VITEEE-2021 is a Common Entrance Exam conducted every year by the Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) for admission in B.tech on his various campuses like VIT Chennai Campus, VIT Bhupal, and VIT-AP as per the order of merit and availability. Vellore Institute of Technology has started registration for B.Tech on 30th November, 2020 at their official website. The registration for 2021 is available in both online.The last date for registration alloted to candidate is 30th March 2021. The exam is conducted across 120 cities in India and four foreign cities.
Courses Offered under VITEEE-2021:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Fashion Technology
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering.
VITEEE 2021 Highlight:
The VITEEE 2021 is the University level exam conduct by the VIT University, Vellore. A brief idea about the VITEEE 2021 are given in the table below:
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)
Level of exam
Mode of exam
Type of Question
2 Hours 30 Minutes
Frequency of exam
Once in a year
VITEEE 2021 Schedule:
The VITEEE 2021 Schedule for the application form, slot booking, Exam dates, results, etc for VITEEE 2021 is given in the table. Some of the given dates are true whereas some are expected dates through the previous history of VITEEE.
|Starting of Online Application form||30th November 2020|
|Last date to submit the Application form||30th March 2021|
|Slot Booking (PCME or PCBE)||To be announced|
|VITEEE Admit card||NA|
|Exam Date||18th June 2021 to 26th June 2021|
|Rank Declaration||To be announced|
|Counseling Starts||1st week of May , 2021|
VITEEE 2021 Admit card:
After a successful slot booking, the admit card will be generated automatically. The slot booking for VITEEE 2021 will be out soon. The students will be able to get their admit card during the slot booking procedure. Those students who are eligible & will successfully complete the slot booking procedure can get the auto-generated admit cards directly from the website. The candidates need to check their admit cards thoroughly and download the admit card for the exam.
Here is the process to download the admit card
- Step 1: For downloading the admit card of VITEEE 2021 you must first visit the official website of VIT. On the website then search there the link given for download the admit card, when you find the link, click there.
- Step 2: After finding the admit card download link and login thereby using your application number and password, the admit card number and password will be available on you during the slot booking.
- Step 3: After successfully entering the application number and password click on the “Download Admit Card” link to display the admit card.
- Step 4: The admit card will be visible on the screen make sure the information given in the admit card (which are given below) is true. check that thoroughly and carefully.
- Step 5: Download and take a print out of the VITEEE 2021 admit card, the admit card is one of the mandatory documents during the counselling.
Details mentioned in admit card
As mentioned above, the admit card is a must to carry to the exam hall as without admit card no candidate is allowed to enter the exam hall. The admit card carries some of the details about the candidate and the candidates must check the details whether there is any mistake in the admit card and report it to the authorities for rectification.
- Name of candidate: The candidate's name must be the same as that mention in the 10th board certificate make sure during the application submission that the name given by you is valid in your Identity Card.
- Father’s name: The father's name mention in the admit card should match the 10th board certificate as well as in ID prove
- Date of birth: Please check whether the gender of the candidates given in id card is correct or not.
- Gender: Please check whether the gender of the candidates given in id card is correct or not.
- Application number: The application number is one of the important factors in the admit card. According to the application number, your counselling process will be taking place.
- Roll number: According to the roll number in the admit card the entrance hall and the seat will be arranged. The roll number will be provided by VIT University. The roll number is a mandatary thing provides in the admit card, Without roll number the admit card is totally invalid.
- QR code: The QR code is one type of unique hidden data given by VIT University.
- Category of applicant: The category of application is one of the important things for the candidate who belonged to the SC/ST category. The mention of Sub-category also very important.
- VITEEE 2021 exam date and time: The most important things mentioned in the admit card is the date of exam and the reporting time. The candidates have to be reported in the exam centre is the exact given time.
- Reporting time and time for the last entry: The reporting time is also be mentioned in the admit card. the entrance exam will be taken in various phase so the candidate's time may vary. If the candidate will report 30 minutes late during the exam then the candidate will be disqualified for the entrance exam so make sure to reach in reporting time.
- Address of aspirant: The address of the aspirant will also be mention in the admit card that will help the University to send the joining later or any information regarding the admission. So the AT/PO, District, States, etc should be mention correctly in admit card.
- Language (medium) of question paper: The Languages of the exam is English which will be mention in the admit card
- VITEEE exam centre name and address: The entrance examination is cancelled this year. The exam is conducted across 120 cities of India and four foreign cities. Exam centre is one of the important things mentioned the admit card with Exam centre number.
- Passport size photograph: The admit card contains the passport size photograph which is uploaded in the application form. Candidates have to carry a copy of passport size photo to the exam hall.
- Signature: The candidates Uploaded signature also be available in the admit card. If the signature does not match it may create trouble during the hall entry.
- The IP address and date of downloading of admit card: The date of downloading the admit card and IP address is also mentioned in the admit card.
The important thing to carry to the exam hall
There are some of the important things to carry to the exam hall which are very much necessary for the candidates and without which they cannot enter the exam hall-
- VITEEE Admit card 2021: To enter the exam hall the VITEE Admit card is mandatory documents without which you can't even enter the exam hall.
- Valid photo ID: The valid Id card is necessary like Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID Card. without which, the candidate is not allowed to enter the exam hall. In the ID proof the candidate's name as well as the other details like parent name, address, photo, signature. etc must match with the admit card
The things that not to carry in the Exam:
Students should not carry any electronic gadget, mobile phone etc to the exam centre.
VITEEE 2021 Syllabus:
Physics Syllabus for VITEEE 2021:
There approximately 35 MCQs come from the subject Physics. The Physics syllabus contains the subject like matter and Elements, Law of Motion, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic, and conductor. some questions of Physics will become a mathematical derivation.
Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power:
Law of conservation of linear momentum and its applications. Static and kinetic friction - laws of friction -rolling friction - lubrication. Work is done by a constant force and a variable force; kinetic energy - work-energy theorem - power. Conservative forces: conservation of mechanical energy (kinetic and potential energies) - non-conservative; forces: motion in a vertical circle - elastic and inelastic collisions in one and two dimensions.
Properties of Matter:
Elastic behaviour - Stress-strain relationship - Hooke's law - Young's modulus - bulk modulus -shear modulus of rigidity - Poisson's ratio - elastic energy. Viscosity - Stokes' law - terminal velocity -streamline and turbulent flow - critical velocity. Bernoulli's theorem and its applications.Heat - temperature - thermal expansion: thermal expansion of solids - specific heat capacity: Cp, Cv -latent heat capacity. Qualitative ideas of Blackbody radiation: Wein's displacement Law - Stefan's law.
Charges and their conservation; Coulomb’s law-forces between two point electric charges - Forces between multiple electric charges-superposition principles. Electric field – electric field due to a point charge, electric field lines; electric dipole, electric field intensity due to a dipole - behaviour of a dipole in a uniform electric field. Electric potential - potential difference-electric potential due to a point charge and dipole equipotential surfaces – the electrical potential energy of a system of two point charges.Electric flux-Gauss’s theorem and its applications. Electrostatic induction-capacitor and capacitance –dielectric and electric polarisation – parallel plate capacitor with and without dielectric medium –applications of capacitor – energy stored in a capacitor - Capacitors in series and in parallel – the action of points – Van de Graaff generator.
Electric Current – The flow of charges in a metallic conductor – drift velocity and mobility and their relation with an electric current. Ohm’s law, electrical resistance - V-I characteristics – electrical resistivity and conductivity-classification of materials in terms of conductivity – Carbon resistors – colour code for carbon resistors - a combination of resistors – series and parallel – temperature dependence of resistance – internal resistance of a cell – potential difference and emf of a cell - combinations of cells in series and in parallel. Kirchoff’s law – Wheatstone’s Bridge and its application for temperature coefficient of resistance measurement - Metrebridge - a special case of Wheatstone bridge - Potentiometer principle - comparing the emf of two cells.
Magnetic Effects of Electric Current:
Magnetic effect of electric current – Concept of magnetic field - Oersted’s experiment – Biot-Savart law of magnetic field due to an infinitely long current carrying straight wire and circular coil – Tangent galvanometer – construction and working – Bar magnet as an equivalent solenoid – magnetic field lines. Ampere’s circuital law and its application. Force on a moving charge in a uniform magnetic field and electric field – cyclotron – Force on a current-carrying conductor in a uniform magnetic field – Forces between two parallel current-carrying conductors - definition of ampere. Torque experienced by a current loop in a uniform magnetic field - moving coil galvanometer – conversion to ammeter and voltmeter – current loop as a magnetic dipole and its magnetic dipole moment - Magnetic dipole moment of a revolving electron.
Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current:
Electromagnetic induction - Faraday’s law - induced emf and current - Lenz’s law. Self-induction - Mutual induction - self-inductance of a long solenoid - mutual inductance of two long solenoids. Methods of inducing emf - (i) by changing magnetic induction (ii) by changing the area enclosed by the coil and (iii) by changing the orientation of the coil (quantitative treatment).AC generator - commercial generator. (Single phase, three-phase). Eddy current - applications -transformer - long-distance transmission. Alternating current - a measurement of AC - AC circuit with resistance - AC circuit with inductor - AC circuit with capacitor - LCR series circuit - Resonance and Q -factor - power in AC circuits.
Reflection of light, spherical mirrors, mirror formula. Refraction of light, total internal reflection, and its applications, optical fibres, refraction at spherical surfaces, lenses, thin lens formula, lens maker’s formula. Magnification, power of a lens, combination of thin lenses in contact, the combination of a lens and a mirror. Refraction and dispersion of light through a prism. Scattering of the light-blue colour of the sky and reddish appearances of the sun at sunrise and sunset.Wavefront and Huygens’s principle - Reflection, total internal reflection and refraction of plane wave at a plane surface using wavefronts. Interference - Young’s double-slit experiment and expression for fringe width - coherent source - interference of light - Formation of colours in thin films -Newton’s rings. Diffraction - differences between interference and diffraction of the light- diffraction grating. The polarisation of light waves - polarisation by reflection - Brewster’s law - double refraction - Nicol prism - uses of plane polarised light and Polaroids - rotatory polarisation - polarimeter.
Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics:
Electromagnetic waves and their characteristics - Electromagnetic spectrum - Photoelectric effect - Light waves and photons - Einstein’s photoelectric equation - laws of photoelectric emission - particle nature of light - photocells and their applications. Atomic structure – the discovery of the electron – specific charge (Thomson’s method) and charge of the electron (Millikan’s oil drop method) – alpha scattering – Rutherford’s atom model.
Nuclear properties - nuclear radii, masses, binding energy, density, charge - isotopes, isobars, and isotones- a nuclear mass defect - binding energy - stability of nuclei - Bainbridge mass spectrometer. Nature of nuclear forces - Neutron - discovery - properties - artificial transmutation - particle accelerator. Radioactivity - alpha, beta and gamma radiations and their properties - Radioactive decay law - half-life -mean life - artificial radioactivity - radio isotopes - effects and uses - Geiger - Muller counter. Radiocarbon dating. Nuclear fission - chain reaction - atom bomb - nuclear reactor - nuclear fusion - Hydrogen bomb -cosmic rays - elementary particles.
