Since the year 2015, Amity University, Kolkata is offering 70 courses at Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Research levels. Amity University Kolkata is situated at Major Arterial Road(South-East), AA II, Newtown, Kolkata, in West Bengal that is around 13 km away from Durganagar Railway Station. The university has stepped forward to promote research learning and has built 11 research centers for Bio-design, Computer Graphic, Decisions and Ethics, Design Research, Information Technology, Financial Analytics, Robotics, Language and Information, Computer Research in Music and Acoustics, Humanities, and Applied and Behavioral Sciences.
Read here : Amity University Kolkata Admission procedure, Placement details, Courses and Fees
|Year of establishment||2015|
|Mode of education||Full-time|
|Mode of application||Online, Offline|
|Total courses||69 courses across 24 streams|
Amity University Kolkata Campus accepts admissions to various courses based on the performance of the student in the common entrance exam. However, for some courses, a valid score of national level competitive examination is accepted by the university. To apply for any course the candidate needs to fill the application form online at the official website of the University by paying an application fee of INR 1100/- only.
Let's have a look at the eligibility criteria of different UG, PG, and Ph.D. courses.
For UG Courses
- Maximum UG programs at Amity University, Kolkata selection will be based on the scores secured by the candidates in Class 12th or any equivalent course. Then the selected candidates must go through an English Language Test followed by a Personal Interview (PI) round conducted by the University.
- However, based on the scores of NATA and JEE Main Paper 2, B.Arch selection is done.
For PG Courses
- For applying to any PG course, the candidate must have completed his/her graduation. Based on the graduation marks the selected candidates will be invited for English Language Test, and Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD and PI) round conducted by Amity University, Kolkata.
- To get an MBA seat at Amity University, Kolkata, the candidate must have a valid CAT, MAT/XAT, or any national level entrance exam. Then a list of selected candidates will need to attend an English language test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD and PI) round conducted by the University
For Ph.D. Courses
- Selection of Ph.D. candidates is done based on the marks secured in the qualifying exam. The total mark will be calculated including Physical Education, Fine Arts, Performing Arts, vocational and non-written subjects will only be included in the aggregate percentage for the respective disciplines.
There are some scholarship schemes offered by Amity University that grant an annual scholarship amount. These scholarships continue to further years of the program.
1) The students who manage to get a place among the top 5% of the merit list may avail 100% scholarship.
2) The students who have placed in the top 10% of the merit list can get the continuation of a 50% scholarship.
Some meritorious students, who have showcased their talent by securing a good percentage in the last qualifying exams, will be able to avail Amity University Scholarship scheme.
1) Students with 93% aggregate and above ((excluding Physical Education/ Fine Arts / Performing Arts / vocational / non written subjects) in CBSE/ ISC Board of Class XII and 80% in Graduation can get 100% scholarship.
2) On the other hand, students securing 90% aggregate and above (excluding Physical Education/ Fine Arts / Performing Arts / vocational/non-written subjects) in CBSE/ ISC Board of Class XII and 75% in Graduation may avail 50% scholarship.
Courses & Fees:
|B.Com LLB Hons||5 years||7.90 Lakhs|
|BA LLB Hons||5 years||8.90 Lakhs|
|BBA LLB Hons||5 years||10.55 Lakhs|
|LLB||3 years||5.55 Lakhs|
|B.Arch||5 years||9.40 Lakhs|
|B.Com Hons||3 Years||3.87 Lakhs|
|B.Des Fashion Communication||4 Years||3.87 Lakhs|
|B.Des Fashion Design||4 Years||3.72 Lakhs|
|B.Des Fashion Technology||4 Years||3.88 Lakhs|
|B.Ed||2 years||1.60 Lakhs|
|B.El.Ed||4 Years||2.40 Lakhs|
|B.Sc and M.Sc Biotechnology Dual Degree||5 Years||6.35 Lakhs|
|B.Sc Biotechnology Hons||3 Years||3.75 Lakhs|
|B.Sc Chemistry Hons||3 Years||2.28 Lakhs|
|B.Sc Data Science Hons||3 Years||3.33 Lakhs|
|B.Sc Dietetics and Applied Nutrition||3 Years||1.98 Lakhs|
|B.Sc Economics Hons||3 Years||3.51 Lakhs|
|B.Sc Environmental Science||3 Years||2.22 Lakhs|
|B.Sc Geography Hons||3 Years||2.22 Lakhs|
|B.Sc Mathematics Hons||3 Years||2.28 Lakhs|
|B.Sc Nanoscience Hons||3 Years||2.79 Lakhs|
|B.Sc Physics Hons||3 Years||2.28 Lakhs|
|B.Sc Statistics Hons||3 Years||2.28 Lakhs|
|B.Tech and M.Tech Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Integrated||5 Years||11.87 Lakhs|
|B.Tech Artificial Intelligence||4 Years||8.28 Lakhs|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||4 Years||7.52 Lakhs|
|B.Tech Civil Engineering||4 Years||6.96 Lakhs|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||4 Years||8.44 Lakhs|
|B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering||4 Years||6.96 Lakhs|
|B.Tech Mechanical and Automation Engineering||4 Years||6.96 Lakhs|
Amity University conducts a centralized placement drive across all campuses in India. So, the students of Amity University Kolkata can appear for placements with all other Amity students. Amity placement drive begins around August. The University’s motto is 'one student, one job'. Training and Placement Cell of Amity University Kolkata conducts the drive training the students for better communication skills. Apart from these training, seminars, guest lectures, etc, students can take part in various workshops organized for the overall personality development of students.
AMITY UNIVERSITY PLACEMENT RECORDS:
|COMPANY NAME||HIGHEST PACKAGE|
|L&T INFOTECH||10 L|
|FEDERAL BANK||9 L|
|IXIA COMMUNICATIONS||8.50 L|
|STEP2 STRATEGY||7 L|
|TEK SYSTEMS||6 L|
|GEP WORLDWIDE||6 L|
|NESTLE INDIA||6 L|
|GODREJ & BOYCE||5.70 L|
|ADITYA BIRLA CAPITAL||5.50 L|
|ODESSA TECHNOLOGIES INC.||5.50 L|
|OYO ROOMS||5 L|
|MARKS AND SPENCER PLC (M&S)||5 L|
|ROBERT BOSCH ENGINEERING & BUSINESS SOLUTIONS LTD||5 L|
|SQUARE YARDS CONSULTING||4.60 L|
|HDFC BANK||4.23 L|