The Council of Architecture (CoA) is going to conduct the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2021 in two phases. The first phase exam will start on 10th April 2021. This exam is the gateway of admission to a five-year Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) degree course offered in different institutions. This year authority has changed the exam pattern. Here we are providing details about the exam pattern, type of questions, mode of the exam, etc. So that candidates can understand and start their preparation according to the exam pattern.
Changes in exam pattern:
- NATA will be conducted in online mode.
- The exam has a single section i.e. Aptitude Test consists of Multiple-Choice type (MCQ), Multiple Select types (MSQ), Preferential Choice type (PCQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAQ).
- The total number of questions is 125 answered to be in 180 minutes and the maximum mark is 200 with marking scheme of question carry 1, 2, 3 marks.
NATA 2021 Exam pattern:
|Mode and Medium of exam||Online mode and English|
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of questions||125|
|Type of question||Multiple-Choice type (MCQ), Multiple Select types (MSQ), Preferential Choice type (PCQ), and Numerical Answer type (NAQ|
|Number of section||1 (Aptitude Test)|
|Marking scheme||Questions will carry either 1 mark,2 marks or 3 marks|
Following aptitude techniques to be assessed by candidates:
- Diagrammatic Reasoning – examines the ability of logical reasoning, using diagrams and scenarios
- Numerical Reasoning – mathematical ability through simple problems are examined
- Verbal Reasoning – this examines the ability to assess verbal logic
- Inductive Reasoning – The ability to see patterns and analyze given data
- Situational Judgment – examine problem-solving ability.
- Logical Reasoning – test ability to recognize patterns, sequences, or relationships between shapes and imagery.
- Abstract Reasoning – Will assess general knowledge, and ability to utilize knowledge in new situations
Read more : NATA Preparation Tips, Strategy, How to prepare NATA exam?