National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted every year with an objective to provide a single scheme of examinations facilitating prospective students all over the country for admission in architecture programs. The exam was started in 2006 to help students avoid appearing in multiple aptitude tests. The eligibility for admission to the five-year Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) degree course will also be decided through NATA 2021. The eligibility conditions for NATA 2021 will be prescribed by CoA and duly approved by the Central Government. The eligibility condition must be strictly adhered to by candidates and followed in all Architectural Institutions over the country.
The Council of Architecture (CoA) will conduct the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2021 for the candidates interested in admission to the undergraduate graduate programs in Architecture (BArch). The council has been constituted by the Government of India for the registration of Architects, standards of education, recognized qualifications, and standards of professional conduct and etiquette.
Similar to JEE Main, NATA 2021 will also be conducted twice by CoA. The first phase of the exam will be held in 10th April while the second phase of the exam will be conducted in 12th June. Candidates will have the choice of appearing in one or both the exams. Important details about NATA 2021 can be checked below.
NATA 2021 Highlights:
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Pen – Paper Based|
|Score Validity||Twice a Year|
email@example.com | +91 8296744296
NATA 2021 Schedule:
The official schedule of the NATA entrance examination is published on its official website. The schedule informs the aspirants about the important events and their dates. NATA 2021 is conducted twice a year and the council always releases the dates for the two phases separately. The last dates of both phases will be different. Students are therefore requested to have proper knowledge of the schedule so as to avoid any kind of confusion in dates and their events. The schedule is generally mentioned in the exam prospectus that the students can download from the official website of NATA. The schedule contains important events like Availability of Form, Form correction window, Availability of Admit card, Exam dates, etc.
The Schedule is mentioned below:
|Event||1st Test||2nd Test|
|Availability of Form||5th March 2021||5th March 2021|
|Last date of Application||1st April 2021||30th May 2021|
|Availability of admit Card||6th April 2021||8th June 2021|
|Date and time of Examination||10th April 2021||12 June 2021|
|Declaration of NATA Result||20th April 2021||16th June 2021|
NATA 2021 Admit Card:
NATA 2021 admit card for the phase-1 exam will be released on 6th April 2021 and the last date for candidates to download the admit card will be the second week of April 2021. For phase-2 of NATA 2021, the admit card will be released on 8th June 2021 . Candidates will be able to download NATA admit card from the official website by logging in using their registered credentials. Only registered candidates will be able to download the NATA 2021 admit card.
Candidate should keep Admit card safe and secure in all respect till the completion of the admission procedure. Candidate needs to make sure that photograph and signature printed on admit card are not tampered/distorted. Candidate with tampered/distorted admit card will not be allowed to appear for NATA.
Exam Centres will be mentioned on the NATA 2021 Admit Card, which will be generated after filling the application form. Admit Card is a document to be carried by candidates to exam center along with one photo ID proof.
Steps to download NATA 2021 admit card:
Take a look at the below steps to download NATA admit card 2021 from the official website:
- Visit the official website of NATA
- Click on NATA 2021 registration link given at the bottom of the homepage
- Navigate to the NATA 2021 admit card link
- On clicking, you will be redirected to the login window
- Enter your application number and password to log in
- NATA 2021 admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a print out of the same to be produced at the NATA exam centres
Documents required along with Admit Card
Candidates will have to carry following documents along with NATA 2021 Admit Card to exam hall:
- Voter Card
- Pan Card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving Licence, etc.
- Invalid Photo IDs
- Temporary ID proof or learner’s driving license
- ID proof that has expired
- ID proof issued by an employer
- Documents issued by a notary officer
- Credit or debit cards
- Photocopy of valid ID proof.
- Admit Card contents
- Name of Candidate, category, gender, date of birth
- Permanent address of Candidate
- Application form number
- Exam Center and address details
- Center code
- Date and time of NATA 2021 exam.