Semiconductor Devices and their Applications:
Semiconductor basics - energy band in solids: the difference between metals, insulators and semiconductors -semiconductor doping - Intrinsic and Extrinsic semiconductors. Formation of P-N Junction - Barrier potential and depletion layer-P-N Junction diode - Forward and reverse bias characteristics - diode as a rectifier - Zener diode-Zener diode as a voltage regulator - LED. Junction transistors - characteristics - transistor as a switch - transistor as an amplifier - transistor as an oscillator. Logic gates - NOT, OR, AND, EXOR using discrete components - NAND and NOR gates as universal gates -De Morgan’s theorem - Laws and theorems of Boolean algebra.
Chemistry Syllabus for VITEEE 2021:
Among 125 Question 35 Questions will come from the chemistry Syllabus. IN chemistry Both Physical Chemistry, Organi Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry will be added there.
Bohr’s atomic model-Sommerfeld’s extension of atomic structure; Electronic configuration and Quantum numbers; Shapes of s,p,d,f orbitals - Pauli’s exclusion principle - Hund’s Rule of maximum multiplicity- Aufbau principle. Emission and absorption spectra, line and band spectra; Hydrogen spectrum – Lyman, Balmer, Paschen, Brackett and Pfund series; deBroglie’s theory; Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle – wave nature of electron – Schrodinger wave equation (No derivation). Eigenvalues and eigenfunctions. Hybridization of atomic orbitals involving s,p and d orbitals.
p,d, and f – Block Elements:
p-block elements – Phosphorous compounds; PCl3, PCl5 – Oxides. Hydrogen halides, Inter halogen compounds. Xenon fluoride compounds. General Characteristics of d – block elements – Electronic Configuration – Oxidation states of first-row transition elements and their colours. Occurrence and principles of extraction: Copper, Silver, Gold and Zinc. Preparation and properties of CuSO4, AgNO3 and K2Cr2O7. Lanthanides – Introduction, electronic configuration, general characteristics, oxidation state – lanthanide contraction, uses a brief comparison of Lanthanides and Actinides.
Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry:
Introduction – Terminology in coordination chemistry – IUPAC nomenclature of mononuclear coordination compounds. Isomerism, Geometrical isomerism in 4-coordinate, 6-coordinate
complexes. Theories on coordination compounds – Werner’s theory (brief), Valence Bond theory. Use of coordination compounds. Bioinorganic compounds (Haemoglobin and
chlorophyll).Lattice – unit cell, systems, types of crystals, packing in solids; Ionic crystals – Imperfections in solids – point defects. X-ray diffraction – Electrical Property, Amorphous solids (elementary ideas only).
Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics:
I and II law of thermodynamics – spontaneous and non-spontaneous processes, entropy, Gibb’s free energy – Free energy change and chemical equilibrium – the significance of entropy.Law of mass action – Le Chatlier’s principle, applications of chemical equilibrium. Rate expression, order and molecularity of reactions, zero order, first order and pseudo-first-order reaction – half-life period. Determination of rate constant and order of the reaction. Temperature dependence of rate constant – Arrhenius equation and activation energy.
Theory of electrical conductance; metallic and electrolytic conductance. Faraday’s laws –theory of strong electrolytes – Specific resistance, specific conductance, equivalent and molar conductance – Variation of conductance with dilution – Kohlrausch’s Law – an Ionic product of water, pH and pH– buffer solutions – use of pH values. Cells – Electrodes and electrode potentials – construction of cell and EMF values, Fuel cells, Corrosion, and its prevention.
Isomerism in Organic Compounds:
Definition, Classification – structural isomerism, stereoisomerism – geometrical and optical isomerism. Optical activity- chirality – compounds containing chiral centres – R, S notation, D, L notation.
Alcohols and Ethers:
Nomenclature of alcohols – Classification of alcohols - the distinction between 10, 20 and 30 alcohols – General methods of preparation of primary alcohols, properties. Methods of preparation of dihydric alcohols: Glycol – Properties – Uses. Methods of preparation of trihydric alcohols - Properties – Uses. Aromatic alcohols – preparation and properties of phenols and benzyl alcohol. Ethers – Nomenclature of ethers – general methods of preparation of aliphatic ethers -Properties – Uses. Aromatic ethers – Preparation of Anisole – Uses.
Nomenclature of carbonyl compounds – Comparison of aldehydes and ketones. General methods of preparation of aldehydes – Properties – Uses. Aromatic aldehydes – Preparation of benzaldehyde – Properties and Uses. Ketones – general methods of preparation of aliphatic ketones (acetone) – Properties – Uses. Aromatic ketones – preparation of acetophenone –Properties – Uses, preparation of benzophenone – Properties. Name reactions; Clemmenson reduction, Wolff – Kishner reduction, Cannizzaro reaction, Claisen Schmidt reaction, Benzoin Condensation, Aldol Condensation. Preparation and applications of Grignard reagents.
Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives:
Nomenclature – Preparation of aliphatic monocarboxylic acids – formic acid – Properties – Uses. Monohydroxy monocarboxylic acids; Lactic acid – Synthesis of lactic acid. Aliphatic dicarboxylic acids; Preparation of oxalic and succinic acids. Aromatic acids; Benzoic and salicylic acids – Properties – Uses. Derivatives of carboxylic acids; acetyl chloride (CH3COCl) –Preparation – Properties – Uses. Preparation of acetamide, Properties – acetic anhydride – Preparation, Properties. Preparation of esters – methyl acetate – Properties.
Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules:
Aliphatic nitro compounds – Preparation of aliphatic nitroalkanes – Properties – Uses. Aromatic nitro compounds – Preparation – Properties – Uses. The distinction between aliphatic and aromatic nitro compounds. Amines; aliphatic amines – General methods of preparation – Properties – Distinction between 10, 20 and 30 amines. Aromatic amines – Synthesis of benzylamine – Properties, Aniline – Preparation – Properties – Uses. Differences between aliphatic and aromatic amines. Aliphatic nitriles – Preparation – properties – Uses. Diazonium salts – Preparation of benzene diazonium chloride – Properties. Carbohydrates – Distinction between sugars and nonsugars, structural formulae of glucose, fructose and sucrose, with their linkages, invert sugar – definition, examples of oligo and polysaccharides,
Amino acids – Classification with examples, Peptides-properties of the peptide bond,
Lipids - Definition, classification with examples, the difference between fats, oils, and waxes.
Mathematics Syllabus of VITEEE 2021:
Math is the subject where the percentage of gating mark is high. match syllabus contains the topic like Trigonometry, Matrices, vector, etc.
Matrices and their Applications:
Adjoint, inverse – properties, computation of inverses, solution of a system of linear equations by matrix inversion method. The rank of a matrix – elementary transformation on a matrix, consistency of a system of linear equations, Cramer’s rule, non-homogeneous equations, homogeneous linear system and rank method. The solution of linear programming problems (LPP) in two variables.
Trigonometry and Complex Numbers:
Definition, range, domain, principal value branch, graphs of inverse trigonometric functions and their elementary properties. Complex number system - conjugate, properties, ordered pair representation. Modulus – properties, geometrical representation, polar form, principal value, conjugate, sum, difference, product, quotient, vector interpretation, solutions of polynomial equations, De Moivre’s theorem and its applications. Roots of a complex number - nth roots, cube roots, fourth roots.
Analytical Geometry of two dimensions:
Definition of a conic – general equation of a conic, classification with respect to the general equation of a conic, classification of conics with respect to eccentricity. Equations of conic sections (parabola, ellipse and hyperbola) in standard forms and general forms- Directrix, Focus and Latus-rectum - a parametric form of conics and chords. - Tangents and normals –Cartesian form and parametric form- equation of chord of contact of tangents from a point (x1,y1) to all the above-said curves. Asymptotes, Rectangular hyperbola – Standard equation of a rectangular hyperbola.
Scalar Product – the angle between two vectors, properties of scalar product, and applications of the dot product. Vector product, right-handed and left-handed systems, properties of vector product, applications of the cross product. Product of three vectors – Scalar triple product, properties of the scalar triple product, vector triple product, vector product of four vectors, scalar product of four-vectors.
Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions:
Direction cosines – direction ratios - equation of a straight line passing through a given point and parallel to a given line, passing through two given points, the angle between two lines. Planes – equation of a plane, passing through a given point and perpendicular to a line, given the distance from the origin and unit normal, passing through a given point and parallel to two given lines, passing through two given points and parallel to a given line, passing through three given non-collinear points, passing through the line of intersection of two given planes, the distance between a point and a plane, the plane which contains two given lines (co-planar lines), the angle between a line and a plane. Skew lines - the shortest distance between two lines, condition for two lines to intersect, point of intersection, collinearity of three points. Sphere – equation of the sphere whose centre and radius are given, equation of a sphere when the extremities of the diameter are given.
Limits, continuity and differentiability of functions - Derivative as a rate of change, velocity, acceleration, related rates, derivative as a measure of slope, tangent, normal and the angle between curves. Mean value theorem - Rolle’s Theorem, Lagrange Mean Value Theorem, Taylor’s and Maclaurin’s series, L’ Hospital’s Rule, stationary points, increasing, decreasing, maxima, minima, concavity, convexity and points of inflexion. Errors and approximations – absolute, relative, percentage errors - curve tracing, partial derivatives, Euler’s theorem.
Integral Calculus and its Applications:
Simple definite integrals – fundamental theorems of calculus, properties of definite integrals. Reduction formulae – reduction formulae for ?sin n x dx and ? cosnx dx, Bernoulli’s formula. Area of bounded regions, length of the curve.
Differential equations - formation of differential equations, order and degree, solving differential equations (1st order), variables separable, homogeneous, linear equations and applications. Second-order linear differential equations - second order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, finding the particular integral if f(x) = emx, sin mx, cos mx, x, x2.
Probability – Axioms – Addition law - Conditional probability – Multiplicative law - Baye’s Theorem - Random variable - probability density function, distribution function, mathematical expectation, variance Theoretical distributions-discrete distributions (Binomial, Poisson distributions)- Continuous distributions (Normal distribution).
Functions–Relations –Sequence and series (AP, GP, HP)- Binomial theorem-Basics of counting. Mathematical logic – logical statements, connectives, truth tables, logical equivalence, tautology, a contradiction. Groups-binary operations, semigroups, monoids, groups, the order of a group, order of an element, properties of groups.
Biology Syllabus for VITEEE 2021:
The biology syllabus of the VITEEE contains the Botany, Zoology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Environments, etc. the biology a broad Syllabus to study. if you are good in biology then this section is not a different task. this section is not even time taking too.
