LSAT or Law School Admission Test India is an entrance test organized by the Law School Admission Council. This entrance exam is conducted for admitting students to undergraduate and postgraduate law courses. The exam is conducted for short listing the candidates for admitting them in the 85 law colleges spread across the country.
Scoring the LSAT
To score well in LSAT 2021, one must be aware of the exam pattern so that they can prepare accordingly.
The exam is conducted in the online mode and the duration of the exam is 2 hours and 20 minutes. The test is in English and consists of objective type questions. There are four sections based on three subjects. A total of 92 questions are there in the exam.
- Analytical Reasoning: 23 questions
- Logical Reasoning 1: 22 questions
- Logical Reasoning 2: 23 questions
- Reading Comprehension: 24 questions
LSAT India 2021 Subject-wise Preparation Tips
We have compiled a list of preparation tips to approach the different sections in the exam.
- Tips for Reading Comprehension Section
- Increase the reading skills by reading books, blogs and novels.
- Spend ample time to understand the correct meaning of the sentences.
- Keep a time limit to solving passage based questions.
- Improve your vocabulary by playing word games, watching videos or by listening to podcast
Tips for Logical Reasoning Sections
This section has the majority of questions in the exam. This section has two parts. Hence the candidates must carefully prepare for this section.
- Carefully understand the questions before reaching a conclusion.
- Improve your vocabulary to understand heavily worded sentences.
- Clear the concepts so that you can solve the questions based on patterns, sequences and arrangements.
Tips for Analytical Reasoning Section
This section has questions based on graphs, charts and data. Candidates will have to analyze to give the right answers.
- One has to be quick in mental calculations and data analysis.
- Practice mock test papers regularly.
- Understand the question before attempting.
Books for LSAT India preparation 2021
Some books that can help the students with their LSAT 2021 preparation are mentioned below.
- Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning for the CLAT and LLB Entrance Examinations- AP Bhardwaj
- Superprep Book for LSAT India- Pearson VUE
- Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other Law Entrance Examinations: A Workbook- AP Bhardwaj
- Thinking Like a Lawyer: A New Introduction to Legal Reasoning- Frederick Schauer