- Reporting time
- Roll Number
- Left thumb impression and signature of Candidate
|Time to Reach Exam Center||All candidates are required to reach the exam centers one hour prior to the examination time.|
|Admit Card||One of the most mandatory documents to be carried to the exam hall is the admit card. The admit card should be printed properly.|
|Related Documents Required||Along with the Admit card, there are some identity proof documents that are needed to be carried to the exam hall. This is required to cross-check the identity of the exam appearing candidate|
|Things not to carry to the exam center||Prior to entering the exam hall, all candidates must ensure that they are not carrying any kind of unwanted materials or items, like electronic gadgets, pieces of paper, stationery, eatables, etc, into the examination hall. Candidates who are found violating the rule will be debarred from the examination and possibly restricted from attempting the examination, depending on the gravity of the situation|
|Attendance||Once all the candidates have entered the examination hall, the invigilators will take attendance of the candidates who are present to appear the entrance examination. If the candidate has not signed the attendance sheet then he/she will be marked as absent.|
NATA 2021 Syllabus:
NATA Syllabus 2021 is defined by CoA (Council of Architecture). NATA 2021 has two parts namely- Part A which consists of General Aptitude and Mathematics Test and Part B is a Drawing Test. NATA Syllabus will contain topics from Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Drawing.
It is imperative for aspirants to go through the entire syllabus which helps them to plan the preparation schedule in a precise manner. It also helps them not to get confused over what to study and what not to. It is expected that the difficulty level of the questions will be at moderate level.
There will be a total of 62 questions. The duration of the exam is 3-hour i.e. test-takers need to take Mathematics and General Aptitude in the first 60 minutes, while the last 120 minutes are allotted for the drawing section.
NATA 2021 Syllabus for Mathematics
|Algebra||Definitions of A. P. and G.P.; General term; Summation of first n-terms of series; Arithmetic/Geometric series, A.M., G.M. and their relation; Infinite G.P. series and its sum|
|Logarithms||Definition; General properties; Change of base.|
|Matrices||Concepts of m x n, real matrices, operations of addition, scalar multiplication and multiplication of matrices. Transpose of a matrix. Determinant of a square matrix. Properties of determinants (statement only). Minor, cofactor and ad joint of a matrix. Nonsingular matrix. Inverse of a matrix. Finding area of a triangle. Solutions of system of linear equations. (Not more than 3 variables)|
|Trigonometry||Trigonometric functions, addition and subtraction formulae, formulae involving multiple and submultiple angles, general solution of trigonometric equations. Properties of triangles, inverse trigonometric functions and their properties.|
|Coordinate Geometry||Distance formula, section formula, area of a triangle, condition of collinearity of three points in a plane. Polar coordinates, transformation from Cartesian to polar coordinates and vice versa. Parallel transformation of axes, concept of locus, elementary locus problems. Slope of a line. Equation of lines in different forms, angle between two lines. Condition of perpendicularity and parallelism of two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Distance between two parallel lines. Lines through the point of intersection of two lines. Equation of a circle with a given center and radius. Condition that a general equation of second degree in x, y may represent a circle. Equation of a circle in terms of endpoints of a diameter . Equation of tangent, normal and chord. Parametric equation of a circle. Intersection of a line with a circle. Equation of common chord of two intersecting circles.|
|3 Dimensional Co-Ordinate Geometry||Direction cosines and direction ratios, distance between two points and section formula, equation of a straight line, equation of a plane, distance of a point from a plane.|
|Theory of Calculus||Functions, composition of two functions and inverse of a function, limit, continuity, derivative, chain rule, derivative of implicit functions and functions defined parametrically. Integration as a reverse process of differentiation, indefinite integral of standard functions. Integration by parts. Integration by substitution and partial fraction. Definite integral as a limit of a sum with equal subdivisions. Fundamental theorem of integral calculus and its applications. Properties of definite integrals. Formation of ordinary differential equations, solution of homogeneous differential equations, separation of variables method, linear first order differential equations.|
|Application Of calculus||Tangents and normals, conditions of tangency. Determination of monotonicity, maxima and minima. Differential coefficient as a measure of rate. Motion in a straight line with constant acceleration. Geometric interpretation of definite integral as area, calculation of area bounded by elementary curves and Straight lines. Area of the region included between two elementary curves.|
