Pedodontics and Preventive Dentristry is the branch of dentistry that deals with the oral health of the children from birth to adolescence. The program teaches the candidates about different real clinical situations and how they can deal with them. For this purpose, they use problem based learning. The course is beneficial for delivering treatment to physical, emotional and mental debilitated children. It is also helpful for treating medicinally compromised patients and for overseeing the medical emergencies in children and also those who are undergoing different kinds of treatment.
MDS in Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
This is a three year postgraduate degree program.
The candidate must have completed their BDS from a recognized college or university with at least 55% marks. The candidates must check for the age criteria before submitting their application form. The candidates must also have completed their one year internship before getting admitted to this course.
Institutes offering this course
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur
- Sri Ramachandra medical College and Researc Institute, Chennai
- Jodhpur Dental College and General Hspital, Jodhpur
- Genesis Institute of Dental Science and Research, Firozpur
- Annoor Dental College and Hospital, Ernakulam
- Maitri College of Dentistry and Research Centre, Chattisgarh
- Modern Dental College and Research Centre, Indore
- Rishiraj College of Dental Science, Bhopal
- Bangalore Institute of Dental Science and Hospital and Post Graduate Research Centre, Bangalore
- Singhad Dental College and Hospital, Pune
- Vidya Shikshan Prasarak Mandals Vspm Dental College, Nagpur
The average course fee for the course is Rs 10000 to Rs 25 lakh for three years.
It is done on the basis of the performance of the candidate in the entrance exam and then the selected candidates have to appear for a counselling session.
Some of the entrance exams conducted by the different colleges in India are:
- All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Exam
- Bharti Vidyapeeth Dental College and Hospital MDS Entrance Exam
- Manipal University MDS Entrance Exam
- Kerala University MDS Entrance Exam
- Dr D.Y. Patil All India Common Entrance Test (AICET)
- Fortis Healthcare
- Care Hospitals
- MAX Healthcare
- Kailash Hospital
- Apollo Hospitals
- Indian Council of Medical Research
The candidates can also apply at multispecialty clinics, polyclinics, defence services, private practice, healthcare panels of companies, public and private dental institutions.
- Dental Surgeon
- Training Manager
- Operations Manager
- Medical Writer
- Team Leader- Pharmacovigilance
The average starting salary is Rs 3 to 15 lakh per annum.