NMAT is a Management Aptitude Test conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) every year to get admission for the graduate management programs in different B-schools across India. It is conducted in 44 cities across India and in 4 international centers. A candidate is allowed to take a maximum number of 3 attempts.
NMAT by GMAC or NMAT is a national-level MBA entrance test conducted for admission to NMIMS University.
NMAT 2021 Exam Highlights
|Name of the Exam||NMIMS Management Aptitude Test|
|Exam Conducting Body||Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)|
|Top MBA Colleges that accept NMAT Score||NMIMS, SPJIMR, ISB, XIMB, VIT, ICFAI, Shiv Nadar, SDA Bocconi, L M Thapar, etc.|
|Mode of Exam||Online Computer Based|
|NMAT Application Fee||INR 2500 + GST (for 2019)|
|Number of Sections||3|
|Difficulty Level||Moderate as compared to CAT, XAT, SNAP|
|Required NMAT exam Percentile for MBA admission in Top Colleges||90+|
|Exam application process||Online|
|NMAT Help Desk||7863008300 | [email protected]|
NMAT 2021 Exam Centers:
Domestic Test Centers:
|North||Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi|
|South||Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijaywada|
|East||Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong|
|West||Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara|
|Central||Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur|
International Test Centers:
NMAT 2021 Schedule:
|Additional Window Registration/Scheduling Start Date||Monday, January 18, 2021||Sunday, January 31, 2021|
|Re-scheduling||Monday, January 18, 2021||Friday, January 29, 2021|
|Additional Window Exam Delivery||Tuesday, February 02, 2021||Monday, February 08, 2021|
NMAT Admit card:
1. The Admit card of NMAT is generally released in the 1st week of September.
2. The candidates can download the admit card on the official website of NMAT by logging in and using their registration number and date of birth.
3. The admit card consists of the name of the candidate, their hall number, roll number, address of the exam center, date and timing of the exam with exam guidelines etc.
4. Without the admit card, no candidate is allowed to the exam hall.
5. The candidates should keep the admit card for future purpose.
How to download the admit card
Step.1- Visit the official website of NMAT and click on ‘Download Admit Card’ link. The admit card link will be available on the website.
Step.2- Enter your registered email id and password.
Step.3- Your admit card will appear on the display screen. Check all the details and then download it.
Step.4- Take a print out of the admit card of NMAT and carry it to the exam center along with the photo id proof.The discrepancy in NMAT Admit Card
Candidates can contact NMAT helpdesk (7863008300/ email@example.com) in case of any discrepancies. Possible errors/ queries may include:
a. If your name or any other personal information is misspelled/ incorrect
b. If your photograph is not visible
c. If you are unable to download admit card despite successful registration
To give NMAT entrance the NMAT schedules and NMAT syllabus regarding this is very important.
NMAT 2021 Syllabus:
To crack any type of exam the syllabus regarding that exam very necessary. candidates preparing for NMAT entrance must have knowledge of NMAT schedules and the NMAT exam pattern as well as the cutoff too. The syllabus of NMAT is given below-
Language Skills Syllabus
Quantitative Skills Syllabus
Logical Reasoning Skills Syllabus
|Reading comprehension||Algebra (Linear/Quadratic Equation)||Coding & Decoding|
|English grammar & vocabulary||Number Systems||Numeric Grid|
|English Usage||Quantitative Skills||Series|
|Fill in the blanks||Percentage||Critical Reasoning|
|Synonyms & antonyms||Trigonometry||Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments|
|Idioms, phrases, clauses||Ratio and Proportion||Calendars|
|Sentence error/correction||Line graph, Bar graph, Pie Charts, Tables||Multi-dimensional arrangements|
|Word meaning||Profit and Loss||Syllogisms|
|Statement correction||Average||Statement Conclusions|
|-||2 D and 3 D Geometry, and Statistics||Arrangement|
|-||Time, Speed, and Distance||Course of Action|
|-||Modern Math||Family tree|
|-||Mixture and Solution||-|
|-||Permutations and Combinations||-|
NMAT 2021 Exam Pattern:
NMAT will be conducted in online mode. The question paper consists of 120 multiple choice questions and the time limit is 120 minutes. A total of 32 questions are asked from the language part which is to be completed in 22 minutes, 48 from quantitative skills with a time limit of 60 minutes, and 40 from the logical reasoning part to be completed within 38 minutes. As announced by GMAC, the NMAT by GMAC exam pattern would remain of moderate difficulty level. Besides, the NMAT 2021 pattern will also remain without any major changes. Given the fact that NMAT pattern 2021, like last year will not have negative marking, the NMAT test takers can expect a good score in NMAT exam.