|Permutation and Combination||Permutation of n different things taken r at a time. Permutation of n things not all different. Permutation with repetitions (circular permutation excluded). Combinations of n different things taken r at a time. Combination of n things not all different. Basic properties. Problems involving both permutations and combinations.|
|Statistics and Probability||Measure of dispersion, mean, variance and standard deviation, frequency distribution. Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability and Bayes’ Theorem, independence of events, repeated independent trails and Binomial distribution.|
NATA 2021 Syllabus for General Aptitude
|Sets and Relations||Idea of sets, subsets, power set, complement, union, intersection and difference of sets, Venn diagram, De Morgan's Laws, Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation — definition and elementary examples.|
|Mathematical Reasoning||Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by. Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction and contrapositive|
|Objects||Texture related to architecture and the built environment. Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations.|
NATA 2021 Syllabus for Drawing:
|Understanding of scale and proportion of objects||Geometric composition|
|Shape||Harmony and contrast|
|Drawing of patterns-both geometrical and abstract||Generating plan|
|Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms||Sketching of urbanscape and landscape|
|Equipment||Building forms and elements|
|Conceptualization and Visualization through structuring objects in memory||Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes|
|Elevation and 3D views of objects||Perspective drawing|
|Common day-to-day life objects like furniture|
NATA 2021 Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern is published along with the examination brochure on the official website of the conducting body i.e. Council of Architecture. Exam pattern provides information of different parameters of the examination like the subjects, the total number of questions to be asked, total marks, subject wise mark distribution etc. It's very important for the students to have sound knowledge of the exam pattern so as to have proper information regarding the exam pattern. Students should have a good idea of the exam pattern so as to avoid any kind of confusion during the preparation process.
No. of Questions
Distribution of Marks
2 x 35
1 x 55
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
15 x 1.5
General Aptitude & Logical Reasoning
35 x 1.5
Subject wise Distribution of Marks
NATA 2021 Exam Pattern for Mathematics & General Aptitude Test
- Only one option will be correct
- Every correct response will yield 1.5 marks
- There is no negative marking, but wrong answering will be penalized in case of tie-breaking
NATA 2021 Exam Pattern for Drawing Test:
Given below are the aspects on which this is judged:
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in a visually appealing manner
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings
- Sense of perspective drawing
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structural form
- Creating interesting two-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms
- Creating visual harmony using colours in a given composition
- Understanding of scale and proportions
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences
NATA 2021 Scoring process
The answer to each question in the 'drawing' paper will be examined by a panel of three examiners independently and the marks are averaged. It may be further subject to moderation.
The marking of questions on this section is based on the statistical properties of the questions, the examinee's performance on the questions, and the number of questions that are answered. The primary emphasis in scoring the drawing section is on the candidate's drawing, imagination and observation skills. The candidate’s sense of proportion & perspective is also evaluated together with sense for colour and composition.
Tie-breaking rules for overall NATA score
A unified merit list of candidates will be published for NATA 2021. If more than one candidate gets the same overall marks, tie breaking logic would be applied in the following order:
- More overall marks obtained in Mathematics test component
- Less wrong answers in attempted ones of Mathematics test component
- More overall marks in problems of the Aptitude test component
- Less wrong answers in attempted ones of the Aptitude test component
- Earlier date of birth
NATA 2021 Cut Off:
NATA 2021 result for phase-1 will be declared on 14th April 2021 whereas the same for phase-2 will be declared on 16th June 2021. The exam result will be declared by the CoA. The exam is conducted for the candidates seeking admission in the 1st year of the 5-year B.Arch course offered by the participating colleges.
Each college will release its NATA Cutoff, based on which the qualified candidates will be given admission. Last year, around 35651 students had applied, out of which 18126 appeared for the exam and 14589 candidates have qualified.
