ACET (Actuarial Common Entrance Test) is a national-level computer-based exam for the interested candidates who want to make a career in the Actuary field. It is organized by the IAI (Institute of Actuaries of India) thrice a year, i.e. January, March, and June. ACET exam consists of Multiple Choice type questions that a candidate needs to complete in the given assigned duration.
The next session of ACET 2021 is in the month of March. The registration process has started for ACET March 2021 and the exam will be held on 27 Mar 2021 in a computer-based online mode.
The syllabus of ACET 2021 consists of topics from Mathematics, English, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and Statistics. ACET 2021 will be held as a home-based online examination for duration of 3 hours.
The details provided here about the ACET 2021 exam is its pattern, syllabus, and the last-minute tips for preparation.
ACET Exam Highlights:
|Actuarial Common Entrance Test
|Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI)
|Thrice a year (January, March, June)
|Online or Computer-based Test mode
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
ACET 2021 Exam Pattern:
ACET 2021 is a home-based online examination that is of 3 hours (or 180 minutes) duration. It is conducted through the Computer-based Test mode. There will be a total of 70 multiple choice questions in the exam which is of 100 marks in total with one correct answer for each.
This exam has two sections as part 1 and part 2. The topics of Mathematics, Statistics, and Data Interpretation subjects come under part 1 with 55% scores whereas part 2 includes English and Logical Reasoning with 45% scores.
It is very much essential for candidates to understand the exam pattern of the exam to know how to prepare for the ACET exam. The tabulation below is the exam pattern of the ACET 2021 exam:
|Online or Computer-based Test mode
|No. of Questions
|45 questions of 1 marks each
20 questions of 2 marks each
5 questions of 3 marks each
No negative markings
Subject-wise marking scheme
ACET 2021 Exam Syllabus:
The syllabus of ACET 2021 has been published by the Institute of Actuaries of India on its official web portal. The ACET syllabus has a total of five subjects which are Mathematics, English, Statistics, Data Interpretation, and Logical Reasoning. Two sections of this exam have the maximum number of marks that are Mathematics and Statistics. Applicants should cover all the topics during ACET exam preparation.
The tabulation below contains the major topics as per the syllabus of ACET 2021:
Last-minute tips for the ACET 2021 exam:
Here we are about to discuss the last-minute tips for the preparation of ACET exam that will help the candidates to make a proper strategy for the examination:
- Students should give equal preference to all the topics that include sections like logical reasoning, verbal, and data interpretation along with mathematics and statistics.
- Candidates must solve the previous year's question paper and the mock paper provided by the IAI as it will help them to learn the pattern of the exam.
- Candidates need to make sure that they have the basics of probability clear i.e. Basic Probability Distributions, Axioms of Probability, etc. while preparing for Statistics.
- And candidates have to make sure that they read the passage very carefully before they attempt the questions for the English Reading Comprehension section.
- They should attempt all the questions regardless of their accuracy as there are no negative marks.
- Time management plays an essential role that can decide someone’s performance. Candidates need to have an idea of how much time they should spend on each topic, so make a proper study schedule to manage all the topics equally.
- Keep a check on your basic concepts of the required topics by practicing all the formulas in advance to avoid the last-minute rush.
- Make the topic-wise small notes on each chapter so that it will be easy to revise in the last-minutes and reduce the confusion.
Read here : High Salary Courses After 12th Science