Need for classification; Three domains of life. Linnaean, Whittaker, Bentham and Hooker systems of classification. Salient features and classification of non-chordates up to phyla levels and chordates up to class levels. Morphology and anatomy of flowering plants. Structural organization in insects(cockroach)
Cell and Molecular Biology:
Cell theory. Prokaryotic cell and its ultrastructure. Eukaryotic cell- cell wall, cell membrane, cytoskeleton, nucleus, chloroplast, mitochondria, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi bodies, ribosomes, lysosomes, vacuoles and centrosomes. Cell cycle and division - amitosis, mitosis and meiosis. Search for genetic material; the structure of DNA and RNA; replication, transcription, genetic code, translation, splicing, gene expression and regulation (lac operon) and DNA repair.
Asexual reproduction – binary fission, sporulation, budding, gemmule formation and fragmentation. Vegetative propagation in plants, sexual reproduction in flowering plants and structure of flowers. Pollination, fertilization, development of seeds and fruits, seed dispersal, apomixis, parthenocarpy and polyembryony. Human reproductive system. Gametogenesis, menstrual cycle, fertilization, implantation, embryo development up to blastocyst formation, pregnancy, parturition and lactation. Assisted reproductive technologies.
Genetics and evolution:
Chromosomes - structure and types, linkage and crossing over, recombination of chromosomes, mutation and chromosomal aberrations. Mendelian inheritance, the chromosomal theory of inheritance, deviation from Mendelian ratio (incomplete dominance, co-dominance, multiple allelism, pleiotrophy), sex-linked inheritance and sex determination in humans. Darwinism, neo Darwinism, Hardy and Weinberg’s principle and factors affecting the equilibrium: selection, mutation, migration and random genetic drift.
Human health and diseases:
Pathogens, parasites causing human diseases (malaria, dengue, chikungunya, filariasis, ascariasis, typhoid, pneumonia, common cold, amoebiasis, ringworm) and their control. Basic concepts of immunology, vaccines, antibiotics, cancer, HIV and AIDS. Adolescence, drug and alcohol abuse.
Structure and function of carbohydrates, lipids and proteins. Enzymes – types, properties and enzyme action. Metabolism - glycolysis, fermentation, Kreb’s cycle and pentose phosphate pathway.
Movement of water, food, nutrients, gases and minerals. Passive diffusion facilitated diffusion and active transport. Imbibition, osmosis, apoplast and symplast transport and guttation. Macro and micronutrients and their deficiency symptoms. Transpiration, photosynthesis (light and dark reactions) and electron transport chain. Hormones and growth regulators, photoperiodism and vernalization. Nitrogen cycle and biological nitrogen fixation.
Digestion and absorption, breathing and respiration, body fluids and circulation, excretory system, endocrine system, nervous system, skeletal and muscular systems. Locomotion and movement, growth, aging and death. Hormones - types of hormones, functions, and disorders.
Biotechnology and its applications:
Recombinant DNA technology, applications in health, agriculture and industries; genetically modified organisms; Human insulin, vaccine and antibiotic production. Stem cell technology and gene therapy. Apiculture and animal husbandry. Plant breeding, tissue culture, single-cell protein, fortification, Bt crops, and transgenic animals. Microbes in food processing, sewage treatment, waste management, and energy generation. Biocontrol agents and biofertilizers. Biosafety issues, biopiracy, and patents. Human and rice genome projects. DNA fingerprinting.
Biodiversity, ecology and environment:
Ecosystems: components, types, pyramids, nutrient cycles (carbon and phosphorous), ecological succession and energy flow in an ecosystem; Biodiversity - concepts, patterns, importance, conservation, hot spots, endangered organisms, extinction, Red data book, botanical gardens, national parks, sanctuaries, museums, biosphere reserves and Ramsar sites. Environmental issues: pollution and its control.Solid and radioactive waste management. Climate change impact and mitigation. Population attributes - growth, birth and death rate and age distribution.
Candidates are requested to study all the syllabus thoroughly. The question will be coming from the given syllabus so study it thoroughly.
VITEEE 2021 Exam Pattern:
The VITEEE 2021 exam is the online mode exam. The exam will take place in nearly 120 cities across India and 4 other foreign countries. the mode of exam will be online mode. the total question will be 125 MCQs.
|Number of Questions||125 questions|
|Type of Questions||Objective type (MCQs)|
|Duration||2 & 1/2 hrs|
|Negative Marking||No provision for negative marking.|
Mode of exam:
The VITEEE 2021 exam will be in online mode. The exam will be conducted in various cities in India and abroad. It's a computer-based exam. The candidates are not allowed to take pens or paper to the exam hall nither any electrical gadget. the paper for doing rough will be provided by the exam center.
The number of questions and sections:
A total of 125 questions will be asked by the VITEEE test paper. The question will come from the 6 subjects Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Aptitude, and English. To know more details about the VITEEE syllabus. the mark distribution of that 5 sections are given in the table
|Sections||Total MCQs||Marking system|
Correct answer +1 | No negative mark for the wrong answer
|Chemistry||35||Correct answer +1 | No negative mark for the wrong answer|
|Math and Biology||40||Correct answer +1 | No negative mark for the wrong answer|
|English||5||Correct answer +1 | No negative mark for the wrong answer|
|Aptitude||10||Correct answer +1 | No negative mark for the wrong answer|
The Graphical representation of Subjects and the total number of MCQs:
- Physics: Their total of 35 MCQs will come from the topic of Physics. some of the questions are in the mathematical term. physics are cover the most important topic to secure good marks.
- Chemistry: The subject Chemistry will contain both the 3 branches of chemistry i.e Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry. The 35 MCQs are be mixed in all the branches of chemistry.
- Maths or Biology: The 40 MCQs have come in the subjects Maths and Biology. Biology is the most vital syllabus because biology is containing all the topics related to Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, and Environments. The subjects math contents the part of geometry and arithmetic too.
