Studying in one of the top educational institutions of the country is every student's dream. Apart from providing quality education, there are institutions that also provides a good ambiance to study, and because of its beautiful campus and surroundings, it will definitely serve as an icing on the cake.
Choosing a college to attend is one of the most difficult decisions a person will make during their academic career. With so many variables and unknowns, it is no the wonder that a high level of stress is associated with this time as a high school upperclassman weighs the options, asks questions of counselors and family members, and visits college campuses in hopes of finding the perfect fit. Not only are young adults attempting to forecast what career they will work within for years to come, they are also choosing the place they will call home for several years. While the factors of tuition cost, living expenses, academic integrity and program reputation are certainly some of the most important to consider, there is also the valuable matter of a college or university's campus condition which should be considered at this time.
1. Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee:
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (abbreviated IIT Roorkee or IITR), formerly University of Roorkee and Thomason College of Civil Engineering is a public technical and research university located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India. Established in 1847 in British India by the then lieutenant governor, Sir James Thomason, it is the second oldest technical institution in Asia. It was given university status in 1949 and was converted into an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in 2001, thus becoming the seventh IIT to be declared. IIT Roorkee has 22 academic departments covering Engineering, Applied Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences and Management programs with a strong emphasis on scientific and technological education and research. IIT Roorkee's contribution towards the international community in science and technology include the courses and training programs run for developing countries. Every year students from more than 50 countries join IIT Roorkee for full-time or short-term training courses. The environment is too good. The location is very beautiful, you will always feel very natural, no pollution. With natural beauty and greenery to blow your mind the campus is situated at the foothill of the Himalayas, in Haridwar district
- Internationally, IIT Roorkee was ranked 383 in the QS World University Rankings of 2020.
- Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT Roorkee), has been ranked 3rd amongst IITs in Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2019.
- IIT Roorkee top recruiters include Cognizant, HDFC Bank, Vedanta, GAIL Limited, OYO, Zomato, Snapdeal, Deloitte, Indian Oil, IDBI Bank, Bank of India, Tata Consultancy Services, Bajaj Allianz, Jindal Group, Bank of Baroda, Bajaj, etc.
- Three students from IIT Roorkee have bagged job offers of Rs 1.54 crore per annum each from an American multinational company (MNC). This is the highest ever package received by any student at the premier engineering institute.
2. Graphic Era University:
Graphic Era Deemed to be University is an institute of higher education in Clement Town, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. The university was founded as 'Graphic Era Institute of Technology' in 1993, In 2008 it was accorded the status of Deemed to be University. Graphic Era is ranked as the top institute in engineering in the state. The MHRD has given Graphic Era the 104th rank in the overall ranking of top institutes in the country.
The university offers BBA, B.Tech, B.Com, B.Sc, M.Tech, M.Sc, MBA, M.Tech and MHM courses. The institute has partnered with Tata Technologies and IBM to create next age Engineering Professionals through Industry Collaborations. This university ranked one in Dehradun for its infrastructure, so you must visit Graphic Era University. Overall, they provide you with good infrastructure. They have their own PGs and hostels. Placements are outstanding. The university takes employment of students very seriously. It is sure to be placed before even completion of your degree.
- Top recruiting companies like SNS DESIGNS, Cisco and Adobe, visit the campus for placements.
- There was a student of B. TECH (Petroleum Engineering) who got placed on a package of around 55 lac per Annum in the year 2019. Various other packages are 40 lacs p.a and 43.95 lacs p.a was provided by Adobe. A package of 20 lacs above p.a was provided by Zscalar.
3. NIT Srinagar:
National Institute of Technology, Srinagar is considered one of the premier technology institutes in North India. It was established in 1960 as Regional Engineering College is one of eighteen such sponsored by the Government of India. The REC was converted into a fully autonomous NIT in August 2003 and an institute of national importance pursuing education, training, and research in Engineering and Science. The campus of NIT Srinagar is very beautiful and very serene. The view of Dal lake and the mountains from the campus is extremely beautiful and breathtaking. The environment in NIT Srinagar is very friendly.
- NIT Srinagar was ranked 21 in best engineering college ranking by India today.
- NIT Srinagar has a separate placement cell established to ensure that each and every student gets placed before leaving the college and fortunately every year the college receives almost 100% placement target.
- The placement cell of NIT Srinagar brings reputed companies on board such as TATA, Wipro, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Polaris, Oracle for the campus placements of NIT Srinagar.
4. University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES):
The University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is a private university located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India specializing in fields of petroleum, energy, and power. Established in 2003, it has been expanding its business and legal studies. The campus is located in Dehradun, which is well connected and in proximity to popular Himalayan tourist destinations such as Mussoorie, Auli and the Hindu holy cities of Haridwar and Rishikesh along with the Himalayan pilgrimage circuit of Char Dham. University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies is ranked No. 1 Private Institute in Uttarakhand by Outlook-ICARE 2019 and ranked 56th in National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) of MHRD in the Management Category. The UPES Dehradun has emerged as an innovative institution offering industry-focused specialized graduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in key areas such as Energy, Infrastructure, Transportation, etc. The university takes employment of students very seriously. It is sure to be placed before even completion of your degree.
- Top recruiting companies like Accenture, Wipro, Amazon, Samsung, visit the campus for placements.
- The university has an overall placement record of 94% whereas, the placement record of the BTech program was 95%. The students have got 800 job offers from various top-notch organizations.
Also Read Here, What Makes UPES (University of Petroleum and Energy Studies)Unique?
5. Govind Ballabh Pant Institute of Engineering and Technology(GBPIET):
Govind Ballabh PantInstitute of Engineering & Technology, Pauri is an Institute with total commitment to quality and excellence in academic pursuits. The College was established in 1989, as an autonomous body, with a view to fulfill the ever-growing demand for well-trained professionals. It is one of the few premier colleges imparting technical education in the state of Uttarakhand. It was created in 1989 and named after the memory of the first Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, statesman and Bharat Ratna recipient Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant.
- Located in the Garhwal Himalayas, 7000 ft. above the sea level, the campus has a quiet, congenial, hilly and pollution-free environment which surely feels like a paradise.
- The institute offers courses in MCA, M. Tech, and B. Tech. The college provides seven undergraduate, five postgraduate, and six doctoral courses.
- 20-30% of students got placed the highest salary is around 8.5 Lacs per annum the lowest is 2.5 Lacs and average is 3.5 Lacs top recruiting companies are Wipro TCS Bhel Adobe companies from which internship are BSNL ONGC BEL.
Higher education is an expensive affair and is nothing less than an investment in your future. So, whichever amount you might be ready to invest in your higher studies, the expected return on investment (ROI) in terms of the promise of a rewarding career and a solid breakthrough in terms of campus placement is the major decisive factors while choosing a college. Every student dreams to study in one of the top educational institutions of the country. This top University ranking exhibits its strength and facilities available for students for excellence and how an institution stands in giving its students a head-start in their career after they complete their course.
Read Here, Top Engineering Colleges in Bangalore