Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GCET) is an annual common entrance exam for MBA and MCA studies in Gujarat, India, since 2002. Every year it is conducted between March to August. Gujarat Technological University was inaugurated in October 2007. Then, it started conducting GCET. The GUJCET syllabus has Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the main subjects.
Books To Prepare:
Here are a few pointers that candidates must consider while selecting the best books for GUJCET:
- It is essential for the candidates to choose a book that is written in a reader-friendly and comprehensible language.
- For GUJCET, candidates must note that the book contains fundamental concepts and topics that are included in the syllabus of GUJCET.
- Also, before buying the book, candidates must check for the latest edition of the book in order to get updated content and information on the examination.
- It is always better to choose a book that has enough sample papers and GUJCET previous years’ question papers for better exam preparation.
- Before buying the book, check that it contains the complete syllabus of GUJCET.
- Many training centers or coaching centers also provide various reference books or study materials for better entrance exam preparation. So, candidates can also refer to these books.
Candidates preparing for GUJCET can refer to the following books mentioned in the table below:
- GUJ-CET 15 Practice Sets by Dr Chandresh Agrawal
- Test Series GUJCET (PCM) in English by Devesh Bhardwaj
- 15 Mock Tests & Solved Papers for Gujarat CET Medical Entrance by Arihant Experts
- Mathematics by RS Agrawal and IA Maroon
- Papers For GUJCET/ JEE/NEET (in Gujarati) by Raj Prakashan
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
- Solutions of Concepts of Physics Volume 1 & 2 by H.C Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday/ Resnick/ Walker
- Mathematics Volume I & II Class – 12 by RD Sharma
- Concepts of Organic Chemistry For Jee by OP Tandon
- S Dinesh Guide to GUJCET
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee
GUJCET Preparation Tips
As mentioned above, GUJCET offline exam has the following sections:
GUJCET Preparation Tips: How to Prepare for GUJCET 2020
In order to prepare for the offline exam of GUJCET, you should follow the steps mentioned below:
a) Stay Focused
In order to achieve the desired target, it is highly important for you to stay focused. No matter what, do not get distracted from your goal. Always keep in mind your goal and things will surely fall in place.
b) Make A Study Plan
Be thorough with the GUJCET Syllabus and GUJCET exam pattern. Based on that, make a proper study plan and allocate proper slots for each subject according to your hold on the particular subjects.
c) Be Clear With Concepts
It is obvious that if your concepts are not clear it will be tough for you to successfully proceed with your preparation. Understand the topic from every perspective. Give your preparation such an edge that you are ready to answer all kinds of ifs and buts yourself.
d) Prepare Notes
Cultivate the habit of making notes while going through any subject or topic. This habit of yours will assist you while revising at the last minute. Preparing notes also assist you in memorizing the facts, figures, formulas, equations, reactions, etc. quickly and more efficiently.
e) Practice Diligently
Solve a sufficient number of GUJCET practice questions with increasing difficulty level every time you are done with a chapter. Mark the difficult questions and solve them again later. You can also solve JEE Main practice questions as JEE Main and GUJCET have almost the same syllabus.
f) Solve Mock Test and Previous Year Papers
Solving previous year papers and mock test series will take you a long way. Inculcating this habit in your study plan will surely grant you an awesome preparation ahead. Solving previous year papers will assist you in understanding the weightage of different concepts as well as the difficulty level of the exam.