Engineering has been one of the topmost sought after course in India. Thousands of students want to get admissions in high ranked engineering institute to pursue their dream course. Being a huge profile, engineering encompasses many streams/branches to choose from. Every year in India, a number of entrance exams are held including national level, state level, and university level.
Engineering Entrance Exams offers a platform to get into engineering colleges and to study undergraduate level courses in several profiles. Students can make their decision in opting for the examination they want to take part, and the colleges they want to study in. Thousands of institutes are spread across the country so, the options available for an average student are plenty. Because of that, every year lakhs of aspiring students appear for various entrance exams and for sure it will increase in the future.
Top 5 Engineering Entrance Exams
There are a number of engineering institutes have been established and lakhs of students pass out as engineering graduates every year. Qualifying from a top engineering entrance exam in India will lead the applicants to a university or institute which provides better education and facilities while also giving them a bright future. In India, IITs, NITs, and IIITs are leading ahead in the race which is known for giving the students a good education and an even better job prospect down the line. These are the top 5 engineering entrance exams that students look forward to in India provide a platform for all aspirants to get admission into the well-known institutes.
- Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main), formerly known as All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) is one of the most popular and highly competitive exams with an annual registration of over 10 lakh students.
- From 2019, NTA (National Testing Agency) conducting this entrance exam which was conducted by CBSE earlier.
- This National level entrance exam provides admission to Engineering (BE/B.Tech) and Architecture (B.Arch. /B.Plan) courses at the UG level. JEE Main will be held two times a year in the month of January and April.
- 25 IITs, 31 NITs excluding several other public and private institutes take part in the JEE Main Counselling process. The Counselling process and admission process of JEE Main are guided by the JoSAA board through All India Rank (AIR). Whereas, other institutes will have their own ranking based on the performance in Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main).
- JEE Main 2021 for February session will be held on from 23rd Feb, 2021 to 26th February, 2021. This year JEE MAIN will be conduct four times.
- The examination consists of two papers as Paper 1 (for B.E/B. Tech) and Paper 2 (for B.Arch.).
- The examination for Paper 1 is online mode and it is offline for Paper 2.
- The questions are based on MCQ type followed by negative marking which consists of 4 marks for every correct answer whereas -1 mark for each wrong answer.
- JEE Advanced (Joint Entrance Examination Advanced), previously known as IIT JEE (Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination) has around 11 thousand seats for admission, and only the top 2.5 lakh qualified rank holders of JEE Main will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced exam.
- The exam will be held once a year after the JEE Main and the examination process for B. Tech programs is conducted by one of the 7 zonal IITs with guidance from the Joint Admission Board (JAB).
- The exam helps to provide admission into undergraduate courses such as Bachelor’s, Integrated Masters or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or Architecture.
- JEE Advanced 2021 will be announced by NTA.
- There are two papers in this exam such as Paper 1(online)and Paper 2(offline).
- There are negative marks for wrong answers and the deduction will be based on the type of questions.
- BITSAT exam is a computer-based test that is conducted annually by Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani where more than 3 lakh students are registering for this All-India entrance exam.
- BITS Pilani ranked 5th by Outlook,4th by ‘India Today’, and 7th by ‘The Week’ in 2017.
- BITSAT examination has started in the year 2005 to provide admission to UG degree programs such as BE/B. Tech, B.Pharm., and Master Programsin one of its 4 campuses.
- The 4 campuses of BITS are BITS Pilani, BITS Goa, BITS Hyderabad, and BITS Dubai (exam process for Dubai campus varies from others).
- BITSAT 2021 will be declared by BITS, Pilani.
- BITSAT exam is an online MCQ type testand a total of 150 questions will be there divided into 4 sections.
- For each correct answer 3 marks will be awarded and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The admission to the BITS campus will be purely based on merit.
- VITEEE is an online entrance exam organized once a year at the National level by the Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) for admissions to its B. Tech programs in various VIT campuses.
- VIT is ranked 1stby NIRF - ARIIA in 2019 among private engineering colleges in India and 801-1000 in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings in 2018.
- VITEEE examination has started in the year 2013 to provide admissions to UG B. Tech programs for PCME students and B. Tech Bio-engineering/Biotechnology degree programs for PCBE students among 4 VIT campuses (VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT Bhopal, and VIT AP).
- VIT, Vellore conducts the VITEEE admission process and the counseling will be divided into phases where candidates will be called based on merits.
- VIT University will conduct VITEEE 2021 on 2nd week or 3rd week of April, 2021.
- Now, the admission to its different campuses will be based on the marks obtained by candidates in class 10+2 (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology).
- SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) is a computer-based online test conducted by SRM Institute of Science and Technology for 7 thousand engineering seats where over 1 lakh students apply for this entrance exam.
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology ranked 351-400 by ‘The QS World University Rankings’ of 2019 in Asia.
- SRMJEEE examination provides admissions to B. Tech programs of 16 specializations offered by its 6 campuses that include3 in Tamil Nadu (Ramapuram, Kattankulathur, and Vadapalani) and other 3 at NCR Delhi, Sikkim, and Amaravati respectively.
- SRM Institute of Science & Technology will conduct SRMJEEE 2021 entrance exam on 1st or 2nd week of April, 2021
- And now, the admission to its different campuses will be based on the marks obtained by candidates in class 10+2.
- MCQ type questions will be asked in this online examination.
- For each correct answer3 marks will be awarded and there will be no negative marking for wrong answers.