Hotel management has developed tremendous success over the last few decades and is still a popular alternative for a lot of students after the 12th standard. Not only does the industry offer lucrative compensation packages, but it is often considered to provide its workers with adequate benefits. If one is considering a career in hotel management/ hospitality management, then one must look into different national level exams and along with that some of the top hotel management institutes all over India.
Know more: Top 10 Hotel Management Colleges In Kolkata
Top hotel management colleges in India include institutions such as IHM and other institutions offering various courses, such as MBA, BBA, BBM and MHA.
In India, there are more than 800 top hospitality management colleges offering quality management education to students. This comprises of 620 private colleges and around 200 public colleges.
Some of the top hotel management institutions in India include IHM Delhi, WGSHA Manipal, AIHMCT, etc.
Eligibility criteria for hospitality management
- The basic qualifying requirements to be submitted for undergraduate courses are 10+2 by a recognized institution with English as one of the subjects.
- For postgraduate courses, the candidate may have completed a bachelor's degree in hotel/hospitality management.
- NOTE: each course and college/institute has separate criteria for deciding the entry of candidates. Some institutes often pick candidates on the basis of their grades in different entrance exams, such as AIMA UGAT, NCHMCT-JEE, etc. or other university-level/college level entrance tests.
Top Hotel Management colleges in India are:
Oberoi Centre for Learning & Development, New Delhi
- OCLD Management Programs are numbered among the best in Asia and are a model for innovation in hospitality and management education. Their programmes include intensive classroom education at the Oberoi Center for Learning and Growth and hands-on training at our award-winning Oberoi and Trident hotels.
- The Hospitality Business Management Curriculum offers a good platform for hospitality studies and management practices with a global outlook on the industry and the opportunity to evaluate the changing demands of the marketplace.
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering & Nutrition, Pusa, New Delhi, commonly known as IHM Pusa, is India's leading hospitality management school in Delhi, India.
- WGSHA is India's leading hotel management institute and was ranked 26th of the Best Hospitality and Hotel Management Colleges in the World 2020 by CEOWORLD Magazine.
- The institute offers both full-time and short-term courses, including B.Sc Hotel Management, M.Sc. Hospitality Management, PGD Lodging Operations, Qualification courses in Food Processing and Food & Beverage Facilities. IHM Bangalore is well-known for its placement history.
- The technical BHM course at CHRIST (Deemed to be University) aims at developing talent for the hospitality industry and building on the other strengths that will allow them to expand into allied fields as well. The educational curriculum focuses on the development of professional expertise and skills in hotel operations.
- IHM Chennai was founded in 1963 and is one of the leading institutions providing high-quality education and developing industry-ready hotel and hospitality professionals.
Skills needed for the management of hotels:
- Capacity to tackle things/events
- Strong social skills
- Excellent customer care capabilities
- Attention to the specifics
Opportunities in the field of Hotel management
The hotel management business provides a lot of job opportunities. Income in hospitality management can differ depending on the candidate's profile and expertise.
- Manager of the Hotel
- Taster of Wine
- Director of catering
- Executive Household
- Resident Manager:
- Supervisor of Food and Beverage
Hotel and Hospitality Management Courses broaden the scope for students in the hotel and hospitality field. With the rising demand in the hotel and hospitality industry, hotel and hospitality management students can take advantage of outstanding prospects in both the public and private sectors. In India, Hotel and Hospitality Management courses are offered by UG, PG and Diploma courses.