The qualifying marks for NATA 2021 will be based on the following rules such as:
- At least 25% marks must be scored in MCQ-type Questions (30 out of 120).
- At least 25% marks must be secured in Drawing Questions (20 out of 80).
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) will be based on post-exam statistics & at the discretion of the Council.
|Subject||Qualifying Mark||Total Marks|
|Mathematics and General Aptitude||30||120|
|overall Qualifying Mark||70||200|
NATA 2021 Cutoff (Qualifying Marks)
- Candidates are required to score a minimum of 40% of the total marks in order to qualify NATA 2021 Exam (that is 80 0ut of 200 marks).
- However, it is to be noted that these 40% qualifying limit will be applicable only if a candidate obtains the minimum 25% qualifying marks in both paper 1 and paper 3- The official Cut off for NATA 2021 would be announced by the council of architecture once the exam cycle is over.
The cut off would vary based on various factors such as:
NATA 2021 Application Form:
The candidates interested in applying for the entrance exam have to visit the official website. The application form for NATA 2021 will be available in online mode only. The candidates have to apply for the entrance in the three major steps. These are filling the details, uploading the documents & the payment of fee. The payment can be made in the online form (via debit card, credit card or net banking) only.
How to Apply NATA 2021 application form:
Candidates can follow the below steps to fill NATA 2021 application form:
Step 1: Register for NATA 2021
To begin with NATA 2021 registration, candidates will have to first create a login id and password. To be able to do the same, they will have to fill a form which requires the following details about the candidate:
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Unique password
- Security question
Once the above details and filled and submitted, candidates will receive an email on their registered ID containing the application number and password. This has to be preserved for future logins on the website.
Step 2: Login and fill NATA 2021 application form
To fill NATA 2021 application form, candidates will have to first login on the official website of NATA using the registered credentials. Once successfully logged in, candidates can begin filling the application form for NATA 2021.
Step 3: Upload scanned copies of required documents
After successfully submitting the duly filled NATA application form, candidates will be asked to upload the scanned copies of the following documents:
- Candidate's recent passport size photograph
- Candidate's signature
The above documents will be uploaded as per the below specifications: Step 4: Pay the application fee for NATA 2021
After completing the application submission process, candidates will have to make the payment of the prescribed NATA application fee. The application fee can be paid using Netbanking / Credit Cards / ICICI Isure Bank Challan.
Note: Aspirants need to download the prefilled registration form and procure the necessary registration documents. They would also be required to select a test center from the official website at a location convenient to the candidate. Approach the Test centre for Appointment for NATA Exam. After this, procure Receipt cum Appointment voucher from the Test Center and take the exam on the scheduled date.
Documents to be preserved after filling NATA 2021 application form
- Confirmation page
- Receipt of payment of application fee
- A copy of prefilled NATA 2021 application form
NATA 2021 Application Form Correction:
COA will also provide candidates with the opportunity to make corrections in the NATA application form if in case they have made any mistakes while filling the online form. Follow the below steps to avail the application correction facility:
- Visit the official website of NATA 2021
- Login using application number and password
- Click on "Application Correction"
- Correct the errors/ incomplete information and submit
Application Fee for all Courses:
|For One Session|
|General candidates||Rs. 2000/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|For Both Session|
|General candidates||Rs. 4000/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 3000/-|
Candidates who want to appear from test centres outside of India must have to fill the following fee for both sessions:
|For one session||Rs. 10,000/-|
|For both sessions||Rs. 20,000/-|
Please note that no extra fee is charged from candidates to avail the application correction facility, However, candidates may have to pay some extra fee when making changes in their category or number of papers opting for. The application fee for general category candidates is slightly higher than that for the reserved category. Also, candidates appearing for both the session will have to pay more than those appearing for a single session.
NATA 2021 Counselling:
The counselling session for NATA is expected to be conducted in July for the 2021 session. However, the counselling will be done as per the participating institutes' norms. The candidates have to qualify for the entrance exam as well as have to be eligible for the counselling session as per the respective institute's rules. The eligible criteria will differ as per the different universities/colleges. The candidates also have to carry their original documents for the document verification process.