One of the key attractions in NMAT paper pattern is the facility to retake the NMAT exam in case the NMAT exam score in the first attempt is not satisfactory. You can view your results and then decide to apply to business school or retake the test depending on your comfort with the results you’ve obtained.
|Language Skills||32||22 minutes||96|
|Quantitative Skills||48||60 minutes||144|
|Logical Reasoning||40||38 minutes||120|
NMAT 2021 Exam Feature Details
|NMAT 2021 Exam Features||NMAT 2021 Details|
|Number of sections||3 – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning|
|Medium of the exam||English|
|Exam duration||120 minutes|
|Total number of questions||120|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
To know about syllabus: Click Here
NMAT 2021 Cut off:
NMAT is a Management Aptitude Test conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) every year to get admission for the graduate management programs in different B-schools across India.
The candidates will qualify the entrance exam if they secure marks that is equal to or more than the decided cut off marks. The cut off mark also depends on the level of questions, the number of candidates participated in the exam, availability of seats and the previous year cut off too.
The minimum marks or percentile required to appear for further selection rounds in the participating institutes of NMAT by GMAC is known as the cutoff score/percentile. Candidates satisfying the respective NMAT by GMAC cutoff marks of the management institutes will be called for Group Discussion (GD) / Writing Ability Test (WAT) / Case Discussion (CD) and Personal Interview rounds conducted by them.
The admissions to the participating B-schools will completely be based on candidate's merit and his/her NMAT by GMAC 2019 cutoff.
Factors Determining NMAT 2021 cut offs
Cut offs for admission through NMAT are determined on the basis of several factors, like:
i. Number of seats in the particular course
ii. Difficulty level of NMAT exam
iii. Number of NMAT application forms received
iv. Number of candidates who appeared in the exam
v. Past years cut offs and admission trend
Candidates most have knowledge about the NMAT Exam Schedules, NMAT Pattern, and NMAT Results too
NMAT 2021 Application Process:
NMAT is a Management Aptitude Test conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) every year to get admission for the graduate management programs in different B-schools across India. It is conducted in 44 cities across India and in 4 international centers. To give the NMAT entrance candidates most have fill the application form. candidates are request to check the NMAT eligibility criteria and also check the NMAT dates and NMAT Syllabus too.
How to apply for NMAT 2021
1. For NMAT by GMAC registrations, the candidates are required to follow the steps given below:1. Visit the official NMAT 2021 registration website.
2. Click on the ‘Register Now’ if you are a first time applicant
3. A registration window will open where you will have to provide basic details like name, phone number, email ID and click on 'Register' button
4. After registration, candidates will receive their user id and password
5. Fill the NMAT application form with academic details, personal details and work experience, etc.
6. Select five B-schools for sending NMAT by GMAC scores
7. Upload scanned copy of your passport size photograph. The photo should resemble your photo in at least one Photo ID proof to be carried on the exam day
8. Next, pay the NMAT registration fee using any of the options - Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, VISA, and Mobile Wallets
9. After the payment has been done, you will be able to book your exam slot and download NMAT admit card
Click Here, to Register for NMAT 2021
NMAT 2021 Application Fee:
The registration fee is to be paid through any one of the online transaction ways- Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/American Express card/Diners card/IMPS/UPI/Mobile wallets.
|NMAT 2021 Application Specification||Application Fee|
|Test Registration (regular fee)||Rs 2000 + applicable charges|
|Test Registration (Late)||Rs 2500 + applicable charges|
|Retake exam fee||Rs 2000 + applicable charges|
|Reschedule||Rs 1100 + applicable charges|
|Request for sending NMAT Scores to B-schools other than first five||Rs 200 per B-school + applicable charges|
NMAT 2021 Counselling:
NMAT is a Management Aptitude Test conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) every year to get admission for the graduate management programs in different B-schools across India. The cutoff is on of the important thinks to get admission. The brief idea regarding the cut off is given below-
1. NMAT cut off is the minimum score required to be eligible for admission to the institute
2. These cut offs are determined individually by the NMAT participating institutes
3. Some institutes release their cut off as scores, while some release at percentile
4. Some institutes fix different cut offs for different MBA/PGDM programmes
After the release of the result, qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling session with required documents. The allotment of the seats will be done according to the merits and no of applicants in the entrance test. The document verification, confirmation of application will be held after date is announced.
The selection process of NMAT 2021 comprises of 3 stages:
1. Marks scored in NMAT 2021
2. Case Discussion
3. Personal Interview
4. Academic record
5. Work Experience
6. Academic/Gender diversity
Once a candidate qualifies the cut-off, he is called for case discussion (also known as group discussion). Candidates are asked to present their case among a group of people on the given topic. Shortlisted candidates are called for Personal Interview.
During the preparation of final merit list, work experience is also considered. Selected candidates can download their call letter from the official website.
Given below is a pie chart about the percentage of students who registered for NMAT from different backgrounds:Here is a pie chart showing the registration of candidates from various geographic regions of the country:
NMAT 2021 Result:
Candidates can obtain their scores from the official website using their user id and password. The result consists of the section-wise as well as the overall marks of the candidates. The name of the qualified candidates take place in the merit list and they can appear in the counselling process.
Your NMAT Score card is published on the offiicial NMAT by GMAC exam website nmat.org.in after a month from your exam date. These are the window wise NMAT results published periodically after 4-5 weeks from the date of your taking the exam. Your score card will be updated with scaled scores for all the attempts.