- English: English is the most common subject which asked in all types of exams. only a total of 5 questions will come from the English sections.
- Aptitude: The aptitude is the easy and important section to get marks but needs to keep practising. section aptitude is the general mental ability test to checks the candidate's dissection making. A total of 10 MCQs will be asked in the VITEEE exam.
- Duration: The Duration of the VITEEE 2021 exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes. the total question is 125 and the total time in minutes is 150 minutes. so time management is very necessary. try to solve all the theoretical questions speedily and save time so that time will be managed in math and reasoning.
- Marking system: The marking system is simple the 125 questions contained 125 marks that mean every correct answer provides you 1 marks whereas no negative mark for the wrong answer. The details regarding the exam pattern are given in the VITEEE 2021 Pattern.
- Exam Language: The VITEEE 2021 exam will be taken in the English Language.
VITEEE 2021 Exam Sample Papers:
The Sample of question pattern link is given below. candidates can check the sample paper by clicking on the respective subjects.
VITEEE 2021 Cut off:
Factors affecting Cutt off-
Cut off is the most important thinks to get admission. cut off is not certain it depends on various factors. There are some factors that are responsible for the decided cut off of every year and those are given below.
There are some factors that are responsible for the decided cut off of every year and those are:
Difficulty Level of Question in VITEEE 2021:
the cut off depends on the Difficulty level of question. how much the question difficult thair will be chances of a low cutoff. if the level of question is low then the cutoff will be high.
Previous year’s cutoff trends:
The cutoff also depends on the previous year cutoff marks. if the previous year cutoff is high then this year cutoff should be near this.
The number of candidates appeared for VITEEE 2021:
The number of candidates who appeared the exam is also a key factor of the cutoff. if the number of candidates is high then the cutoff will be also high. If the candidates are less then the cutoff also low.
The total number of seats available for admissions:
one of the most important factors that give a huge impact on the cutoff is the number of seat availability. if the availability of the seat is high then the cut off will low or vice versa.
VITEEE 2021 expected cut off
|The score obtained by the candidates||Expected rank|
|Less than 31||20, 000|
|31 to 43||15,001 to 20000|
|43 to 60||8,501 to 11000|
|60 to 72||6,501 to 8500|
|72 to 81||5,001 to 6500|
|81 to 90||5,000 to 2,501|
|90 to 113||2,500 to 501|
|113 to 117||500 to 250|
1 to 250
The process to check VITEEE cut off
Here are the steps to follow to check the cut off of VITEEE 2021:
- Step.1: Visit the official website of VITEEE i.e. vit.ac.in
- Sep.2: Open the exam by clicking on the respective link
- Step.3: Then click the relevant link to see the cut-off.
- Step.4: Enter your roll number and DOB to check their VITEEE Cut off.
- Step.5: Click on the "submit" button to see the scorecard online on the display screen.
- Step.6: Then the scorecard will open on the display screen.
Information about the engineering branch and its closing rank (2015) in the VIT, Vellore campus-
The VIT cutoff varies are given in the graph below. the represented graph is the closing rank of Engineering in various branches in 2015 at the VIT, Vellore campus.
VITEEE 2021 Application Form
VITEEE 2021 Application form available both online and offline. VITEEE is a common entrance conducted by the VIT University, Vellore. Candidates have to go through the following steps to full fill the online application form of VITEEE 2021 such as-:
Candidates first have to register themselves to fill the application form of the VITEEE 2021 online mode. For registration candidates have to visit the VIT, Vellore then clicks on the new registration. After that candidates need to mention some of the details such as the name of the candidate, date of birth, Gender, Nationality, Mobile number, email ID, etc.
After completing the details, candidates will receive a confirmation message in their mobile number and email ID regarding the Registration.
Filling Application Form:
After successful registration on VITEE 2021. Candidates have to fill the application form of the VITEEE 2021. to fill the application form again first visit to the official website enter the registration Id and password. then you will find the official online Application form of
- After the candidates have to log in to the candidate portal to fill the application that requires the personal details, educational details & communication details.
- Personal details consist of Name, Date of birth, Gender, Blood group, Community, Religion, Mother tongue, Native state, Address for correspondence, & Hostel Accommodation (If desirous), etc.
- Educational details consist of Medium of instruction, Mode of study, Name of the board of both 10th and +2, Roll No./Registration No./Seat No. (If Passed), Name of the school, Address of the school including Area Name, Town/ City, State, District, Pin Code, etc
- Communication details consist of registered email id, contact number, emergency number, permanent and present address of the candidates.
Select the institute's preference and the course of interest. the VITEEE accepting institutes are:
Application fee payment:
Candidates have to pay Rs. 1150 as application fee through online by Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
Candidates are advised to keep a copy of the payment receipt along with them till the complete admission process is complete.
Uploading necessary documents:
The Uploading documents have a certain size and format
|Scanned Passport size photograph||10KB-200KB||3.5 x 4.5 CM||JPEG/JPG|
|Scanned signature||10KB-200KB||3.5 x 1.5 CM||JPEG/JPG|
Candidates need to upload their recent scanned image in JPEG/JPG format having size 10 KB - 200 KB and dimension 3.5 x 4.5 CM.
And they also need to upload their scanned signature in JPEG/JPG format having size 10 KB - 200 KB and dimension 3.5 x 1.5 CM.
Submit the application form:
After uploading the scanned documents, students are advised to check the details again before submitting them. Then submit the application form and take a print out of the filled application form for future use.
Procedure to apply offline:
If the Candidates want to apply for VITEEE 2021 offline then they have to collect the application form from the university by payment of Rs.1250 as DD in favor of the Vellore Institute of Technology, payable at Vellore.