NATA counselling would take place after the results are announced by the Council Of Architecture. No separate counselling would be held for NATA 2021. The candidate needs to book slot timing for further rounds of the NATA 2021 Procedure.
Participating universities/institutes would conduct counselling and the interested candidates could check the official website of the NATA 2021 to know more. All the required documents would be verified during the time of counselling of NATA 2021. In the case of impersonation, a candidate would be disqualified from NATA 2021 counselling.
Make sure that you take all the essential details when you go to the NATA 2021 counselling.
All those candidates who successfully qualify for the NATA 2021 exam are eligible to appear in the counselling procedure. Seats are allotted only to those candidates who will visit the counselling centre and attend the counselling procedure in a complete manner. Steps involved in NATA 2021 counselling procedure are as follows:
Step 1: Online Registration
- The candidates must visit the official website of NATA 2021 and he will find a link for counselling.
- The candidates must enter details such as Name, Date of Birth, Application Number, Roll Number, and Password.
- Thereafter the candidates need to pay the counselling fee of NATA 2021 through Debit Card/Credit Card/E-Challan/Net Banking. After the successful registration of counselling, the candidate needs to login to their account.
Step 2: Online Choice filling and Choice locking
- The candidates can select the colleges and the branch of their choice and need to lock it.
- The candidates need to be careful while choosing the colleges and branch because choice once locked cannot be changed.
- The choices need to be locked before the deadline given by the NATA 2021 committee.
Step 3: Seat Allocation and Document Verification
- Allocation of seats for candidates will be done on the basis of NATA 2021 rank scored by the candidates, vacancies, and choices filled by the candidates.
- The candidates have to pay the requisite amount of fee to confirm the allotment of the seat.
- The officials of NATA 2021 will check all the documents of the candidates and will issue a provisional admission letter to the candidates on completion of the counselling of NATA 2021 procedure.
Step 4: Reporting to the allotted institute
- The candidate has to report to the allotted institute with all the documents.
- If the candidate fails to report to the institute, his/her seat will be cancelled by NATA 2021.
Eligibility for Counselling
Candidates who are qualified in NATA 2021, have to meet the eligibility criteria of the institute to which they are seeking admissions. Eligibility criteria will be different from state to state and university to university. It is important for the candidates to read and understand the requisite eligibility criteria before applying.
Documents Required for Counselling
During the NATA 2021 counselling, candidates will have to carry their original documents along with the two sets of photocopies. A list of documents which are listed below is required during the counselling process of NATA 2021. Candidates are suggested to check the list with the respective institutes or counselling authorities before attending the counselling process.
- NATA 2021 Scorecard
- NATA 2021 Admit Card
- Candidate's Counselling Certificate
- Class 10th & 12th Certificate
- SSC Pass Memo
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Candidate Category Certificate
- Integrated Community Certificate
- Candidates 6 Passport Size Photographs
NATA 2021 Result:
To check the NATA 2021 results, candidates will be required to log in to the official website of NATA 2021 by submitting their registered credentials to log in.
NATA 2021 phase -1 exam will be held on 10th April 2021 whereas phase-2 is the 12th June 2021. Soon after the exam is over, the council will release the provisional answer key for NATA 2021.
NATA is conducted twice by CoA every year. Candidates will have the option to appear for either or both of the sessions. Candidates appearing for both the April and July sessions of NATA. 2021 will be issued with separate scorecards for each of the exams. The candidate's scorecard for the April exam will carry the subject-wise marks obtained in the session while the scorecard released for the July exam will carry both the subject-wise marks obtained in this session and the best of both the scores. It may be noted that the best of both the exam scores will be considered for admission to BArch courses.
NATA 2021 result/scorecard will be available in the format given below:
- Marks obtained out of 200 and in each component
- Merit listing – unique based on marks and tie-breaking rules (mentioned in Section 4 above)
- Percentile score based on the merit listing.
