- BITSAT English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning PB (English)
Q. Can we carry calculators to the examination hall?
A: No, not at all. You will not be provided with calculators or log tables. You will only get rough papers to do the calculations.