How to check NMAT 2021 Score Card
To check NMAT result and download the scorecard, candidates will be required to follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of NMAT by GMAC
- Step 2: Click on login and enter your username (E-mail id) and password for NMAT by GMAC
- Step 3: Your result for NMAT 2021 will be displayed
- Step 4: Click on save/download
Details mentioned on NMAT result cum scorecard
NMAT by GMAC result cum scorecard will mention the following details:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s NMAT 2021 registration number
- Scaled score of each section of NMAT
- Total score (scaled) of the candidate
- Final NMAT Percentile
NMAT 2021 Answer key:
- The NMAT 2021 answer key will be released after the exam is over
- The candidates have to check it in the official website.
- The candidates can also download their answer sheet available in the official website.
- To download the answer key of NMAT 2021, candidates have to use their registration number and password.
How is NMAT Score CalculatedNMAT score is calculated in 3 ways:
Scaled Score- All the test forms will be put together for comparison to decide on the raw score obtained in the test by the applicants on a common scale.
Historical Percentile Ranking- The historical percentile ranking is the percentile score relative to the previous year score of the candidates. The pool candidates appearing for the test may change but the score obtained finally by the last pool of candidates is considered while preparing the current score. Therefore, the ranking secured by any candidate is called historical percentile ranking as it is the ranking which the candidate has obtained relative to the past year score.
Final Percentile Score- This is the final score of the candidate. Candidates can obtain them from the official website of NMAT.
NMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) the NMAT conducting authority has announced the NMAT by GMAC 2021 Eligibility Criteria to appear in the NMAT exam. Although NMAT 2021 Eligibility criteria define the NMAT eligibility to appear in the exam, it does not include the eligibility criteria of the MBA college for admission. GMAC has advised the candidates to look for the eligibility criteria for the selected MBA/PGDM programme at the preferred institute before ensuring their NMAT eligibility criteria.
NMAT Eligibility Criteria 2021: Key Points
The NMAT by GMAC eligibility will depend upon the application/admission eligibility criteria of the respective MBA College. However, despite this fact that there is no specific NMAT 2021 eligibility criteria, there are few basic parameters in NMAT by GMAC eligibility criteria 2021 which an applicant needs to appear in NMAT exam and they are:
- The candidate must hold Bachelor’s Degree
- Percentage of minimum marks in graduation should be as per the requirement of MBA college or equivalent CGPA.
- Candidates in final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for NMAT by GMAC 2021
- If selected, the final year candidates will need to comply with the graduation certificate/degree submission requirement of the MBA college by the last date as prescribed by the institute.
- Candidates who have completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) or are waiting for the result can also apply.
- NMAT eligibility does not impose any age bar to appear in NMAT 2021 exam.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution.
- In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution in accordance with its eligibility criteria.
- If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100 as per the MBA college eligibility
- Mere fulfillment of minimum NMAT eligibility criteria 2019 will not ensure consideration for short listing by the institute.
NMAT by GMAC 2021 Eligibility: Important Guidelines
- No specific NMAT by GMAC Eligibility Criteria: NMAT eligibility criteria 2021 have not been separately specified. Anyone with recognized bachelor’s degree below or above 50% marks can appear in NMAT by GMAC 2021 exam.
- Check B-school Admission Criteria: NMAT eligibility criteria 2021 clearly instruct the applicant to check first the eligibility criteria of the MBA college where he/she wants to apply. If the particular MBA college accepting NMAT exam needs minimum 50% marks in graduation, it will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she follows this NMAT eligibility criteria to be considered for admission by the respective institute.
- No Fee Refund, if NMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria Not Matched: One of the key points in NMAT eligibility criteria 2021 is that if the test taker registers for the test and then finds that he/she is not - eligible for admission to the desired program, no NMAT test fee refund will be made.
Q: Who conducts NMAT 2021?
A: NMAT 2021 is conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
Q: Which course can I apply for if I pass the NMAT entrance test?
A: After qualifying the NMAT entrance exam, you can get admission for the graduate management programmes in different B-schools across India.
Q: What are the stages for the selection process of NMAT 2020?
A: There are 3 stages of the selection process-
- Marks scored in NMAT 2021
- Case Discussion
- Personal Interview
Q: What is the age limit for NMAT 2021?
A: The age limit for the NMAT 2021 is 25 years.
Q: Is there any negative marking in NMAT 2021?
A: No there is no negative marking in NMAT 2021.
Q: How many times a candidate can attempt for NMAT in one academic year?
A: In one academic year, a candidate can attempt NMAT entrance for 3 times.
Q: What is the mode of the exam NMAT 2021?
A: The exam is conducted in online mode.
Q: Can a NRI candidate apply for NMAT 2021?
A: Yes, both Indian and NRI candidate can apply for NMAT 2021?
Q: What are the international test centers for NMAT 2021?
A: The international test centers are Kathmandu, Thimphu, Dhaka, Colombo, Srilanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan & Nepal.