The Broadcast Journalism course focuses on the techniques of news writing and the related ethical and legal issues. In this course, students will learn how to write, gather, and edit news, it also includes writing sports articles. This course aims to create students with relevant passion, highest communication standards, and help them in gaining proper experience in the journalism world. The course is designed to enhance the study in major areas of journalism such as news broadcasting and the newspaper including the relevant internet and the magazines. The basic methods of conducting the interviews, getting information, writing clear, organizing the story, writing leads, and develop research skills.
What the course focuses on?
- Gathering news from different sources.
- Editing and writing news, sports journals, or articles.
- Understanding the legal and ethical issues of the country.
- Analyzing the current trends of news.
- Keeping updated with the events occurring in the diversified world.
||Master/Postgraduate and Diploma
- M.A in Broadcast Journalism (Master/Postgraduate): 2 Years
- Diploma in Broadcast Journalism (Diploma): 2 Years
||Varies with course
||Merit and Entrance based admission
||Impact Guru, BBC, AIR, ZEE TV, STAR TV, Market Times TV, Doordarshan, IndiaToday, etc
|Top Career Scopes
||Advertising Art Director, Broadcast Engineer, Content Writer
The topmost colleges for the course study here are :
|M.A in Broadcast Journalism
- Candidates should have completed their graduation or any equivalent degree from a recognized college or university.
- The minimum marks should be 55% or above in their graduation level.
- Students with strong communication skills are given first preference.
|University or State-based entrance exams
|Diploma in Broadcast Journalism
- Students should have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board.
- The minimum marks should be 50% or above in the last academic exam.
- Students with strong communication skills are given first preference
|Merit and University or State-based entrance exams
- Good knowledge of English
- The idea of media production and communication.
- Concentration ability
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent Interaction skills.
- Interpersonal skills
M.A. Broadcast Journalism
|Introduction to Broadcast Journalism
||International Broadcasting Laws
|Programme Dev. In Broadcast Journalism
|Film and TV Production
|Regulatory Framework of Broadcasting
|TV and Social Change
Diploma in Broadcast Journalism
|Introduction to Mass Communication and Communication Technology
||History and theories of Broadcast Journalism
||Research for News and Sources of News Reporting
|Media for social change: development communication
||Understanding news, news writing, and reporting for TV & Radio
|Indoor & Outdoor Photography
||Video production: videography & studio lighting
|Sound for video production
|Basic computer applications
|News Anchoring, Interview for Television, Voice Over, Body Language
||Introduction to media management
|Media law & ethics
||Radio & Television current affairs program
Admission into Broadcast Journalism is done through entrance examinations conducted either by the university, state, or national level entrance examinations like IIMC Entrance Exam. Some colleges also accept direct admission on the basis of merit considering the marks obtained in the last academic exam.
The top entrances for the course study here are :
1. IIMC Entrance Exam
- Exam Level: University Level
- Mode of Exam: Pen-paper based Test
- Duration of Exam: 120 minutes
2. Jamia Milia Islamia Entrance Exam
- Exam Frequency: Once a year
- Exam Mode: Offline
- Exam Level: National Level Entrance Exam
3. Symbiosis International University SET
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Type of Questions: Multiple-choice questions.
- Exam Mode: Online mode.
4. MU-OET Manipal University
- Exam Mode: Online CBT mode
- Type of Questions: Multiple-Choice Questions
- The number of questions: 200 questions
5. XIC OET Xavier Institute of Communications
- Exam Level: National
- Exam Mode: Online
- Total Questions: 150
- Eligibility: The student must have completed his/her graduation from a recognized college or university
|Advertising Art Director
||Rs 2.5 lacs to Rs 5 lacs
||Rs 3.5 lacs to Rs 5.5 lacs
||As per shows/episodes
||Rs 3.5 lacs to Rs 12 lacs
||Rs 2.5 lacs to Rs 9 lacs
||Rs 4.5 lacs onwards
The top recruiters for the course study of Broadcast Journalism are :
- ZEE TV
- STAR TV
- Market Times TV
- Scroll Today News
Top Hiring Cities:
Q: What are jobs in broadcasting?
A: The jobs for the study of the course under Broadcasting are :
- Sports Broadcaster/Announcer
- Radio Show Host
- Disc Jockey
- Radio News Reporter
- TV News Reporter
- Radio Show Producer
Q: What are the top colleges offering a course in Broadcast Journalism?
A: Some of the top colleges are mentioned below:
- Institute of Media, Management and Communication Studies
- Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune
- Jamia Milia Islamia University
- Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
- Christ College, Bangalore
Q: What are the top entrances that a student should appear for a degree in Broadcast Journalism?
A: Some of the top entrances are mentioned below:
Q: What are the different types of broadcasting?
A: There types of broadcasting are :
- Analog Radio
- Digital Radio
- Internet Radio
- Sirius XM
Q: What are the top career profiles associated with the course of Broadcast Journalism?
A: Some of the top career profiles are mentioned below:
- Advertising Art Director
- Broadcast Engineer
- Film/Video Editor
- Content Writer