Students can also collect it from post offices by paying Rs 1200 in cash.
After filling all the required details mentioned in the application form, the candidates need to send it to University along with all the required documents.
The address to purchase the application form is-
Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore Campus
Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai Campus
VIT Amaravati (AP)
How to check the VITEEE 2021 application status:
Candidates can check their VITEEE 2021 application status just by following these steps below-
Step.1: Open the official website of VIT University
Step.2: Log in to candidate portal using the registered email ID and Password
Step.3: Click on ‘submit’ tab
Step.4: The status of application form will be displayed
Arrange the following to submit the online form:
- Softcopy (scanned copy) of recently taken passport size colour photograph (10–200kb)(Dimensions - 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm)
- Softcopy (scanned copy) of Signature of the Candidate (10– 200kb) (Dimensions - 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm ) in JPG or JPEG format.
- Selfie photos will not be accepted.
- A scanned copy of Aadhar Card or proof of enrolment ID for Aadhar Card is to be submitted at the time of counselling.
VITEEE 2021 Application Fees (online and offline):
- Online Application Form Cost: Rs. 1150.
- Payment banking: Net banking or Debit card or Credit card.
- All the correspondence including centre booking and issue of e-admit card details will be done through SMS or email only. So, the applicant has to get ready with a valid email id and Mobile number for contact. VIT won't be responsible for non-receipt of SMS or email for incorrect mobile number or email id.
- All the necessary information has to be updated on the website www.vit.ac.in in a regular intervention.
- The cost of Offline Application Forms is Rs.1200.
- Offline (OMR) application forms will get from selected post offices and VIT Campuses. A list of post offices will be named in due course.
Application form for International Candidates:
- Both the NRI and Foreign students can apply for VITEEE 2021. The process of filling the online form is the same as that of Indian candidates but the Application fee and the documents are different.
- The application fee for foreign and NRI candidates is 50 USD.
The extra documents need to fill the VITEEE form for an International student is:
- The Bith certificates and the passport for the proof of age and nationality
- 11th-grade mark sheet/AS Level/Form V(for appearing candidates) & 12th-grade mark sheet/A Level/Form VI (for passed out candidates).
- NRI status of parents.
For Foreign candidates:
- The Bith certificates and the passport for the proof of age and nationality.
- 11th-grade mark sheet/AS Level/Form V(for appearing candidates) & 12th-grade mark sheet/A Level/Form VI (for passed out candidates)
- Both 11th and 12th Marksheets (for Nepal Education Board Candidates).
VITEEE 2021 Counseling:
The highlight table of VITEEE 2021 counseling:
|Ranks||Registration and Choice Filling(Tentatively)||Seat Allotment(Tentatively)|
|Rank 1 to 20,000||August 10 to 11, 2021||August 12, 2021|
|Rank 20001 to 60000||August 14 to 15, 2021||August 16, 2021|
|Rank 60001 to 1 lakh||August 18 to 19, 2021||August 20, 2021|
|Ranks above 1 lakh||August 22 to 23, 2021||August 24, 2021|
Steps to Follow after log in:
- Step-1 Know your results - rank position [available inside the login].
- Step-2 Read all the given instructions[inside login] carefully before you proceed.
- Step-3 Give your choices of preferred Course / Campus / Category.
- Step-4 Edit your choices before the deadline.
- Step-5 View your registered choices of Course / Campus / Category.
- Step-6 Seat allotment will be based on your rank and your preferred choice
During the counselling, process candidates have to pay an amount of Rs 5,000/- as Counseling fee which is non-refundable. The payment amount will be adjusted in the tuition fee when the candidate joins the University. When the Counseling will be completed during the admission they have to deposit 50% of the tuition fees to VIT University, payable in online mode.
Required Documents during Counseling and admission:
- Admit Card of VITEEE 2021
- Rank Card and Results of VITEEE 2021
- 10th Pass Certificate
- 12th Marksheet and Pass Certificate
- School/College Leaving Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Demand Draft for Rs. 50000/- drawn in favor of 'Vellore Institute of Technology', payable at Vellore. mention in the VITEEE application 2021.
- Demand Draft for Rs. 21,200/- drawn in favor of 'Vellore Institute of Technology', payable at Vellore for the candidates who want to stay in the hostel.
- Community Certificate (For SC/ST only)
- Migration Certificate (if issued by the board)
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North-Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura)
- 4 recent passport size photos
- Non-judicial stamp paper.etc
VITEEE 2021 Result:
As per the result, a merit list will be prepared for the VITEEE 2021 counseling session. The rank details will also be intimated to the students on the registered mobile no via SMS. after the completion of the exam, the results will be declared after the completion of the exam the authority will calculate the results then they will be published on the official website.
How to check VITEEE 2021 result:
- Step.1: Visit the official website of VITEEE i.e viteee.vit.ac.in
- Step.2: Click on “VIT result” link.
- Step.3: Enter the Application number and date of birth in the candidate login.
- Step.4: Click on the “Submit” button.
- Step.5: VITEEE result of 2021 will be displayed on the screen.
- Step.6: Check the result and download it.
