NMAT is a Management Aptitude Test conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) every year to get admission for the graduate management programs in different B-schools across India. It is conducted in 44 cities across India and in 4 international centers. A candidate is allowed to take a maximum number of 3 attempts.
NMAT 2019 Exam Highlights
|Name of the Exam||NMIMS Management Aptitude Test |
|Exam Conducting Body||Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)|
|Top MBA Colleges that accept NMAT Score||NMIMS, SPJIMR, ISB, XIMB, VIT, ICFAI, Shiv Nadar, SDA Bocconi, L M Thapar, etc.|
|NMAT 2019 Testing Window||75 days between October to December 2019|
|Mode of Exam||Online Computer Based|
|NMAT Application Fee||INR 2500 + GST (for 2019)|
|Number of Sections||3|
|Difficulty Level||Moderate as compared to CAT, XAT, SNAP|
|Required NMAT exam Percentile for MBA admission in Top Colleges||90+|
|Exam application process||Online|
|NMAT Help Desk||7863008300 | [email protected]|
NMAT 2020 Exam Centers:
Domestic Test Centers:
|North||Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi|
|South||Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijaywada|
|East||Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong|
|West||Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara|
|Central||Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur|
International Test Centers:
NMAT 2019 Schedule:
|NMAT 2019 Registration||July 02, 2019 – October 03, 2019 |
|NMAT Scheduling 2019||July 02, 2019 – October 16, 2019 |
|Late Registration ||October 04, 2019 – October 14, 2019 |
|Registration – Retake ||October 05, 2019 – December 14, 2019 |
|Re-scheduling||July 02, 2019 – December 14, 2019 |
|Re-take Scheduling||October 05, 2019 – December 14, 2019 |
|NMAT 2019 Exam Date ||Friday, October 04, 2019 – December 17, 2019 |
21st January 2020
|Last date for Scorecard Download||Tuesday, March 31, 2020 |
|Starting of Registration for PI/CD ||1st March 2020 onwards |
|Dates for GD/PI ||15th March 2020 onwards |
NMAT 2019 Admit card:
- The Admit card of NMAT is generally released in the 1st week of September.
- The candidates can download the admit card on the official website of NMAT by logging in and using their registration number and date of birth.
- The admit card consists of the name of the candidate, their hall number, roll number, address of the exam center, date and timing of the exam with exam guidelines etc.
- Without the admit card, no candidate is allowed to the exam hall.
- The candidates should keep the admit card for future purpose.
How to download the admit card
- Visit the official website of NMAT and click on ‘Download Admit Card’ link.
- Enter your registered email id and password.
- Your admit card will appear on the display screen. Check all the details and then download it.
- Take a print out of the admit card of NMAT and carry it to the exam center along with the photo id proof.
The discrepancy in NMAT Admit Card
Candidates can contact NMAT helpdesk (7863008300/ email@example.com) in case of any discrepancies. Possible errors/ queries may include:
- If your name or any other personal information is misspelled/ incorrect
- If your photograph is not visible
- If you are unable to download admit card despite successful registration
NMAT 2019 Syllabus:
|Language Skills Syllabus||Quantitative Skills Syllabus||Logical Reasoning Skills Syllabus|
|Reading comprehension||Algebra (Linear/Quadratic Equation)||Coding & Decoding|
|English grammar & vocabulary||Number Systems||Numeric Grid|
|English Usage||Quantitative Skills||Series|
|Fill in the blanks||Percentage||Critical Reasoning|
|Synonyms & antonyms||Trigonometry||Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments|
|Idioms, phrases, clauses||Ratio and Proportion||Calendars|
|Sentence error/correction||Line graph, Bar graph, Pie Charts, Tables||Multi-dimensional arrangements|
|Word meaning||Profit and Loss||Syllogisms|
|Statement correction||Average||Statement Conclusions|
|-||2 D and 3 D Geometry, and Statistics||Arrangement|
|-||Time, Speed, and Distance||Course of Action|
|-||Modern Math||Family tree|
|-||Mixture and Solution||-|
|-||Permutations and Combinations||-|
NMAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
NMAT will be conducted in online mode. The question paper consists of 120 multiple choice questions and the time limit is 120 minutes. A total of 32 questions are asked from language part which is to be completed in 22 minutes, 48 from quantitative skills with a time limit of 60 minutes, and 40 from logical reasoning part to be completed within 38 minutes. As announced by GMAC, the NMAT by GMAC exam pattern would remain of moderate difficulty level. Besides, the NMAT 2020 pattern will also remain without any major changes. Given the fact that NMAT pattern 2020, like last year will not have negative marking, the NMAT test takers can expect a good score in NMAT exam.