Steps to check the NATA 2021 result?
Candidates will be able to check their NATA 2021 scorecard online by following the below steps:
- Visit the official website of NATA
- Open the "NATA 2021" link on the website's homepage
- Click on NATA 2021 result link
- Enter candidate ID and password
- NATA 2021 scorecard will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a print out for future reference
NATA 2021 qualifying score
Below factors will be taken into consideration while calculating the candidate's NATA score:
- At least 25% must be secured in the MCQ portion (30 out of 120)
- At least 25% must be secured in the Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
Aspirants will not qualify for the exam until and unless they satisfy the conditions above. NATA 2021 cut off will be valid only for admission to the 2021-22 session.
NATA 2021 Answer Key:
NATA 2021 answer key for the phase-1 exam will tentatively be released by the Council of Architecture (CoA) in the third week of April, 2021. As the exam is conducted in two phases, the NATA 2021 answer key for phase-2 exam will tentatively be released in the first week of Jun, 2021. To check their answer keys of NATA 2021, candidates will be required to visit the official website of the exam. Candidates may not be required to log on to the official website to check the answer key of respective exam. Council of Architecture (CoA) will release the NATA 2021 answer key only after taking into consideration the responses received against the provisional answer key. It should be noted that there will be no review available for the drawing test and no provision for post publication scrutiny and/or review.
Candidates must note that the last date to raise the objections against the answer key of phase-1 of the exam will be in the third week of April, 2021 whereas the same for the answer key of phase-2 will be in the first week of Jun, 2021. Aspirants will also be given an option to request for re-checking of the machine recorded responses online. For this, aspirants would be required to pay Rs 1000 per response (Question) before the last date
Steps to check NATA 2021 Answer Key and Released Responses:
- Visit the official website of NATA
- Navigate to the “NATA 2021” link
- Click on NATA 2021 response sheet or Answer key
- Enter your NATA application number and password and submit
- Your NATA 2021 response sheet/ answer key will be displayed on the screen
How to submit reviews of NATA 2021 released responses?
Candidates who are not satisfied with the released responses can submit their reviews by paying Rs 500 as the prescribed application fee. Follow the below steps in order to submit reviews against the released responses:
- Once you are done checking the NATA 2021 response sheet
- Click on “Review” tab given at the top of the response sheet
- Click on “Yes, I want to pay for the review”
- Make the online payment of the prescribed fee for the review process
- On successful payment, you will be redirected to the window to submit your reviews
CoA is yet to release the notification for the NATA 2021 exam. The answer key for the exam will be later, candidates can check last year's answer key below.
Highlights on NATA Answer Key 2021
- NATA Answer key has been released for Part A of the question paper only
- The final NATA answer key will be released after the process of challenging the answer key is completed
- The final answer key will contain answers to all the 60 questions asked in Part B of NATA question paper
How to calculate probable marks using NATA Answer key?
- Take the NATA response sheet and the answer key
- Compare the two and calculate the number of correct responses
- Use the official marking scheme – 2 marks for every correct answer
- Finally, tally the marks to get the total NATA score and sectional score
NATA 2021 Eligibility:
NATA 2021 Eligibility Criteria has been revised last year. These are the set of rules that a candidate is required to satisfy in order to appear in NATA exam. These criteria are laid out by the Council of Architecture (CoA). It is necessary to satisfy the standards in order to fill in NATA Application Form.
To become eligible for NATA a candidate is required to fulfill a certain set of eligibility conditions. Mentioned below are the predefined criteria set up by COA:
- Candidates must have obtained 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and also overall 50% aggregate score at 10+2 level.
- Candidates who have passed any 10+3 diploma exam with Mathematics as a subject and scored at least 50% marks are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- Students appearing in class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are eligible to appear in NATA, however, their result will be declared valid after fulfilling the above criteria.
- The marks cannot be rounded off, as if the candidate has secured 49.9% marks in his/her qualifying exam then the marks would be counted as 49.9% only.
