Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam to have Supercomputiring Facility soon, The computer will have the power of 650 TF(approx. 838TF Peak, 70:30 CPU & GPU Hybrid Supercomputing system). The supercomputer is a high-speed computer with higher memory power then the regular computer. A Supercomputer can do multiple tasks so easily. Its a million times faster than the personal computer(pc). IIT Guwahati will organize training courses to popularise the use and applications of supercomputers in the northeastern region. The installation of this supercomputing system at IIT Guwahati has been initiated under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM).
Speaking about the Supercomputing facility, Dr. T. G. Sitharam, Director, IIT Guwahati, said, “New Supercomputer at IIT Guwahati with 650 TFLOPS is more powerful and a technologically superior facility, which will play an important role in the field of scientific and engineering applications such as quantum mechanics, climate research, oil and gas exploration, molecular modeling, weather forecasting, spacecraft aerodynamics, computational systems biology and detonation simulations including the handling of large databases using Artificial intelligence models"
Benefits of this Facility:
1. It can be used in the field of Chemical Engineering, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Biotechnology, Quantum High Energy Physics, Cosmology, Molecular Dynamics, Nanotechnology.
2. Going to helps the Researcher in research.
3. It will complete the complex work of Northeast Institutions easily.
4. The useful Software like GROMACS, NAMD, WRF, LAMPPS, COMSOL, Ansys, OPENFOAM, GERRIS etc are available in the system for various uses.
5. It will be help on the field of Environmental study.
IIT Guwahati has been 20th rank among the Top 50 young universities in Chemistry: Read Here
IIT Hyderabad to introduce B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering, GATE to change Question Paper Pattern: Read Here
Click Here: CEED 2020 Cut-off Released by IIT Bombay
IIT Hyderabad to introduce B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering, GATE to change Question Paper Pattern: Click to know More