Details mentioned in VITEEE 2021 Result:
The result card consists of the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Application Number
Scholarships provide by VITEEE:
The VITEEE also provides scholarships according to the performances of the students.
|Topper of States and Center||the total Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|1 to 50 VITEEE rank holder||75% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|51 to 100 VITEEE rank holder||50% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|101 to 1000||25% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
Toppers of the previous year 2020:
|01||Chagari Koushal Kumar Reddy|
|04||Sai Viswanath Chowdary Devalla|
|06||Thrinesh Reddy D|
VITEEE Toppers of 2019:
|01||Sai Saketika Chekuri|
|02||Gurajala Joel Moses|
|05||G Balaratna Swamy|
|09||Mohit Kumar Goyal|
VITEEE 2021 Answer Key:
The answer key is the right answer for an entrance exam. It helps the students to evaluate their results & performance before the declaration of the VITEEE result. However, The VITEEE 2021 Answer Key is accessible online after the exam. for Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Biology the answer key will be available. not for all VITEEE syllabus. by using the answer key the candidate can calculate their marks and the chances of getting admission. The official answer keys will be published at vit.ac.in, so students can calculate the answer in their own way.
Reason to download answer key:
- To know the correct answer to the question
- To check the own capacity.
- The exact solving process of the question.
- For comparing the answer correctly.
- Identify the mistake done by the candidates.
The process to download the answer key of VITEEE 2021:
- Step.1: To download the Answer key you must visit the official website of the VIT. On the official website, the answer key link will be given click on it.
- Step.2: After clicking on the link enter your registration number or roll number with the date of birth as password.
- Step.3: After the successful login, your answer key will appear on the screen. download it.
- Step.4: Print out the answer key of VITEEE 2021 for verification. and check with your answer sheet.
VITEEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
There are Eligibility criteria set by the VITEEE for the filling of the application form. The candidates can fill the VITEEE application form if he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2021 have to score an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Biology in the qualifying examination in the +2 or equivalent examination.
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM or PCB) in +2 or equivalent examination should be 50% for the SC or ST and North-East candidates.
- Candidates who have studied Regular, Full Time or Formal Education can only be eligible.
- Only Regular 'NIOS' board candidates are eligible for VITEEE, not Open School candidates.
- Candidates appeared for the +2 exam through different boards in the same academic year can’t be eligible for VITEEE-2021
Candidates should have a date of birth on or after 1st July 1997. The candidates having before the given date of births are not be eligible for VITEEE 2021.
- Both the Indian and foreign candidates can apply for the VITEEE 2021 entrances.
- The Indian residents can directly apply online if he/she has the given eligibility.
- International candidates and NRI can also apply for the foreign categories of VITEEE 2021.
VITEEE 2021 FAQs:
Q: Who conducts the VITEEE 2021 entrance exam?
A: The VITEEE 2019 entrance exam is being conducted by the Vellore Institute of Technology.
Q: How can I get my application number back if I forget it?
A: if you forget the application number hen no needs to be worry just follow the given instruction
- Click on the link ‘Forgot Application number?’
- Enter your Name and date of birth
- Enter mobile number and registered email id
- Enter security code as shown
- Click on ‘SUBMIT’ and note down your application number.
Q: Where can I get the answer keys for VITEEE 2021?
A: The exam conducting authorities of VITEEE 2020 never releases the answer keys for the entrance test. However, in case of any change, the details will be updated here.
Q: what to do if I forget my password for VITEEE 2021?
A: if you forget a password then create a new one by following steps-
- enter registered email id and password to log in.
- You will find the link ‘Forgot Password?’.Click it then you will be redirected to a page where you must provide the registered mobile number and registered email id.
- enter a new password and click ‘submit’ and note down your new password.
- To more know a visit to the VITEEE 2021 Application form.
Q: What are the subjects, the questions come from?
A: The questions in the VITEEE exam come from Physics, Chemistry, English, Biology/Mathematics. To know more details you should visit the VITEEE 2021 syllabus.
Q: Is there any provision for negative marking?
A: No, there is no provision for negative marking in VITEEE. The VITEEE exam pattern states that, every correct answer gives you one mark.
Q: What are the options of language in VITEEE?
A: There is only one option and that is English. No other options are available. for more details, candidates should go through the VITEEE exam pattern.
Q: What is the charge for offline forms?
A: The cost of offline application forms is Rs.1200. candidates can pay through online also. the details payment is mention in the VITEEE application form.
Q: What is the level of the questions?
A: The level of the questions in VITEEE is medium as the VITEEE syllabus covers the chapters from the 10+2 level classes.
Q: I am very poor in Mathematics, Is it mandatory or I have other options in VITEEE?
A: No, don't worry, if you don't want to add Mathematics in your exam paper then you can choose Biology over Mathematics. But you have to choose one of these two subjects.
Q: I want to do B. Tech in Biotechnology. But I am confused about whether to choose Biology or Mathematics?
A: If you are interested in Biotechnology then you have to pick Mathematics from the options as it is mandatory for the stream. Biotechnology is a branch of science which deals with the study of biology and its productivity of mankind's product. Biotechnology is the future of science.
Q: Are open school candidates eligible to attend VITEEE?
A: No, open school candidates are not allowed. Only regular 'NIOS' board candidates are eligible. The candidates are requested to visit the VITEEE eligibility before feeling the application form.
Q: What are the other fields in VITEEE rather than Engineering?
A: The Vellore University currently offers Undergraduate, Post-graduate, Integrated, and research programs in various courses like Engineering, Technology, Applied Sciences, and Management.
Q: Does VIT accept JEE MAIN score?
A: No, VIT does n't take admissions on the basis of the JEE MAIN score as it conducts its personal exam called VITEEE.
Q: How do I know the VITEEE score?
A: VIT never discloses its score. So you can't have any idea that how much you should score to qualify the entrance exam.
Q: Where can I get the admit card exactly?
A: If you have successfully completed the slot booking procedure then you can get the auto-generated admit cards directly from the official website of VITEEE i.e vit.ac.in.