One of the key attractions in NMAT paper pattern is the facility to retake the NMAT exam in case the NMAT exam score in the first attempt is not satisfactory. You can view your results and then decide to apply to business school or retake the test depending on your comfort with the results you’ve obtained.
|Language Skills||32||22 minutes||96|
|Quantitative Skills||48||60 minutes||144|
|Logical Reasoning||40||38 minutes||120|
NMAT 2019 Exam Feature Details
|NMAT 2019 Exam Features||NMAT 2019 Details|
|Number of sections||3 – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning|
|Medium of the exam||English|
|Exam duration||120 minutes|
|Total number of questions||120|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
NMAT 2019 Cut off:
The candidates will qualify the entrance exam if they secure marks that is equal to or more than the decided cut off marks. The cut off mark also depends on the level of questions, the number of candidates participated in the exam, availability of seats and the previous year cut off too.
The minimum marks or percentile required to appear for further selection rounds in the participating institutes of NMAT by GMAC is known as the cutoff score/percentile. Candidates satisfying the respective NMAT by GMAC cutoff marks of the management institutes will be called for Group Discussion (GD) / Writing Ability Test (WAT) / Case Discussion (CD) and Personal Interview rounds conducted by them.
The admissions to the participating B-schools will completely be based on candidate's merit and his/her NMAT by GMAC 2019 cutoff.
Factors Determining NMAT 2019 cut offs
Cut offs for admission through NMAT are determined on the basis of several factors, like:
- Number of seats in the particular course
- Difficulty level of NMAT exam
- Number of NMAT application forms received
- Number of candidates who appeared in the exam
- Past years cut offs and admission trend
NMAT 2019 Application Process:
How to apply for NMAT 2019
For NMAT by GMAC registrations, the candidates are required to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official NMAT 2019 registration website
- Click on the ‘Register Now’ if you are a first time applicant
- A registration window will open where you will have to provide basic details like name, phone number, email ID and click on 'Register' button
- After registration, candidates will receive their user id and password
- Fill the NMAT application form with academic details, personal details and work experience, etc.
- Select five B-schools for sending NMAT by GMAC scores
- Upload scanned copy of your passport size photograph. The photo should resemble the your photo in at least one Photo ID proof to be carried on the exam day
- Next, pay the NMAT registration fee using any of the options - Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, VISA, and Mobile Wallets
- After the payment has been done, you will be able to book your exam slot and download NMAT admit card
NMAT 2020 Application Fee:
The registration fee is to be paid through any one of the online transaction ways- Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/American Express card/Diners card/IMPS/UPI/Mobile wallets.
|NMAT 2019 Application Specification||Application Fee|
|Test Registration (regular fee)||Rs 2000 + applicable charges|
|Test Registration (Late)||Rs 2500 + applicable charges|
|Retake exam fee||Rs 2000 + applicable charges|
|Reschedule||Rs 1100 + applicable charges|
|Request for sending NMAT Scores to B-schools other than first five||Rs 200 per B-school + applicable charges|
NMAT 2019 Counselling:
- NMAT cut off is the minimum score required to be eligible for admission to the institute
- These cut offs are determined individually by the NMAT participating institutes
- Some institutes release their cut off as scores, while some release at percentile
- Some institutes fix different cut offs for different MBA/PGDM programmes
After the release of the result, qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling session with required documents. The allotment of the seats will be done according to the merits and no of applicants in the entrance test. The process of counselling is expected to be held in last week of April 2020. The document verification, confirmation of application will be held after date is announced.
The selection process of NMAT 2019 comprises of 3 stages:
- Marks scored in NMAT 2019
- Case Discussion
- Personal Interview
- Academic record
- Work Experience
- Academic/Gender diversity
Once a candidate qualifies the cut-off, he is called for case discussion (also known as group discussion). Candidates are asked to present their case among a group of people on the given topic. Shortlisted candidates are called for Personal Interview.
During the preparation of final merit list, work experience is also considered. Selected candidates can download their call letter from the official website.
Given below is a pie chart about the percentage of students who registered for NMAT from different backgrounds:
Here is a pie chart showing the registration of candidates from various geographic regions of the country:
NMAT 2019 Result:
The result of NMAT 2020 is expected to be released in 3rd week of Jan 2020. Candidates can obtain their scores from the official website using their user id and password. The result consists of the section-wise as well as the overall marks of the candidates. The name of the qualified candidates take place in the merit list and they can appear in the counselling process.
Your NMAT Score card is published on the offiicial NMAT by GMAC exam website nmat.org.in after a month from your exam date. These are the window wise NMAT results published periodically after 4-5 weeks from the date of your taking the exam. Your score card will be updated with scaled scores for all the attempts.
How to check NMAT 2019 Score Card