- The lower age limit for appearing in NATA has been waived. However, the candidate has to comply with any age constraints that may be specified by the respective Counselling/ Admission Authority.
- A score of NATA 2021 is valid for a period of 12 months i.e. 1 year from the date a candidate appears for NATA exam.
- For students of International/ NRI status, NATA 2021 Eligibility remains the same as it is for the Indian nationals. There is no separate set of Eligibility parameters set for international/NRI candidates who want to appear for NATA 2021
For Admission to B.Arch. Course
Qualifying in NATA 2021 does not constitute a right in favor of the candidates for their admission in any Architecture course unless they have fulfilled all the prescribed requirements as specified by respective counselling and Admission Authorities.
- A candidate who has qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2021 are eligible for admission in B.Arch course.
- The candidate must have obtained 50% marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and in overall 10+2 level as well OR
- The candidate must have passed and attained 50% marks in 10+3 diploma exam with Mathematics as a subject.
- There is no change in NATA 2021 eligibility for SC/ST/OBC or any other special category candidates as well. However, students can ask for reservation schemes while applying for admissions under various admission authorities.
- Also, the criterion mentioned in the General Criteria is applicable for this as well.
Note: Candidates are informed, no direct lateral admission is allowed at any year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification.
Who can take NATA 2021?
NATA 2021 is an entrance test for candidates seeking admission into the first year of the undergraduate degree course in Architecture in India.
The test is designed to assess a candidate’s observation skills, drawing skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and the ability of an applicant to think critically, which are altogether an important concept for getting admission in Bachelor of Architecture. A student must possess these qualities to qualify NATA 2021 with a good score.
As NATA Score is used by admission authorities of different Government, Government aided and unaided schools or colleges that offer Bachelor's degree in Architecture. NATA is taken to provide a common base to compare the qualifications of the candidates, in addition to their scores in the qualifying examination.
NATA 2021 FAQs:
Q: I was unable to apply for the April session of NATA 2021. Can I apply for the July session?
A: Yes. The candidates can apply for the July session if in case they have missed the April session.
Q: What is the last date to apply for NATA 2021 July session?
A: The last date for the July session application for NATA 2021 is 12th June.
Q: Who is the conducting body of NATA?
A: Council of Architecture (CoA) is the conducting body of NATA.
Q: What is the mode of the exam?
A: The exam is conducted in online mode for Mathematics and Aptitude Tests.
Q: What is the application fee for NATA?
A: Application fee-
- For General candidates- Rs 4000/-
- For SC/ST candidates - Rs 3000 /-
Q: What are the documents required at the time of counselling?
A: The needed documents at the time of counselling are-
- NATA 2021 Admit Card
- NATA 2021 Score Card
- Class 10 and 12 marks sheet and pass certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate for PwD Certificate
Q: What is the validity of NATA score?
A: The NATA score valid up to 1 year only for admissions to B.Arch./B.Planning program.
Q: What is the duration of the entrance?
A: The duration of the NATA exam is 3 hours.
Q: What is the marking scheme for NATA?
A: The candidate will be awarded with 2 marks for each correct answer while there is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
Q: Is there any foreign center for the exam?
A: Yes, the exam will be conducted in Dubai.
Q: What is the application fee for the candidates who will appear in Dubai center?
A: Yes Candidates opting Dubai as their exam center have to pay an additional fee of INR 10000.
Q: What is the mode of the exam?
A: From this year the NATA entrance exam will be conducted in both online and offline mode.
Q: If two candidates secure the same rank in the test, then on what basis the decision will be taken?
A: If two candidates securing same marks and appearing for counselling, preference will be given to the candidates having higher marks in the qualifying academic exam.
Q: What is the procedure to check NATA result?
A: Here is the procedure to check the NATA result-
- Visit the official website of NATA.
- Click on “Download scorecard for NATA 2021”
- Login with the credentials: Application Number and Password
- Enter the captcha provided
- Click on Login
- Download the NATA 2021 scorecard.