Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune was founded in the year 1971 under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956. The campus has vast coverage of over 350 acres of land on the outskirts of Pune. SIU was declared as a Deemed-to-be University by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), the Institute was declared as a Deemed-to-be-University in 2002. The university is accredited with NAAC 'A' grade with a score of 3.58 on 4.
Symbiosis is a Multicultural, Multilingual, and Multinational institution where academic democracy prevails and equality is not preached but practiced. This is an institute where innovation, passion, and compassion are nurtured.
|Year of establishment||1956|
|University rankings (2019)||
|Modes of education||Full-time, part-time, correspondence, online|
|Number of courses offered||55+ courses in 8 streams|
|Total no. of seats||18000+|
|Highest & Average salary offered (2019)||SIBM Pune MBA program:
Admission Process & Eligibility:
SIU, Pune offers admission into various UG, PG, and Doctoral Programs under different streams such as Architecture and Design, Law, Management, Computer Science, Health & Biological Sciences, Media & Communications, Humanities & Social Sciences, and Engineering. There is also an extra provision of distance learning which is controlled by Symbiosis Distance Learning (SCDL).
- To take admission into B.A LL.B & BBA LL.B Programs, the candidates must have passed 10+2 level exam with at least 45% marks. But the final Selection will be done on the basis of your performance on the SLAT Entrance Test.
- BBA, BCA, BA, and B.Des programs can be applied by the candidates, who have passed 10+2 level courses in Relevant Stream with a minimum of 50% marks. The final selection is based on scores secured by the candidate in SET Entrance Exam whereas selection to B.Des is based on SEED Entrance Test Score.
- To apply for B.Tech programs, the candidates must have a valid score card in JEE Main/SITEEE. However, B.Sc. final selection is based on the SET Entrance Test/Entrance Test/Personal Interview.
- To get admission into the MBA program, the candidates must have a valid score card in SNAP Entrance Test.
- For the M.Tech course, the interested candidate needs to be a Graduate in the Relevant Stream with a GATE/ SIT scorecard.
All the admissions are based on entrance tests and personality assessments. The selected candidates in the written entrance tests are invited for the next personal interaction, group exercise, and writing ability test (studio test for Design courses).
Let's have a look at the entrance, course, and the time of the entrance in the table below;
|Entrance exam||Course||Registration cum exam cycle|
|SET||BBA, BA (Mass Comm), BCA, BSc (Eco Hons), BA/BSc
)Liberal Arts Hons), BSc (Culinary Arts), and BSc (Hospitality Management)
|SLAT||BA LLB, BBA LLB, BA LLB (Hons), BBA LLB (Hons)||January-May|
Why Join Symbiosis International University:
Symbiosis International University is counted among the top universities in India. It believes in student-driven culture and the inclusivity of diversity. Students from all corners of the country, even the world, and from different disciplines and degrees come together to chase a common goal. Such diversity in the classroom will lead to a fright and fruitful discussions as various thoughts and creativity come upon one table that will broaden the horizon.
Symbiosis is a regular participant and winner of the competitions like Godrej LOUD, Vodafone Voyage, ITC Interrobang!, L’Oreal Brandstorm, Mahindra War Room, Deloitte Maverick, HUL Carpe Diem, etc which creates a healthy environment for competition and encourages peer learning and teamwork.
Another spotlight of the SIU is its placement trends. Several front-line companies like Asian Paints, Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages, Nestle, Pidilite Industries, Wipro, Cummins India, GSK Healthcare, ITC, J.P. Morgan Services, Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd., Syngenta India, Tata Steel, HSBC India, ICICI Bank, Idea Cellular, etc. takes part in the campus drive. It is one of the few institutes in the country with a high number of PPOs (Pre-Placement Offers) and PPIs (Pre-Placement Interviews).
SIU is always placed among the good universities and also at good ranks in the national as well as international ranking panels.
Top Rankings 2019:
- It was Ranked 56th in NIRF Ranking 2019.
- According to BRICS QS World Ranking, it has Ranked 109th.
Top Rankings 2020:
- Ranked 43rd in NIRF Ranking
Courses & Fees:
|B.Tech||Rs 2.8 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|MBA||Rs 5.9 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|M.Tech||Rs 2.05 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|BBA||Rs 2.9 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|PG Diploma||Rs 42,000 (Total Fees)|
|Certification||Rs 16,500 (Total Fees)|
|Diploma||Rs 27,000 (Total Fees)|
Scholarships are the rewards given to students with excellent academic records. Symbiosis Scholarships are given to the meritorious students pursuing postgraduate programs from the institution. After satisfying the eligibility, the selected students will be provided with the scholarship amount.
- The student, who ranked top in the SNAP exam will be awarded a scholarship for the first semester of the academic session.
- There is a provision of a scholarship scheme, for the students, who will secure a minimum of 3 GPA.
- To avail of all the scholarships, the students need to submit all the nece3ssary documents in original. If there are any backlog records, then the students will not be allowed to claim merit scholarships.
- If any student is getting a scholarship from other sources or financial institutions, he/she shall not be debarred from Symbiosis Society Foundation Scholarships.
Many companies from various sectors including Automobile/Automotive, BFSI, Consulting, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, FMCG/FMCD, Information Technology, Infrastructure, Retail, and Telecom participate in the campus every year offering placements to the students. The Institute has already started its placement drive for the academic year 2020-21. Till now, the Highest CTC stood at INR 27 LPA which is offered by Proctor and Gamble whereas the Minimum CTC stood at INR 10 LPA.
|YEAR||% OF PLACEMENT||Highest package offered|
|2019-20||> 90% (in process)||30 LPA National and
31 LPA -International (till date)
|2018-19||> 88||12 LPA|
|2017-18||> 85||14.5 LPA|
|2016-17||> 88||14.5 LPA|
|2015-16||> 90||14.5 LPA National and
26 LPA International
- JP Morgan Chase
- Credit Suisse
- Eaton Tech
- Mother Dairy
- Religare Securities
- Bajaj Allianz
- Tata Motors
- Tally Solutions
List of Institutes under SIU:
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)||Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD)||Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune (SCMS-Pune)|
|Symbiosis Centre for Media & Communication (SCMC)||Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON)||Symbiosis Institute of Geoinformatics (SIG)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR)||Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID)||Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)||Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)||Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC)||Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT)||Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF)|
|Symbiosis Law School, Pune (SLS, Pune)||Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA)||Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE)|
|Symbiosis School of Biological Sciences (SSBS)||Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts (SSCA)||Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS)|
|Symbiosis School of International Studies (SSIS)||Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP)||ymbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune (SIBM Pune)|