BCA stands for Bachelors in Computer Application, is a 3-year professional undergraduate degree program that aims mainly at computer application concepts for students who want to build their career in Information Technology. The strong point of the BCA course is to provide computer knowledge in practical and theory as well.
Generally, the BCA course is categorized into 6 semesters that consist of subjects such as programming languages, networking, data structure, and so on in most of the colleges. This study program gives a deep insight into the field of computers and their applications. A few of the core specializations of this course are Data Structures, Computer Networks, Database Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security, Visual Effects (VFX), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Big Data Analysis, etc.
The eligibility criteria for the BCA course is that candidates should have a background in mathematics and computer science in class 12. As most of the industry relies upon computer applications for efficient works that’s why this course has a large scope in industries.
Read here: Career Guide for Application Software: Jobs, Salary, Eligibility
Popular BCA Courses:
In India, there are several courses or specializations are provided by different colleges as mentioned above. Following are the different courses or specializations available in the field of BCA course:
- Computer Graphics
- Programming Languages
- Database Management
- Systems Analysis
- Word Processing
- Internet Technologies
- Cyber Law
- Software Testing
- Music and Video Processing
- Personal Information Management
- Hardware & Security
- Big Data Analysis
- Cloud Computing
- Distributed Algorithms
- Cyber Security
- Network Administration, etc.
BCA courses scopes
The graduates from BCA courses can get several opportunities in both the govt. and private sectors. Candidates can do the job or can go for higher studies after the completion of the course as there is a huge scope in the field of BCA and mentioned below are some of the examples of them:
- Students can go for advanced courses such as MCA and Ph.D. if they want to opt for higher studies or any research programs in this field. The MCA program can be specialized in systems development, systems management, management information system, etc.
- After a BCA degree, there are several opportunities for candidates in different govt. sectors such as a bank, defense, etc. For entry into these Government sectors, there are various entrance exams that are conducted such as UPSC, SSC CGL, SSC, etc. Only BCA degree holders can apply for these graduate-level entrance exams.
- And the government organizations such as the Indian Army, NIC, Indian Air Force, and Indian Navy also hire a large number of computer professionals for their IT department.
- India has seen the rise of the IT sector probably like no other nation in the world that has created massive job opportunities for BCA graduates. There are several leading software IT companies or Multi-National Companies that offer huge job opportunities to BCA graduates.
BCA courses jobs:
Nowadays, the necessity of IT professionals is rising both in India and abroad as this field offers plenty of opportunities to make candidates’ career not only in govt. sector but also in the private sector.
The students from BCA courses can find a job in reputed IT companies like TCS, IBM, Wipro, Oracle, Infosys, Google, and so on as they are ready to hire freshers for their organization. After completion of the BCA degree, students can work as Computer Programmers, System Engineers, Web Developers, or System Administrators. Following are some of the common and popular taken up job profiles:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Avg. Salary|
|Computer Programmer||Their job role is to write codes for software using the required language understood by the computer such as C, C++, Python, Java, etc.||INR 5 LPA|
|System Analyst||Generally, they are responsible for designing and analyzing possible techniques to solve business queries with the help of information technology.||INR 6 LPA|
|Software Developer||They are mainly responsible for designing, researching, implementing, and managing the software programs and make sure the easy functioning of the program.||INR 5 LPA|
|Customer Support Technician||Usually, they are responsible for figuring out the solutions to the issues in a computer system like troubleshooting and alike.||INR 3.5 LPA|
Read also: Course Details of Internetworking, Eligibility, Jobs, Salary