Perfusion Technology in India : Perfusion technology deals with studying the physiology and pathology of respiratory organs. A perfusionist is responsible for managing circulatory and respiratory functions of a patient during surgery to allow the cardiac surgeon to focus on the surgical procedure. A perfusionist is also known as a CCP or a Certified Clinical Perfusionist, who is actually a professionally trained health-care worker the field of heart and respiratory surgeries.
What is Perfusion Technology ?
Perfusion Technology is the study of physiology and the pathology of the lungs and the allied respiratory organs of the human body. The course also focusses on the required equipment that is used to support the functioning of the lungs and the heart during surgical procedures.
Read also : Anaesthesia : Career and Job Prospects in India
These technologists operate the heart-lung machines and other high-end equipment under the guidance of the healthcare practitioner. The also monitor optimal blood pressure and intervene with appropriate pharmacological and mechanical manipulation if something goes wrong, to enhance tissue viability.
One is eligible to apply for M.Sc in forensic medicine course after completing your the bachelors of science in perfusion technology., because Minimum qualification required to apply for post graduate degree in forensic medicine is B.Sc in Physics, Applied sciences, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Biochemistry, Microbiology, B.Pharma, and BDS from government recognised institutes.
- After completing a BSc in Perfusion Technology, you can take a postgraduate degree in Perfusion technology which will also make you eligible to be an instructor in institutions of Perfusion Technology.
- You can do M.Sc in Cardiac Perfusion Technology which will provide you ample of opportunity in your future.
Job Opportunities (Areas) for Perfusion Technologist:
- Super specialty hospitals
- ICU, and CTICU
- NICU and pediatric units
- Private and government hospitals
- Teaching and training professional
- Social welfare organizations
- Emergency Medical Care
- Sales and Marketing to sell Perfusion Products
What to study?
The academic program includes classroom lectures and practical training in the hospital. After the completion of course, students have to take up an internship program for 6 months in the prescribed hospitals.
To be a Perfusionist, the candidate can join UG & PG Courses. They can choose degree or diploma courses to make their career as a perfusionist.
Candidates who have passed 12th Science with PCB subjects are eligible to pursue this course. Minimum aggregate marks required could be anywhere around 50-55% marks.
Popular courses are mention below
- B.Sc. Perfusion Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Perfusion Technology
- B.Sc in Cardio Pulmonary Perfusion Care Technology
- P.G. Diploma in Cardiac Pulmonary Perfusion Technology
- Diploma in Perfusion Cardiac Surgery
Perfusion Technology Colleges in India :
Here are some of the most demanding and top Paramedical institutes, Hospitals, Private Colleges and Government Colleges that are known to offer this program are:
List of Top colleges in India for studying perfusionist
- Manipal University
- SRM University Kattankulathur Campus
- Jamia Hamdard University
- Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara University
- Noida International University
- Sharda University
- Ansal University
- Chitkara University
- Mahatma Gandhi Mission Institute of Health Sciences
- Singhania University
- Yenepoya University
- Manipal University, School of Allied Health Sciences
Top Recruiters for Perfusion Technologists
- Help Age India, SCTIMST
- Medybiz Pvt Ltd
- Apollo Hospitals
- Fortis Hospital
- Kailash Hospital
- Max Hospital
- Metro Hospital
- Research and development centre
Career, Job Prospect and Salary:
Career With Perfusion Technology
Those with tremendous experience in the field can also work as perfusion equipment suppliers and as sales and marketing professional for perfusion products. They can also become perfusion educators. A government perfusionist can earn from Rs. 35,000 to 65,000 based on their background and experience. A privately appointed perfusionist can earn up to Rs 1-2 lakh per months depending on the experience.
|Job profile||Job Description||Average Salary per Year|
|Cardiac Perfusionists||They assist the surgical procedures of the heart and lungs. They are responsible for the restoration of the patient’s respiratory and circulatory capacities in complex surgeries.||Rs. 12-15
|Medical Case Review Physician||They audit the medical records and ensure their completeness and accuracy, to enhance the quality of care and the credibility of the hospital.||Rs. 14-16
|Perfusionists||They monitor the patients on respiratory assistance devices in the ICU. They work towards the speedy recovery of the patients and help them to wean out of the ventilators.||Rs 8 -11
|Lecturers and Professors||After completing a Masters in perfusion technology, one can teach and train students in cardiac perfusion techniques.||Rs. 7 -10
Latest Admission Alerts for B.Sc in Perfusion Technology 2020
- AIIMS Delhi
- Noida International University (NIU)
- Integral University Lucknow
- AIIMS Rishikesh
- Ranga Raya Medical College