Schools, colleges and universities have been closed for the last several days due to the corona virus epidemic and lockdown situation across the country. Examinations have been postponed in most places. Schools and colleges have not started in the new semester, so students' studies are being affected. Although online classes have been started at some places. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) and University Grants Commission (UGC) have taken special initiatives. HRD and UGC have released a list of online activities for the lockdown period.
"As we jointly combat COVID 19 by taking preventive and precautionary measures, maintaining social distancing and staying in the confines of our homes/hostels, we can utilise this time productively by engaging in On-line learning," the commission said in a statement.
Following is the list of some of the initiatives along with their access links:
1. UG/PG MOOCs: In this, UG and PG non-technology course material will be available. A SWAYAM UG / PG course will be found on this website. http://ugcmoocs.inflibnet.ac.in/ugcmoocs/moocs_courses.php
2. SWAYAMPRABHA: The content of 32 DTS channels has been made available on it. On this, high quality educational curriculum based content will be available. It will mainly get content on arts, science, commerce performing arts, social science, engineering, technology, law, medicine and agriculture. A teacher, student or any user can join it.
3. e-PG Pathshala: Hosts high quality, curriculum-based, interactive e-content containing 23,000 modules (e-text and video) in 70 Post Graduate disciplines of social sciences, arts, fine arts and humanities, natural & mathematical sciences. https://epgp.inflibnet.ac.in/
4. e-Content courseware in UG subjects:e-content courseware in 87 Undergraduate courses with about 24,110 e-content modules is available on the CEC website at http://cec.nic.in/.
5. SWAYAM Online Course: These 10 portals also include the SWAYAM Online Course itself. For this, teachers can take information about teaching learning. Any user can use it for free without registration.
6. CEC-UGC YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/cecedusat provides access to unlimited educational curriculum based lectures absolutely free.
7. National Digital Library:The next place in this list is the National Digital Library of Learning Course. A large amount of academic content is available on this website for students. This content is also in different formats in Indian languages. There will also be a lot of study material for researchers and learners. https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in
8. Shodhganga: https://shodhganaa.inflibnet.ac.in is a digital repository platform of 2,60,000 Indian Electronic Theses and Dissertations for research students to deposit their Ph.D. theses and make it available to the entire scholarly community in open access.
9. e-Shodh Sindhu: provides current as well as archival access to more than 15,000 core and peer-reviewed journals and a number of bibliographic, citation and factual databases in different disciplines from a large number of publishers and aggregators to its member institutions including centrally-funded technical institutions, universities and colleges that are covered under 12(B) and 2(f) Sections of the UGC Act.
10. Scholar (Vidwan): In this, a lot of database information has been provided by the subject experts for the researcher. It is made available by Inflibnet. https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in
Also Read Here, FAKE ALERT...!!! Check Out The List Of Fake Universities By UGC