IIT Bombay released the exam day guidelines for the students who will be appearing for the General Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021. GATE is conducted for admitting students into M.E/ M. Tech/ PhD at the IITs, NITs, CFTIs and for recruitment in PSUs. The guidelines were published on the official website gate.iitb.ac.in. The guidelines released by the institute have to be followed by the candidates for ensuring safety during the exam. Candidates are advised to go through the guidelines on the official site. The guidelines are available in the form of a video.
The GATE 2021 exams will be organized on 5th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th and 14th February in two different sessions. The admit cards are already available on the official site of GATE. When appearing for the exam, the candidates need to carry their admit card and a photo ID proof. One needs to go thirty minutes before the reporting time.
- It is advisable to reach the exam centre at least an hour before the exam starts. This will avoid overcrowding.
- The candidates must maintain physical distancing. The students will need to follow the rope queues and floor markings while standing outside the exam centre.
- At the entrance to the exam hall, the candidates will have their body temperatures checked. Any candidate with a body temperature of 99.4 degrees Fahrenheit will sit for the exam in an isolation room.
- The invigilators in the exam hall will check the documents like admit card and photo ID proof after the candidates reach the exam centres.
- The candidates can carry with them hand gloves, masks, sanitizers, pen/pencil, transparent water bottle and the documents for the exam.
- The candidates will also need to complete the biometric registration once they reach the lab.
Changes in the Syllabus
IIT Bombay released the official syllabus for GATE 2021 for all the subjects on the official website http://gate.iitb.ac.in/. The syllabus has been revised and the candidates can get details about the 27 papers on the official site.
GATE 2021 has two new subjects namely Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Science (XH). It is very essential for the candidates to know about the GATE syllabus so that they can study accordingly.
Read also : Top 10 Engineering Entrances for 2021