Aviation medicine is a branch of medicine that includes preventive, emotional, and social, environmental, and clinical medicine with the physiology and psychology of the person in flight. Aviation medicine, also known as flight medicine or aeronautical medicine, term a linked medication that is used to help the patients/subjects like pilots, flight crews, or travellers. The job aims for the safety and health of those who fly, crew, and passengers, as well as the selection and performance of those who hold aviation licenses.
Along with the pilot and other aviation crew, flight doctors travel to different destinations. They help in medical emergencies during flying. Broadly established, this subfield aims to identify and avoid adverse health physical effects on hostile biological and physical stress in the aerospace environment. Problems vary from life support systems for astronauts to the identification of an ear barrier in a child flying on an airliner with elevated cabin noise. Aeromedical qualification of pilots, aircrews, and patients is also part of Aviation Medicine.
- The qualification requires for applicants to have completed MBBS / BAMS with a base total score of the half, with a 1-year required entry-level role. In addition to scoring an average of 60% in their graduation.
- Regularly, students are expected to apply for an organization, a State or a National-level Test for entry to the course.
- Applied basic science knowledge
- Diseases with reference to General Medicine
- Recent advances
- Biostatistics and clinical epidemiology
- Diagnostic investigation and procedures
- Monitoring seriously ill patients
- Counselling patients and relatives
- Ability to teach undergraduate students
- Ability to carry out research
- Ward/OPD patient management
- Long and short topic presentations
- Ward rounds, case presentations and discussions
- Clinico-radiological and clinicopathological conferences
- Journal conferences
- PG Case presentation clinics
- Research review
- In-house and guest lectures
- Conferences, symposia, seminars and CMEs
- Participation in workshops, updates, conferences
- Teaching undergraduate
- Use and maintenance of biomedical equipment.
Colleges in India offering the course:
- Institute of Aerospace Medicine
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University