IIFT 2021 is a national-level entrance examination, and it is always conducted by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. This entrance exam is a second popular MBA entrance exam after Common Aptitude Test. This exam is conducted for admitting students to MBA at Kolkata, Delhi, and Kakinada campus.
Many students attempting for IIFT 2021 must have also appeared for XAT 2021 and CAT 2021. Thus, there is no necessity of preparing separately for the IIFT exam as all these exams have a common syllabus.
Here in this article, we have jotted down a few things that candidates should keep in their mind before appearing IIFT 2021 exam.
10 things to keep in mind for IIFT 2021 Exam:
There are a few things that candidates should keep in their mind in order to embrace the IIFT 2021 entrance exam. Following are the 10 things to keep in mind:
- Aspirants can allot only about a minute to each question so candidates are expected to answer 110 questions in two hours. So accordingly, work on the speed of reading and understanding questions, identifying patterns, and doing mathematical calculations.
- Also, candidates have to concentrate on accuracy as there is a negative marking in the IIFT exam, so be aware of the improvement in accuracy.
- Candidates should thoroughly analyze the answers of these mock tests and aim at improving the errors. And also try to solve previous year’s question papers as it gives an idea about the exam pattern by which you can evaluate your strength and weakness.
- IIFT entrance exam does focus on overall scores and sectional cut-offs both while shortlisting candidates for the second stage of admission and final merit list as well. So, candidates should focus on performing well in all the sections of the exam.
- Take out 15 to 20 minutes for GKs such as news and current affairs regularly. In this section of IIFT 2021, questions can be range from business, news, economic news, brand tag lines, corporate news, world records, famous award and prizes, books and authors, science, history, geography, etc.
- In the IIFT exam each section has different marks, unlike other MBA entrance exams where there is a uniform marking scheme throughout the paper. And it is essential for a candidate to realize this factor of the IIFT exam and go ahead further with an apt strategy to get the maximum marks.
- There are two extremely prominent sections that are Logical Reasoning, and Data Interpretation in the IIFT exam pattern where the rate of marks per minute is the highest for these two sections. So, have a glance at the passages and try out two passages that you are comfortable with.
- As there has no sectional time-limit in the IIFT exam, candidates can make a strategy accordingly. Aim at scoring required sectional cutoff, attempt questions from topics that are your strong areas, and do not take too much time on a question that is difficult to understand.
- Usually, the calculation of the DI section is intensive, so candidates need to keep this in mind before attempting it.
- Generally, RCs are a bit longer but most of the questions are straightforward. As this section gives minimum marks per minute, so do not target attempting all RCs.
Read also : IIFT 2021 Syllabus, Exam Pattern and Eligibility