The Animation Industry in India is booming like never before, as it has become one of the important constituents of our Entertainment industry. In the last decade, the Animation Film Design course has proved itself to be a turning point in the career of every designer. Under this course, students will be trained to use the latest tools of designing using the complex aspects of the different types of designs. The course study is designed to nurture aesthetic and creative artists/designers who can create unique content. With the changing trends in media platforms, the influence of animation in designing films has already been a common element.
What the course focuses on?
- Tools and techniques for designing
- Various designing aspects
- Working creatively for producing original content.
- Character Designing
- Creating aesthetic designs
- Managing and coordinating activities in a group
- Redesigning traditional designs
||Animation Film Design
||Bachelor and Masters
||Varies with course
||Meri and Entrance based admission
||Channel [V], Cognizant, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Tata Interactive, Infosys, Godfrey's and Boyce, Myntra, Mind tree, Microsoft, Facebook, etc
|Top Career Scopes
||Animator, Character Designer, Creative Director, Consultant, Designpreneur
Some of the top colleges that provide a full-time degree in this field are mentioned below:-
The eligibility criteria for the diploma course is mentioned below:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board. Candidates awaiting 10+2 result can also apply
- Age limit is 20 years
- The maximum age limit is 23 years for SC/ST/OBC
- maximum age is 25 years for a person with a disability (PwD)
- Bachelor's degree of a minimum of 3 years/4 years in any specialization.
- The upper age limit for candidates is 30 years as on 30 June.
- Age relaxation of 3 years for Sc/ST?OBC
- Age relaxation of 5 years for Person with a disability (PwD).
The syllabus of the course highlights the complete course curriculum of a particular degree. It is classified accordingly to the core subjects selected by the candidates.
- Basic Design skills
- Animation Design
- 2D Production
- 3D Production
- Clay Modelling
- Mixed Media
- Graphics Narrative
- Good Visual Imagination
- Working on Details
- Artistic skills
- Aesthetic skills
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
Some of the other Organizational skills are mentioned below:
- Commercial awareness
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Effective decision-Making skills
- Forward Planning skills
Normally admission into the Animation Film Design course depends on the college where the student is interested in applying. Some colleges offer a merit-based selection process. In this selection process, the students will be selected on the basis of merit i.e. marks secured in the last academic examination. Moreover, there are some colleges that offer admission on the basis of the marks secured in the entrance examination. Those students who have secured the minimum cut-off marks will be called in for group discussions and personal interviews. After completion of the counseling rounds, aspirants will be eligible for admission
1. NID DAT (Design Aptitude Test)
- Mode of Exam: Pen and Paper Based/Offline
- Duration of the Exam: 3 Hrs
- Types of Question: subjective and objective
2. UCEED (Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design)
- Registration start and end date: 9 September - 17 October 2020
- UCEED 2021 Exam Date: 17 January 2021 (9 AM - 12 PM)
- Result declaration: 10 March 2021
3. AIEED (All India Entrance Examination for Design)
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Duration of the Exam: 3 Hrs
- Total Marks: 200
4. SEED (Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design)
- Exam Mode: Online
- Question type: MCQ/Objective
- Exam Duration: 2.5 hours for each test
After completing a degree in Animation Film Design course students can pursue a great career in the Animation Industry.
Salary per annum
||3.5 - 5 Lakhs
||6 lakhs upward
- Channel [V]
- Cartoon Network
- Tata Interactive
- Godfrey's and Boyce
- Mind tree
Top Hiring Cities:
Q: What is the job role of an Animator?
A: The job role of an Animator is to create films, working creatively to produce original and aesthetically pleasing designs and solutions, presenting a design to customers for evaluation.Liaising and working effectively with other designers and production staff.
Q: What are Animation and VFX?
A: Animation is a technique of art that causes pictures or images to look like they are moving while Vfx or visual effect is a way of mixing real film shooting with false or animated images.
Q: Which are the top colleges offering this course?
A: The top colleges offering this course are-
- NID Ahmedabad
- Chitkara University
Q: Which are the top entrances for Animation Film Design?
A: The top entrances for Animation Film Design are-
Q: What is the age limit for B. Des in Animation Film Design?
A: The age limit is 23 for B. Des in Animation Film Design.
Also Read: Career in Animation and VFX