The Joint Entrance Examination, also known as JEE Main is held twice every year. This year the exam will be conducted 4 times a year. This exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and is a computer-based test. This exam is organized for enrolling students to 25 IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology), 31 NITs (National Institutes of Technology), and 28 GFTIs (Government Funded Technical Institutes).
Know more: Worried about JEE Mains? Here are Some Last Minute Preparation Tips
Like all other exams, preparation is vital for passing the JEE Main exam with good marks. We have compiled a list of things that a student must keep in mind before going for the JEE Main 2021 exam.
Strategies to ace JEE Main 2021
- One of the most vital things to keep in mind is that you know the syllabus well. Keep a printout of the syllabus before you so that you can look at it when needed. Without having the proper syllabus, you will end up studying unimportant topics and wasting valuable time.
- Preparing a timetable is a good idea so that you can time allotted for all subjects. One must give an hour to study each subject in the exam. Then when this becomes your habit, you can increase the number of hours you devote to study each subject.
- It is very vital to have a grip on the fundamentals of the subject. In that way, you will be able to answer the advanced questions. Devote extra time to deal with the basics. Never jump into solving difficult questions without understanding the core matter.
- After understanding the basics, start solving the questions. Take a good look at the questions and then think and solve the questions. Think before you solve it.
- One must give a mock test every week so that they can be well prepared and also understand the exam pattern well. After completing the test, check for the errors that you have done. This will enable you to understand the mistakes and prevent you from doing them during the actual exam.
- Do not leave the preparation for one day. You have to be consistent and diligent in your efforts. This will keep you prepared and ensure that you can crack the exam with good marks.
- When preparing for the exam, avoid procrastination and backlogs. Complete the to-do-list that you have daily. This will help to remove all the stress and fear associated with the exam. Do not pile up things and keep it for the last moment.
- Engaging in physical activities like exercising, going for a walk or engaging in some sports help you to refresh the mind and keep you active. Engage in meditation to reduce stress levels before the exam.
- Consume healthy food. Avoid street food or too much oily or spicy food. By eating healthy, you will maintain good health.
- Whenever you feel low, talk with your parents, teachers or friends to keep you motivated.
It is a yearlong journey to prepare for JEE Main 2021. Hence, keep yourself motivated and do not lose heart midway. Be positive and you will surely do well in the exams.
Read more: Top 10 Things You Should Learn About JEE Main Preparation