The CAT (Common Admission Test) is a national level entrance exam of Management which give chances to get admission into the MBA course for more than 5000 seats in all IIMs & 100s of top MBA colleges like FMS Delhi, JBIMS Mumbai, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, IITs, XIMB, IMT, IMI, etc. It is a computer-based entrance conducted every year by one of the IIMs based on a rotation policy.
Here are the Highlights of CAT 2020:
|CAT official Website||www.iimcat.ac.in|
|Mode of Exam||Computer based|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Exam Eligibility||Graduation with 50%|
|Exam shifts||Morning & Evening|
|Application fee||Rs. 1900-for all
Rs. 950-for SC/ST/Pwd
CAT 2020 Registration process:
There are few more days left for applying for CAT. You already must have an idea about the process of registration but here once again we remind you the steps-
Register as a new candidate by giving the required data such as Name, Date Of Birth, etc and after submitting the OTP number & registration form the candidate will receive the user ID on the registered email address.
Step-2: Filling the Application Form
The application form will require your personal details, academic details as well as documents. After selecting the program and preference cites the candidate can proceed to other section.
Step-3:Uploading image & Signature
After completing the personal & academic section the candidate have to upload a clear and visible scanned photo and signature which must be in jpeg format.
Step-4: Application fee payment
The candidate can pay the application fee in online mode through credit/Debit card/ Net banking and should save the receipt of transaction as proof. After successful payment the candidate will receive an email in their registered email id.
- The CAT exam is a computer based online test.
- It consists 100 of questions in both multiple choice & subjective type.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.Each correct answer possess 3 marks.
- For each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
Here is the detailed Exam pattern of CAT 2020-
|Section||subject||time||no. of question||total marks|
|sec I||Verbal ability & Reading comprehension||60 minutes||34||102|
|Sec II||Data Interpretation & Logical reasoning||60 minutes||32||96|
|Sec III||Quantitative ability||60 minutes||34||102|
Also know: Things to remember on the exam day of CAT
The difficulty level of CAT 2020 is categorized into 3 types such as
Every time just after the exam, the level of paper is discussed whether it is easy, hard or medium. Basically the level of paper is decided and structured by the authority everytime but the no of attempts by a candidate depends upon some facts such as-
3. Mock test Practice
5. Preparation Strategy
To know the recommended best books for CAT, Click here
The cut off is the minimum mark required to qualify the exam and it is decided by the conducting authority. The facts that affect the Cut off score of Cat entrance exam are as follows-
1. Number of Applicants
2. Exam difficulty level
3. Seats available
4. Previous years' cut off
Here is the list of the cut-off score of different Management colleges:
|Management Colleges||CAT cut off|
Here is another list of the non- IIMs accepting CAT score:
1. Faculty of Management Studies (FMS Delhi)
2. Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
3. Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, SOM, IIT Bombay
4. Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras
5. Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
6. SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
7. Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB)
8. Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
9. National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
10. T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal
11. Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai
Also read: CAT Preparation Tips & Strategy