sarada Prasad Rath
Engineering in India has been a passion for more than half of the young generation in India. Getting into a good engineering college has become a dream for all of them. While most students opt for top govt. Colleges such as IITs (which is very difficult to get into), others prefer private institutions.
BITS Pilani is one of the most prestigious private engineering colleges that is present in the country right now. The institute was established in the year 1964. It has been in the list of top engineering colleges year after year. Let’s see why candidates choose BITS Pilani to pursue their engineering dream which makes it the most demanding engineering college of the country.
Getting into BITS Pilani
It's not that hard to get into BITS Pilani. The admission is done only on the basis of the Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) scores, unlike IITs which offer admission through JEE Main and JEE Advanced scores. The level of BITSAT is not so easy but it is easier than JEE Main.
BITS Pilani has similar eligibility criteria as JEE Main and is open to foreign applicants. BITSAT will be a computer-based test that is more comfortable for this generation of students. While the JEE Main syllabus also has topics outside of NCERT, Candidates can clear BITSAT through NCERT preparation alone.
Check BITSAT 2020 Cut-Off
Placements in BITS Pilani
Placements of a college are the most major factor that makes a student choose a certain college. The placements in BITS Pilani has been top-notch every year. Above 90% of students are placed every year with an average salary of 6 – 7 Lakh rupees per annum.
Placement partners of BITS Pilani:
There are above 200 organizations that are tied with BITS Pilani for placements. Some top organizations are:
|Indus Valley Partners
|JP Morgan & Chase
To check the full list, Click Here
BITS Pilani has signed MoU with a lot of foreign universities such as:
- College of Engineering, National Cheng-Kung University, Taiwan
- Figure Network, France
- Hiroshima University, Japan
- International Water Association (IWA), London
- Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan
- La Trobe University, Australia
- Nanhua University, Taiwan
- University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- Tuition Fee Scholarship: Students who have obtained 75% or above in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 20% of the first-semester tuition fees.
- Students with a CGPA of 9.00 or above on a 10.00 scale at the end of the previous semester will be given a merit scholarship of 20% of tuition fees for the current semester for the normal duration of the programme.
- Students who are UAE Nationals will be offered a 50% tuition fee scholarship based on their performance in the qualifying examination and continuity of a minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10.00 scale during the programme.
Life at BITS Pilani
BITS Pilani is mostly known for its academic flexibility. You can complete your B.Tech in 3.5 years if you have the potential. You can choose among the 150+ electives that are offered each semester.
Unlike most engineering colleges, BITS Pilani does not have any attendance rules. BITS Pilani provides enormous freedom to its students right from the beginning. Students make their own time table and even choose their teachers. Students get their doubts cleared personally from the faculty.
These are just the tip of the iceberg, you will come across many other remarkable opportunities after joining BITS Pilani. The four years that you spend in BITS Pilani will probably be your life’s best four years.
Read here, Which Engineering Branches Have Maximum Chances of Getting a Job?
Also read, Moulding the future of engineering With 7 new trends